The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Class Buffs purchasable with Cartel Coins (or high enough Legacy level/credits).

Loadsamunny

You guys have already made this game technically "pay to win" by forcing players to pay for the right to use Purples. Why not let us buy our class buffs too instead of forcing us to sit and play three other toons we may not even want to play and having to take them into the 40s to complete their Chapter 2s, which could take weeks even with 12x Class Exp?

Just let these things be unlockable without having to play the class, even if they incur a steep CC fee.

Having non-subscribers pay to access Artifact gear is hardly P2W.

Subscribers technically have to pay to access it as well so that argument doesn't hold water.

Class buffs are one of the few things you still actually have to play the game to earn and they should stay that way, especially since they give a stat boost.

Datacrons are another notable example.

I don't support forcing us to play three different classes and having to play them into their high 40s to unlock their buffs. And I'm not in the minority.

Judging by this thread, you are in the minority. If you don't want the buffs yourself, you don't have to play all the classes. If you just want them for leveling, walk up to someone else who has it and get them to toss a buff on you. If you're worrying about having it for endgame, rest assured someone else will have it. It's not that big of a deal anyway. You will be fine without having all the buffs on your account.

Now if you're insisting you need it to be competitive, well then, you have to take the extra steps to get it just like everyone else who has it did. You do not NEED the buffs. If you WANT them, that is a different story and you should accept that you have to work for them, just like everyone else.

Instead of taking time to come here and make a forum post, you could be leveling.

I don't support forcing us to play three different classes and having to play them into their high 40s to unlock their buffs. And I'm not in the minority.

Yes you are actually. And I wholeheartedly do not support this request in any shape or form. You want buffs? Grind them out, like the rest of us.

High forties? Chapter Two (which you need to complete to get the class buff) ends at about 38-41 range. High Thirties to low Forties is more accurate. And with 12x Exp, it gets done pretty quickly.

He's really gonna dislike being "forced" to roll both a republic character and imperial to al least 15(ish) when he comes across the HK quest.

But no, the buffs are a reward for persisting with the game and playing more than one of the storylines and should not be "given" cheaply, what's next stat boosts for datacrons you can't be bothered to collect or from completed companion conversation on storys you don't want to play.

They really won't take too long with the current boost I just have 2 planets on my JK and 3 on my JC for chapter 2 close to finish before next month (if I can get my computer to work that is).

Then you would have hated playing this prior to the legacy system being introduced, when it wasn't even possible to unlock class buffs at all.

You guys have already made this game technically "pay to win" by forcing players to pay for the right to use Purples. Why not let us buy our class buffs too instead of forcing us to sit and play three other toons we may not even want to play and having to take them into the 40s to complete their Chapter 2s, which could take weeks even with 12x Class Exp?

Let me save you even more time and above all, effort, sorry for the dirty word.

I played all classes up to 55's for you. So there, now you do not need to and can go on to the next game.

Another "I don't want to expend the effort to get what I want" thread... yay... pvp relics are best in slot as far as I know, but I don't like pvp, so I won't get them... but you don't see me on the forums going "Waaaaaaaaa I want the relics but I don't want to pvp, give them to me/let me buy them instead!"

If you want something, earn it.

Edited by XiamaraSimi