Stock Night is Balanced Night

tunewalker

Was finding by playing that I felt that ships were much more balanced Stock then they are mastered. This leads me to believe that the Chasis on all the ships are fine, and that the problem with Strikes right now is they Scale the Worst with upgrades by comparison to other ships.

Was finding by playing that I felt that ships were much more balanced Stock then they are mastered. This leads me to believe that the Chasis on all the ships are fine, and that the problem with Strikes right now is they Scale the Worst with upgrades by comparison to other ships.

Agree! I feel that stock strike is harder to kill than stock scout and the manueverbility differences of each ship class are ideal for what they are supposed to be. ;)

I wish T1 has ion cannon as stock choice. That would be devastate!

Heh, why not make a tier 0 night? Like stock night, except you can choose any component as long as you leave it without any upgrades.

You could definitely try making one of those, one of the main reason I went with default components is how simple it was and how easy it was for people to log in from different servers and be ready to go.

I do foresee charged plating being a very very powerful shields component however with no weapons being able to unlock armor penetration. I suppose you could counter it with thermites and protons but who knows it might be fine we've never tried it.

I have so many events I'm running right now I'm going to just keep doing those, but if you want to start organizing stuff ALaggyGrunt I'm sure everyone would welcome it. :)

I don't think "balance" is the word I would use.

I would use "homogenous", I think. The ships on stock night have more similar capabilities compared to their mastered equivalents. No one can burst you down instantly, and no one can turn off half of your weapons.

But overall I would say that there's a lot less strategies going on- that, I think, makes things seem "balanced".

Here's an example: the girl bomber starts with proton torps, missile drone (with huge cooldown), and laser cannons. This means that the ship is basically a lot more like a strike fighter than it will be in most situations where requisition is involved.