The Gauntlet has been Thrown: Sith Praxium Vs. The World

zaskar

A Best of Seven Tournament

Canceled. Sith Praxium has declined to play.

Where: TBA

When: TBA

Who: Sith Paraxium vs The Friggin World

Purse: 240 million Credits

In another thread Soontir Fel of Sith Praxium on Bergen Colony stated:

I'd put our 12 best against anyone's 12 best and you can watch as your team gets destroyed by the definition of TEAMWORK.

I'm putting my credits where my mouth is. I'll sponsor the best 12 pilots from all servers vs. the current roster from Sith Praxium in a best of seven stock ships tournament. I'll put up 10 million credits per pilot (120 million credits) purse for the World team.

You threw the gauntlet, I'm picking it up. Lets come up with a date and bring your 120 million so the world pilots can take your credits.

If you're not from the guild Sith Praxium send me a PM if you want to be put on the list of potential pilots for the team. We'll bring 14-16 to the tournament incase of disconnects/hella ping/etc. If i've not flown with you I'll get with you in the next couple of weeks fly some sorties with ya.

Edited by zaskar

Wow I think we might have a new most despicable person on the forums, sorry Verain but you've been dethroned!

I really thought you were just being trolly Zaskar but this is just wow I don't even know where to start. I hope you didn't think of inviting me or any of my team cause I can assure you none of us will be attending this ridiculous thing you're attempting to create.

I'd also like to point out thanks for putting it on the exact same night as my event I put up a few days ago and on top of that not respecting the guild you are trash talking by making it a Saturday when they have clearly stated they play on Sundays.

Have fun trying to get good pilots to follow you after you were so rude to others for no apparent reason.

I sincerely hope you show up on their server alone with no one to back you up.

As for the Sith Praxium guys I'd just like to throw it out there I love what you guys are trying to do on your server, keep up the good work trying to build a GSF community there. I do plan to drop by eventually, I'm just already on a lot of servers at the moment.

Ah damn, sorry drak, I totally forgot you switch from Sunday to Saturday. I'll find a new date.

Here are some other new things for you to find:

1. A new outlook on life

2. A new approach to interpersonal communications

3. A new forum to troll with your relentless negativity, if you can't manage #1 and #2

- Despon

For what it's worth, I also consider the post that set Zaskar off to be out of line. But since Zaskar's internal filter had raccoons chew through it, somehow this is the resultant world.

But there's so many problems with this, it's hard. It's real hard. Drako points out the odd thing with the days, the tone, and the absolute anger, but there's other issues with the approach.

1)- Did you work with the guy you are trying to punt into the outfield to figure out when the dueling lines would be drawn up?

2)- The statement that you are looking for "the best 12 pilots from all servers" is itself pretty incendiary. We don't have an arena list or something. And Zaskar- what if you personally aren't even IN the top twelve? If that bothers you to read, then QED: the concept is very incendiary.

3)- The reaction to some guy making this claim seems disproportionate. If their team was that incredible, they would come to Drako's event nights. If their team was that incredible but couldn't leave their server, they would make a thread like this. So this sounds like there's a couple guys who think their team is some kind of "world class" team when, in fact, there is no easy to gauge measure that they can point to in order to believe this, and they don't act like they believe it themselves. So maybe that's just some cheerleader for their team, or a guild master, and he's saying he believes in his friends. Has that guy even situated himself such that you can take his claim seriously enough?

4)- If someone had made me as cross as you became, I would have started by asking players I know directly. Not some generic request for "the twelve best". If you had done that, imagine how differently the response would have been.

5)- Note that he specified a 12v12. You've flown with us on several nights, and with us on event nights, and even against us on event nights. With five-eight groups plus even more solo queues plus whatever other celebrity GSF guys stopped by... we never got a sextuple premade 12v12. We've been very close- we've had quad premade 8v8 a few times a night, we've had quad premade 12v12 with 1-2 event pilots extra and the rest pugs, but I don't think that ever in GSF history has shad-chan actually made us that match, despite giving her all that is needed in pilots. That claim alone should have set off bells when he said it- you certainly shouldn't have assumed it was possible when making your own.

Anyway, once you get your filter reinstalled, consider trying this again in a different way. I like that you are trying to set something up to be competitive, but this just comes from such a fiery place.

Edited by Verain

The problem(s) with this whole stupid series of posts is that Zaskar apparently carries some kind of vendetta and grudge against a whole server (hidden behind the spoiler tag in his post ) for...

