Please change Minor and Major XP Boosts to Artifact quality

Screaming_Ziva

That's true, BUT, if you search for "minor warzone boost", it only lists "minor warzone" boosts. Maybe you don't realize there is a text box where you can enter search criteria. Or maybe you don't realize that you don't have to type in the entire specific name for the item you want. Just entering "minor warzone" would probably only find "minor warzone XP boosts", for example, unless there's some other item with "minor warzone" in the name (in which case, adding another search term would narrow it down even more).

That's outstanding. Here's my issue: They're not looking for WZ xp boosts, they're searching for general xp boosts, which is the topic of the thread, so how will this help them? Since every single booster has the same text, with the exceptions being added text for things like your example, a general search for xp boosters will bring up every single type listed on the GTN. So your free advice is worth every penny. :p

• 3 months later...

/signed

THIS IS NEEDED!

The "search exact name" button (or, even better, an "exclude words" text box) would be a great tool in general. But in the case of xp boosts, giving the general ones a specific name e.g. Minor General Experience Boost would sort the problem.

I guess we need to make a thread in the suggestion box or something for devs to see it, right?

Well, then I must have a different GTN than you, because whenever I search for them they are the very first in the list... I've absolutely no need to page through oodles of other type of boosts.

Are you sorting by price, price per unit, name, or some other sorting method? Most of the time, I'm sorting by price. Since I'm looking for cheaper items. for example, I'd buy an adaptive belt for a set listed at 50k, rather than the same belt listed at 500k.

Of course, if I'm looking for a specific item in a long list of stuff, I tend to sort by name so I can find it easier. Especially if I'm not sure how to spell it in its entirety. After that,I narrow my search and then sort by price again.

Anyway, was just curious about your sorting method.

That's true, BUT, if you search for "minor warzone boost", it only lists "minor warzone" boosts. Maybe you don't realize there is a text box where you can enter search criteria. Or maybe you don't realize that you don't have to type in the entire specific name for the item you want. Just entering "minor warzone" would probably only find "minor warzone XP boosts", for example, unless there's some other item with "minor warzone" in the name (in which case, adding another search term would narrow it down even more).

Wow, you're thick!

Well, then I must have a different GTN than you, because whenever I search for them they are the very first in the list... I've absolutely no need to page through oodles of other type of boosts.

I don't normally use such a strong word in posts but, you're flat out lying.

Just give the GTN search proper boolean search capabilities.

If GTN search was like google, I'd have no problem searching "minor experience boost" and only getting the 25% for all xp boosts, because the quotes indicate I'm looking for exact phrase. It filters out extraneous stuff in the middle that, in the case of our XP boosts, leads to a bunch of extraneous stuff that we can't filter out (without giving up the ability to see any underpriced items we'd otherwise want to snap up).

The same situation happens with black and black dye modules (or any dye with the same primary/secondary color). There's no way to tell the GTN search that we want the word "black" to appear TWICE in the item we're searching for. As a result, it pulls up every dye module that has some black in it, even though we want a pure dye that is the same color for both primary and secondary. Proper search functionality would fix this too.

That would probably be the easiest fix. It would be a nice little qol update and we can sure use a lot of those!.

I think you really are on a different GTN. I just logged in to test it. When I first search for minor exp, the first one doesn't show up until page 4. If you sort by name, the class quest buffs come up first, but then you can't sort by price. Sorting by low to high price they don't show up until page 12.

The only sort option that puts them first is sorting highest to lowest. Sorting that way you will overlook any under-priced listings.

And this person actually knows how to use the GTN ladies and gentlemen. Cookies should be supplied to him/her, stat. ^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.