Couldn't throw Republic side a bone with Corellia Rakghoul?

Transairion

Kind of reminds me of Makeb.

The Republic player is greeted with a trumpet fanfare as they gently land on the shuttle platform after departing the orbital station and are whisked away to a banquet in their honor, followed by a full night's rest before leisurely strolling down the promenade to the taxi point and begin an adventure.

The Imperial player takes a shuttle from the station that crash lands out in the wilderness, miles away from any kind of support facilities and must first repair their communication device to even find out what happened and then slog through eleventy billion (pre-patch) MOBs, including a half dozen or so elites, to run all over the countryside before fighting their way to the command center (filled with more elites) and killing everyone just so they can finally reach the mailbox.

So yeah, the Republic clearly needs a bone.

And then all dailies & GSI quests are on the same mesas as Staged Weekly dailies greately reducing the total of completing all repeatable Basic-comms grind content on the planet. Imperial Section X is at least twice as fast as Republic. Etc etc. 1-time story quests are hardly 'equal'. Repeatable content continuosly favours Imp side and show dev bias Edited by Pietrastor

And then all dailies & GSI quests are on the same mesas as Staged Weekly dailies greately reducing the total of completing all repeatable Basic-comms grind content on the planet. Imperial Section X is at least twice as fast as Republic. Etc etc. 1-time story quests are hardly 'equal'. Repeatable content continuosly favours Imp side and show dev bias

Yep, because nobody ever does TBC more than once. Have to agree about Sec X, however, but, while we're discussing dailies on Makeb, let's look at how complicated they are for the Imps to do, at least the first one. You literally have to run almost the entirety of the mesa to get the two items, and then to the gravity hook. For the Pubs, you get to camp one camp for the weapon crates you're after. After that, you have two that are right by the speeder, one of them involves killing 6 guys and then swapping some labels, and, if nobody is there when you are, you never have to leave the initial platform. Sorry you're feeling all discriminated against, but perception is not reality.

Oh My God! Longest several minutes in your life. Better whine about it in the forums. Cursed rakghouls didn't make their tunnels geometrically equal in distance from empire and republic bases! Curse them all!

Also my computer loads slower than the average rig. Please BW stahp!

Well if you PvP, respawning on another island than where you died is bad.

In general the closest spawn area being nowhere near is bad for a contested objective. Even if you hated Tatoonie's placement as an Imp, it was still "near". Correllia's is the other side of the map and even another part of the map entirely according to the "nearest spawn" release.

Also, Learn2Read, there's speeders to the tunnels there's no Rep Speeder to the very south-east corner of Axial Park next to the Imperial base.

I don't know if I'd say mad, but there's definitely some issue you're having here.

The issue is it's as far as the map allows between spawn areas... which means its right next to one and minutes of driving from the other.

It didn't even take me 12 seconds to reach it from Imp base, took me about 5-7 minutes from Republic base.

In retrospect Tatoonie was 20 seconds from Rep base and 2-3 minutes from Imperial base.

Edited by Transairion

Well if you PvP, respawning on another island than where you died is bad.

In general the closest spawn area being nowhere near is bad for a contested objective. Even if you hated Tatoonie's placement as an Imp, it was still "near". Correllia's is the other side of the map and even another part of the map entirely according to the "nearest spawn" release.

Also, Learn2Read, there's speeders to the tunnels there's no Rep Speeder to the very south-east corner of Axial Park next to the Imperial base.

The issue is it's as far as the map allows between spawn areas... which means its right next to one and minutes of driving from the other.

It didn't even take me 12 seconds to reach it from Imp base, took me about 5-7 minutes from Republic base.

In retrospect Tatoonie was 20 seconds from Rep base and 2-3 minutes from Imperial base.

So you are mad about some travel time then. Understood.

Yep, because nobody ever does TBC more than once. Have to agree about Sec X, however, but, while we're discussing dailies on Makeb, let's look at how complicated they are for the Imps to do, at least the first one. You literally have to run almost the entirety of the mesa to get the two items, and then to the gravity hook. For the Pubs, you get to camp one camp for the weapon crates you're after. After that, you have two that are right by the speeder, one of them involves killing 6 guys and then swapping some labels, and, if nobody is there when you are, you never have to leave the initial platform. Sorry you're feeling all discriminated against, but perception is not reality.

Don't forget that at the end of every single Pub Makeb story quest, there's a shuttle that takes you right where you need to go next. Imps have to run all the way back out of the area or blow the quicktravel.

Don't forget that at the end of every single Pub Makeb story quest, there's a shuttle that takes you right where you need to go next. Imps have to run all the way back out of the area or blow the quicktravel.

Yeah, I was saving that for the next round of "but the Imps got it easy".

Am I missing something?

I went to the event yesterday as a Pub... had to travel a little to the mission site, then just took the speeder to the tunnels... I didn't see the issue at all...

I am not understanding the OP's complaint?

Sort of...

The complaint is multi-faceted and kind of confusing.

A. The pub base is a longer distance from The Spike compared to the Imp base.

B. The world boss is "basically" adjacent to the Imp base while Pub side has to study the map to figure out which paths are real paths through buildings and how to actually get from the tram to the WB.

C. If a Pub dies at the WB, either through PvP or death by WB, the closest respawn place if he/she releases is on a completely different section of the map, making the return trip to the WB even longer. Which, the OP suggests, gives Imps a huge OWPvP advantage, as their base is a stone's throw from the WB.

I don't think it's something worth posting about, and not comparing who has it better. But it did feel like it took entirely too long to get from the Pub base to The Spike, and if I have to move the character(s) I have parked in the caverns, I know I'm going to complain to myself how long the drive back to the Spike is.

But it's just a game and I'm impatient. I'll get over it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.