1. ...apparently being too easy for him, since he "used to fly on BC but I got very bored with the 20 plus kills and no deaths all the time." and "Not a soul could lay a hit on my scout, your bombers died to my EMP pulse and rockets over and over."

and

2. people not listening to his advice in order to better their performance. Given the tone he takes on this forum, and in this very thread, I wouldn't listen to a word he had to say on anything because he comes off as someone who has a really high opinion of himself and thinks anyone else is "Friggin, snowflakes, the lot of you"

(I'm not sure what he has against snowflakes, or what that is meant to convey exactly, but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be a disparaging name-call against the 'unwashed masses')

So, he derides a whole server's population (particularly singling out GSF pilots) as being worthless and makes grandiose claims about his own amazing skills. Now, I've flown 1900 or so matches on BC from January until present. I think it's fair to say that based on that amount of matches, I have a good basis to make judgements on the quality of play there. The current state of the server's GSF is that there are a lot of solid-to-excellent pilots there. The factions can be balanced, depending on whether the top guys who play both sides are split between them, but it skews in favor of the Imps these days. There are some groups that are displaying very good teamwork and coordination. If I were hand-picking a 'best of' roster of BC pilots, I'd have no trouble filling out a deadly 4-man, or full wing of 8-12.

I'd really like to know what name Zaskar flew under on BC, and when he was active there, to properly place his vitriolic lambasting of a whole server's GSF community into perspective, because I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

So maybe that's just some cheerleader for their team, or a guild master, and he's saying he believes in his friends. Has that guy even situated himself such that you can take his claim seriously enough?

I'll gladly add that title to my collection. Soontir Fel the Cheerleader! You're damn right I believe in my team. These are some of the most outstanding individuals I have ever played with, in character and in skill.

Which is more than can be said about this joke, zaskar, who comes in trying to tarnish the name of an outstanding GSF community. How can you talk trash about a community you dont even fly in? If you want respect, you got to earn it. it isnt given by being a forum troll, which seems to be all you're really thought of to be. I havent seen one person post about what a great pilot you are. Teamwork makes the dream work. You should come over any Sunday night, you might learn a few things ;)

I mean, Zaskar does fly on a few servers, and he's definitely a solid pilot. He shows up casually and at events. His post here isn't a troll- it's a flame. And in his mind, you started it. That's objectively totally wrong, but he's definitely not trolling. Just like, so acidic.

Someone had the gall to say "...I'd put our 12 best against anyone's 12 best and you can watch as your team gets destroyed by the definition of TEAMWORK....".

This has nothing to do with anything beyond the preposterous challenge made. If ANYONE said this, I would have done the same thing no matter who said it because, preposterous and internets. Not a troll. Not a flame.

I took up that challenge and took it somewhat seriously. To make it worth people's while I added a purse. I've got 27 participants via PMs from around the world plus Renegade saying they want play. I've already sent PMs back saying that Sith Praxium has declined. I will update the OP to reflect this.

I asked for PMs because I knew there would be people that would not want to post or could not post, but would want to compete. It also gave groups the chance to say "hey put down x and y and e and x, we want to come".

This has nothing to do with anything beyond the preposterous challenge made. If ANYONE said this, I would have done the same thing no matter who said it because, preposterous and internets. Not a troll. Not a flame.

The problem here is that your incendiary, self aggrandizing, whiny rant in your "You know what the problem with BC is? Do you really want to know?" post came first. Are you really surprised that when you slag the entire population of a server with insults, someone might come back with a defensive attitude? You still haven't said who you flew as on BC, and when. I'd really like to know, because it would be illuminating to know where your opinions came from.

- Despon

Zaskar there is a very very large difference between these 2 scenarios.

If I say I am the best pilot in the world no one can beat me.

vs

Someone tells me I'm terrible and no one should ever play with me and I respond I'm the best pilot in the world you can't beat me.

If you can't see the difference here, we have found the root of the problem.

Belittling people into them getting defensive and then perhaps over exaggerating is whats going on here.

Should Sith Praxium probably not have said they were the best 12 ever, absolutely. However you caused them to freak out as almost any one of us would. If you had perhaps apologized and said something like "I'm sure your guild isn't as bad as the players that I played with 4 months ago, I just wanted to express that I found that the server in general was very lack luster in skill when I played there. However saying that your 12 players are the best ever is perhaps a bit much right?" Do you think maybe they might have apologized back and everything would be fine?

Anyways just my thoughts on this whole situation, in my eyes you are making yourself look foolish.