Invisible Sniper on WZ

Nillett

So, for me and my friend there was 1 imperial sniper totally invisible. Only his name is visible.

Is this a known bug, cheat or an exploit?

Here is a video

Please check and ban if this is actually intentional and not random.

So, for me and my friend there was 1 imperial sniper totally invisible. Only his name is visible.

Is this a known bug, cheat or an exploit?

Here is a video

Please check and ban if this is actually intentional and not random.

It's a rendering bug, and it's really annoying when it happens to your own character. All you see is your weapon most of the time. If he was really invisible, you wouldn't see the nameplate.

Its a bug related to the Operative's group stealth buff. I myself have been playing a sniper on TEH, and noted this bug several times, always at the beginning of a warzone and being stealthed by an OP. It seems to me that if I stand at the edge of the 'stealth-field' and go in an out of stealth a few times rapidly, or take cover then stand again with the same result, my character may become permanently invisible. About half the time, only my rifle would show, and the other half, all i could see was the stealthed outline of my character. Once or twice, only my weapon remained in stealth mode. These bugs were extremely annoying, and I'm sure infuriating to other players if it wasnt client-side only. So, i suppose this could be exploited, by deliberately causing the bug, but I don't think it is a hack. Also, the bug doesnt prevent others from targeting you. Just from visually seeing you.

Its a bug related to the Operative's group stealth buff. I myself have been playing a sniper on TEH, and noted this bug several times, always at the beginning of a warzone and being stealthed by an OP. It seems to me that if I stand at the edge of the 'stealth-field' and go in an out of stealth a few times rapidly, or take cover then stand again with the same result, my character may become permanently invisible. About half the time, only my rifle would show, and the other half, all i could see was the stealthed outline of my character. Once or twice, only my weapon remained in stealth mode. These bugs were extremely annoying, and I'm sure infuriating to other players if it wasnt client-side only. So, i suppose this could be exploited, by deliberately causing the bug, but I don't think it is a hack. Also, the bug doesnt prevent others from targeting you. Just from visually seeing you.

It's not related to the group stealth, I've had it happen on my guardian while leaping and getting hit with a knockback, and there was no group stealth going on there.

Also in the OP'd video, it would have been impossible for the sniper to even get stealthed since he was clearly in combat and visible before the OP died and respawned. I can't really tell exactly what happened but it looks like he rolled as something hit him and that is what bugged it out. I can clearly see his stack of stealth detection drop right before the OP respawns.

• 2 months later...