Sith Inquisitor: Help Choosing AC and Specialization based on Story

Sposchel

I just restarted playing the game after about 2 years off and am really excited about it, mostly the feel of the environment and the stories. I've rolled a new character, a Sith Inquisitor, and now she's sitting in the fleet at level 12 getting drinks with Khem Val, telling him how she's not sure how she wants her training to progress. Of course, he's not very helpful; the drunker he get's the louder he cries for slaughter, but that's it...

So I thought I'd ask on the forums. I'm not that worried about how difficult anything will be to play, I just want the story to fit right in my head.

Currently I'm leaning towards Sorcerer, and here's why:

1. Osei is a very small (body type 1) female, and I feel like she would enjoy the feeling of dominance crushing her enemies from afar.

2. Her experiences on Korriban have seemed to indicate that the quest for relics and knowledge are the path to the highest power, which she seeks as she tries to get as far away from slavedom as possible.

3. She takes Lord Zash as a role model, seeing in her one of the only authority figures who has not only treated her with dignity, but with respect, and thus thinks she might want to follow in her footsteps.

4. I've read it just makes more sense with the storyline.

On the other hand, points towards being an Assassin:

1. She's a Zabrak slave: very self-confident, martially capable, has completed the Selenoren, and enjoys a fight... even if her body (due to malnourishment in the slave pens) isn't quite suited for it.

2. The use of a double-bladed lightsaber seems appropriate given the Zabrak use of the two bladed Zhaboka.

Would I be right in thinking Sorcerer seems more appropriate to this character? And if so, would Lightning or Madness be the better spec? Both seem great for a former slave who wants to never feel powerless again, but Madness seems like it might go along with the search for arcane knowledge better...

Any thoughts would be well appreciated.

I just restarted playing the game after about 2 years off and am really excited about it, mostly the feel of the environment and the stories. I've rolled a new character, a Sith Inquisitor, and now she's sitting in the fleet at level 12 getting drinks with Khem Val, telling him how she's not sure how she wants her training to progress. Of course, he's not very helpful; the drunker he get's the louder he cries for slaughter, but that's it...

So I thought I'd ask on the forums. I'm not that worried about how difficult anything will be to play, I just want the story to fit right in my head.

Currently I'm leaning towards Sorcerer, and here's why:

1. Osei is a very small (body type 1) female, and I feel like she would enjoy the feeling of dominance crushing her enemies from afar.

2. Her experiences on Korriban have seemed to indicate that the quest for relics and knowledge are the path to the highest power, which she seeks as she tries to get as far away from slavedom as possible.

3. She takes Lord Zash as a role model, seeing in her one of the only authority figures who has not only treated her with dignity, but with respect, and thus thinks she might want to follow in her footsteps.

4. I've read it just makes more sense with the storyline.

On the other hand, points towards being an Assassin:

1. She's a Zabrak slave: very self-confident, martially capable, has completed the Selenoren, and enjoys a fight... even if her body (due to malnourishment in the slave pens) isn't quite suited for it.

2. The use of a double-bladed lightsaber seems appropriate given the Zabrak use of the two bladed Zhaboka.

Would I be right in thinking Sorcerer seems more appropriate to this character? And if so, would Lightning or Madness be the better spec? Both seem great for a former slave who wants to never feel powerless again, but Madness seems like it might go along with the search for arcane knowledge better...

Any thoughts would be well appreciated.

It seems like Sorcerer would fit your character better (and it fits the story better, like you said before). As for which spec, I'd suggest Madness for you. Like you said, it fits the arcane knowledge/magic feeling better (imo).

And even if it doesn't, you could always respec to Lightning for free on the Imperial/Republic fleet (subs can respec their skill tree talents as many times as they want, without any cost). ;)

Personally, I find that with both Inquisitors and Consulars the AC that makes the most sense are the long-ranged Force-using ones as opposed to using double-bladed Lightsabers for melee combat. Both the Inquisitor and the Consular are usually depicted as studious beings who search for and master ancient secrets of the Force and devote themselves to learning. Maybe it is my limited imagination, but I can't quite see this happening with a Shadow / an Assassin, since they are more combat-oriented.

The Sorcerer and the Sage on the other hand are completely focused on mastering the Force and that is what they are aiming for for most of their respective stories, the Inquisitor even more so than the Consular.

I have leveled both and I don't feel that the story given to us by Bioware prefers one above the other. Personally I prefer ranged, but I have also come to enjoy stealth during 12x XP. So go with whatever you feel suits you the best.

^This. Think of the Assassin and Shadow as being like Tomb Raider and it all makes sense!