The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Bias Conspiracy

Silenceo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saba was a Grand Master... if Saba is not comparable to Revan, then a Grand Master is not comparable to the almight Revan (there is more then 1 Grand master hint hint.... ;) ;)

Saba's not.

In the same way that she's not comparable to Mace, Kyp or Jaina. She's not that level, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Please leave the trash talking for elsewhere. This thread is for discussing bias's, not Megan Fox, or each others specific quality of debating style, or ect.

Era. Bias's.

Sure, specific characters could fall into that category, but this current discussion does not.

Lol wut? For the second time, I have Revan well below Yoda? You think I put him Mortis level or somewhere? lmfao.

You put him third.... above windu, above Jaina, above Grand Master Nomi (though I agree with you there), above every other grand master in SW history. And the fact that you cringe at even thinking that Revan comparable to any one that ISNT Yoda, or Luke is wrong. Characters are very close to one another, EVERY grandmaster is comparable to one another.

Saba's not.

In the same way that she's not comparable to Mace, Kyp or Jaina. She's not that level, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

She is. She beat Kenth, who was DID put Kyp up against a wall and hold him there for a short time. many of the NJO masters were comparable to one another. Saba was comparable to Kyp and Jaina, and Jaina Comparable to Mace.

While I wouldnt put her on top 10 neccisarily. That doesnt mean they arent comparable. They are still high level masters of the force and have high martial skill.

You serious? Did he get any money from it?

Nah. I had to sit through a 5 hour car-ride listening to how Niall is perfection from my GF.

Nah but I got to meet him at my Dad's wedding, which was awesome.

Back on topic, I still struggle to see why people say "*Blank* was one of the best in the PT/NJO/OT" and expect that to actually equate to being equal to the most powerful Jedi of other Eras. Revan, Yoda and Luke are the staples of the Jedi order throughout history, whilst Revans not on their tier (yet) people really need to stop with the personal hate towards him getting in the way of debate.

Nah but I got to meet him at my Dad's wedding, which was awesome.

Back on topic, I still struggle to see why people say "*Blank* was one of the best in the PT/NJO/OT" and expect that to actually equate to being equal to the most powerful Jedi of other Eras. Revan, Yoda and Luke are the staples of the Jedi order throughout history, whilst Revans not on their tier (yet) people really need to stop with the personal hate towards him getting in the way of debate.

I dont hate Revan, my point is he is a comparable master, to OTHER comparable masters. Most Jedi, most Masters are not more then a couple percentages away from one another. Basically after Luke every high level master is basically of a similar level. Revan, Yoda, Mace, Jaina, Kenth, Saba, Nomi, Satele, they are all extremely close in power to one another. Not saying "revan is worse" saying these others have comparable enough ability to keep up with him and the subordinates with him.

Edited by tunewalker

I dont hate Revan, my point is he is a comparable master, to OTHER comparable masters. Most Jedi, most Masters are not more then a couple percentages away from one another. Basically after Luke every high level master is basically of a similar level. Revan, Yoda, Mace, Jaina, Kenth, Saba, Nomi, Satele, they are all extremely close in power to one another. Not saying "revan is worse" saying these others have comparable enough ability to keep up with him and the subordinates with him.

Revan vs Satele, Marr, Beniko, Theron + Protag = Satele level? *Insert liar liar alrighty then link here*

They're not close though, Revan, Yoda, Jaina, Mace are all leagues above Kenth Hamner and would literally stomp him. Saba is Kit Fisto level at best, and that's nowhere near Yoda.

Yes, in the same Respect that Vader and RotJ Luke is comparable to Sidious.

Lol, no. They aren't. Vader was nowhere near comparable to Sidious and no other grandmaster was comparable to Sidious except Luke Skywalker. Yoda was also the most powerful grand master the order has ever seen. Confirmed by Lucas himself.

Revan vs Satele, Marr, Beniko, Theron + Protag = Satele level? *Insert liar liar alrighty then link here*

They're not close though, Revan, Yoda, Jaina, Mace are all leagues above Kenth Hamner and would literally stomp him. Saba is Kit Fisto level at best, and that's nowhere near Yoda.

And that right there, is kind of what I am talking about with Era Bias against the NJO. The Skywalker line is the most powerful force user line to have ever existed, we know that based on the prophecy, yet people who become comparable to this line and can challenge them (Kenth, Kyp, Kyle, Saba, Corran) are 2 bits by comparison to Yoda, Revan, Jaina and Mace. now Yoda I can kind of see, Jaina is already kind of proven wrong by the previous ones as they WERE comparable to her which just leaves Mace and Revan, which I see no reason why the top top masters of that era WOULDNT be comparable to them. They have similar feats as far as I have been able to tell, no one has posted anything that would suggest other wise, and I havent read any book that would suggest other wise.

Why is it if you are from the NJO and you Dont have Skywalker or Solo in your last name you have to be crap. Just because the most powerful Jedi line to ever exist has a bunch of good strong people (surprise surprise thats kind of the point) doesnt mean others not part of that line would not be comparable to others not part of that line from the past.

Lol, no. They aren't. Vader was nowhere near comparable to Sidious and no other grandmaster was comparable to Sidious except Luke Skywalker. Yoda was also the most powerful grand master the order has ever seen. Confirmed by Lucas himself.

Like I said, in the same way Vader and RotJ Luke is comparable to him (IE Vader IS comparable to Sidious, he is confirmed 80% of sidious that is comparable) yes Yoda again we KNOW is the greatest Grand Master Pre-Luke, but again that doesnt mean he cant be comparable to others, after all his subordinate Windu was close enough in strength that he actually faired BETTER against Sidious.

I think I am starting to understand peoples problem, they dont understand the definition of "Comparable"

Like I said, in the same way Vader and RotJ Luke is comparable to him (IE Vader IS comparable to Sidious, he is confirmed 80% of sidious that is comparable) yes Yoda again we KNOW is the greatest Grand Master Pre-Luke, but again that doesnt mean he cant be comparable to others, after all his subordinate Windu was close enough in strength that he actually faired BETTER against Sidious.

I think I am starting to understand peoples problem, they dont understand the definition of "Comparable"

That Windu logic :confused::rolleyes:

That Windu logic :confused::rolleyes:

Looks like I have to pull out the dvd's and start quoting stuff from them about Windu, or you guys can just do me a favor and go watch them. Stuff about second only to Yoda, how the only ones that can Challenge Sidious, are Yoda.... AND Windu (or that could have been dooku need to pull that stuff out again) But yes Windu was Yoda's second, but it WAS a close second.

To bring up something else, and since we're massively off-topic, how canon are movie scripts?

...... seriously??? They are in the movies.... so higher then anything I would assume.

Edit: sorry about my tone I think I am getting annoyed for once.

Edited by tunewalker