Help with Makeb hover tank mission.... Please

Artimities

Not sure why, they are almost too easy, make sure you use the satellite GSI buff that you click that enhances your health and stats to lvl 156 gear for your time on Makeb if you go there undergeared

Edited by x_Boots_x

Are they stunnable? Using defensive cooldowns? Interrupts? use tank companion to take some of the damage? Using the GSI terminal buff thing?

If none of that works, your rotation could use some work, good luck!

Not sure why, they are almost too easy, make sure you use the satellite GSI buff that you click that enhances your health and stats to lvl 156 gear for your time on Makeb if you go there undergeared

Yeah I did that... But can't get them down for anything. Got the buff, but still having issues. Is there an item that makes them weak.

Yeah I did that... But can't get them down for anything. Got the buff, but still having issues. Is there an item that makes them weak.

If you could post your class/spec/rotation/etc we could probably give you some pointers.

Or check the class forums for an optimal rotation.

Nope, just standard stuff, are you ranged or melee?, cause there can be issues targeting them if you're melee if you don't leap on top of them to fight, they will knock you back once during the fight so leap back if you are indeed melee class, otherwise pop a heroic moment, send your companion in 1st, if all else fails just ask for help theres always a bunch of others around that mission.

What level are you?

The only way I could see this being a problem is if you are seriously underleveled for makeb.

Be careful that you are only fighting the tank and not a wandering strong as well.

because I've gone through that mission a couple times now with no issues at all.

the mission that comes after, and the archon, now those were tougher, as they had a trick to them.

I had issues with those before the buff.

Haven't had any problems since the GSI buff appeared.

I can't even give decent tactics, I just stand there and hit them, they don't do anywhere near enough damage to be a problem with the GSI buff thing.

Biggest issue in melee is the electricity aura thing that does quite a bit of damage.

Here is my hypothesis:

Player heads to hovertanks with makeb bolster

For whatever reason ( probably interrupting poorly and getting knocked off the mob and things derail from there)

Player dies

Player gets a medical revive; makeb bolster not applicable after a death; player dies faster

"OMgWtf" -------------->forumz

Here is my hypothesis:

Player heads to hovertanks with makeb bolster

For whatever reason ( probably interrupting poorly and getting knocked off the mob and things derail from there)

Player dies

Player gets a medical revive; makeb bolster not applicable after a death; player dies faster

"OMgWtf" -------------->forumz

I'd second this as a likely scenario.

To answer the OP's question - the tanks are not particularly dangerous as far as Elites go. While you can *always* ask for help from friends or guildies, I would encourage you to challenge yourself to see these as a benchmark. Bolstered, you should be able to kill a solo Elite with a minimum of trouble. If you can't, you should review your rotation and ability use.

This might sound like a complex way of saying "git gud", and it sort of is. If you have not developed the skills necessary to kill a single Elite mob before it kills you, you likely do not have the skills to contribute meaningfully to a Flashpoint. Yes, you'll have a tank there for you, but DPS is a job too, and that job is to have a well-practiced damage rotation. Use this challenge as a learning opportunity! You'll be very happy with the results when you're soloin' like a fool with the rest of us. Or separately from the rest of us, I guess.

So I have been trying to complete the world aflame mission where I have to take out 3 hover tanks on makes. They are gold level 52. Is there a trick to it? I can't beat them.

Assuming your gear is at least blue 50's you should be able to do it. A trick I use, is to jump on the tanks, and crawl right under the turret cover and kill it from inside. It'll throw you off at one point, but all you need do, is scamper back up and keep swatting at it, til it crunches.

Assuming your gear is at least blue 50's you should be able to do it. A trick I use, is to jump on the tanks, and crawl right under the turret cover and kill it from inside. It'll throw you off at one point, but all you need do, is scamper back up and keep swatting at it, til it crunches.

I think my problem is that I am not getting back on the tank quick enough and I am getting defence droids hitting on me as well. I am melee so it makes it a bit tougher probably. Tonight I will give it a proper chance and see what happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.