mod gear(orange) whats the point of greens and blues?

SuperomegaOP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true that any orange you find can be upgraded indefinately with mods to compare with "level" gear, how does base damage work on say an orange lightsaber?

There is no mod that adds to base damage that I know of.

Well for guns, the barrel mod adds damage.

So here is a question, doesn't this system make synthweaving and armor crafting completely useless apart from looks? Since everything is based apon mods...

Kinda...yeah. If you can get a lot of orange gear and have cybertech, you don't really need other gear.

Edited by Chomag

But don't you need the items that allow you to mod?

Say you have an orange item that looks good, but pick up a blue item that's awesome but doesn't look as good. But you want the orange item for it's wardrobe value, so you want to upgrade the orange so it will be as goodas the blue. Can you do that automatically by somehow disassembling the blue? Or do you have to wait to get items (crystals, parts, ect) to do that?

no... only orange gear has mod slots (some blue/purple have a single augmentation slot but thats another deal)... so no if you want that orange to be as good as that blue you found you need to either loot, buy, craft or find another orange with the mod and remove them then put them in the orange you want... other items may be reverse engineered for crafting mats (if you have the right skill and lvl) but thats it they contain no mods

no... only orange gear has mod slots (some blue/purple have a single augmentation slot but thats another deal)... so no if you want that orange to be as good as that blue you found you need to either loot, buy, craft or find another orange with the mod and remove them then put them in the orange you want... other items may be reverse engineered for crafting mats (if you have the right skill and lvl) but thats it they contain no mods

Thanks. One more question. In order to mod your stuff, do you need a certain crafting skill? Or can anyone do it?

Thanks. One more question. In order to mod your stuff, do you need a certain crafting skill? Or can anyone do it?

Mods work like the gems from WoW. You don't need any skill to apply them to your gear and you can do it from anywhere not just from a workbench.

as long as you are the same or higher lvl than the lvl restriction on the mod anyone can put it in regardless of skill... you can remove them no matter their lvl... i.e if you are lvl 20 you can remove a lvl 30 mod from a weapon but wouldn't be able to put it in another one till you are lvl 30

Edited by Liquidacid

I <3 mod system. I have had the same consistent look for well over 13 levels now and have kept my Black Talon top since level 10 when I got it. I am level 30 now and have the top and bottom robe I want. All I need is some moddable shoes and gloves I like that are perfect for me and my endgame life is complete.

I just spend all my commendations I get on mods from the vendors to keep my armor on par (and in most cases superior) with the armor I pick up.

Same with my lightsaber. Picked up that stygian harbinger lightsaber on Dromund Kaas with my commendations and have upgraded it ever since. I just need to find a red crystal that is better than the preorder crystal and is not restricted to the light side and I will have my perfect look all prepped up.

This system makes me happy. ^-^

Same with my lightsaber. Picked up that stygian harbinger lightsaber on Dromund Kaas with my commendations and have upgraded it ever since. I just need to find a red crystal that is better than the preorder crystal and is not restricted to the light side and I will have my perfect look all prepped up.

no red crystals are restricted to the light side... in fact they are forbidden to LS 1 and up... lol

Edited by Liquidacid

I <3 mod system. I have had the same consistent look for well over 13 levels now and have kept my Black Talon top since level 10 when I got it. I am level 30 now and have the top and bottom robe I want. All I need is some moddable shoes and gloves I like that are perfect for me and my endgame life is complete.

I just spend all my commendations I get on mods from the vendors to keep my armor on par (and in most cases superior) with the armor I pick up.

This system makes me happy. ^-^

Red crystals are restricted FROM the light side, not to. Read them again, it says cannot use if light 1 or above. If you meant a red crystal that you can use as light side, i'm afraid there aren't any. Perhaps orange? :p

I also am wearing the black talon robe and the matching bottom, looks great :D

Edited by DragnHntr

I'm wearing the republic dancers set from the security vendor as a JK... tanking in a Bikini FTW!!!!!!

check it out

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/LiquidAcid23/Screenshot_2011-12-24_19_01_32_594714.jpg

That is much better then your forum avater wearing it, which is what I first pictured ;)

It's too bad that skimpy stuff like that breaks in the dressing room. Can't really tell what its gonna look like.

Aren't some orange pieces better than others? I'm sure at end game you can't really wear a level 10 orange chest piece for example.

Doesn't the amount of mods you can put in once piece change? For example a lvl 10 piece may only have 2 mods maximum. Whereas a level 50 piece has 4 mods maximum?

Confirm/Deny?

Aren't some orange pieces better than others? I'm sure at end game you can't really wear a level 10 orange chest piece for example.

Doesn't the amount of mods you can put in once piece change? For example a lvl 10 piece may only have 2 mods maximum. Whereas a level 50 piece has 4 mods maximum?

Confirm/Deny?

Nope. Orange gear is defined by the mods in it. An empty orange item = 0, nothing.

Bit of a nooby question here, I know, but what's the deal with armour ratings on orange gear? I've got a really nice chest piece I'd like to keep but because I found it on Dromund Kaas it's a low level, around 150 for armour. If I mod it, will my armour rating increase because at the moment I'm having to wear a horrible looking effort because it's armour rating is double that of my orange? I'm spending a lot of time and monies on crafting so I can make the best available mods but will it, in the end, have an effect on armour rating, or am I going to have an orange piece with ridiculously high strength and endurance but it's armour rating still stuck at 150ish?

Bit of a nooby question here, I know, but what's the deal with armour ratings on orange gear? I've got a really nice chest piece I'd like to keep but because I found it on Dromund Kaas it's a low level, around 150 for armour. If I mod it, will my armour rating increase because at the moment I'm having to wear a horrible looking effort because it's armour rating is double that of my orange? I'm spending a lot of time and monies on crafting so I can make the best available mods but will it, in the end, have an effect on armour rating, or am I going to have an orange piece with ridiculously high strength and endurance but it's armour rating still stuck at 150ish?

The Armor mod on moddable gear determines the armor rating. Much like the hilt or barrel of weapons determines the damage.

If you look at armoring mods they have the armor rating attached. If you strip an orange item, you will see it's base states. I've compared the first orange armor piece stripped to the one I got on Alderaan stripped and they where the same base states. So as long as it is the right armor, heavy/medium/light, their base stats will be the same with no mods. But light armor will never have the same armor value as heavy with the same mods, so sadly all that pretty social stuff is only viable game play gear for light armor users.

The other thing to consider is the rarity of your mods, a level 30 blue mod is going to have stats like level 30 blue armor, orange armor with all green mods will be equal to to level equivalent green armor, you need to use blue and purple mods to stay equivalent. This is what balances out orange armors and rare crafted armors. Also keeping orange armor up to date without a crafting buddy can be very expensive and hard. Not a lot of good mods on the trade at this point.

I will admit I think some purple armors have better stats then orange armor with purple mods, but I've not tested this or looked at a database.

Nope. Orange gear is defined by the mods in it. An empty orange item = 0, nothing.

Sorry I should re-word my post...

I'm asking if there are more mod slots in the higher level orange gear.

EX1) Level 10 orange robe has 2 possible gem slots.

EX2) Level 50 orange robe has 4 possible gem slots.

Edited by Neuromann

That is much better then your forum avater wearing it, which is what I first pictured ;)

It's too bad that skimpy stuff like that breaks in the dressing room. Can't really tell what its gonna look like.

oh if that armor wasn't restricted to females I'd be rocking it in a body type 4 male... you can bet money on that :D

Sorry I should re-word my post...

I'm asking if there are more mod slots in the higher level orange gear.

EX1) Level 10 orange robe has 2 possible gem slots.

EX2) Level 50 orange robe has 4 possible gem slots.

Ah, no. All orange gear has the same amount of slots.