Commando vs. Sage - Leveling/Dailies/Dungeons

CLASSlFlED

Hey guys, me again with yet another question!

Got my Knight to 55 finally, and after knocking out dailies and such on him, i want to focus on leveling another class to 55 to mainly knock out dailies, and solo as much content as possible.

I'm looking at the sage and commando as they both offering healing roles (should i wish to heal) and the scoundrel is out because i just simply don't like that style of play.

But i know nothing about these 2 classes, I don't know which one would fill what i'm after more, hence why I'm here. :-)

From what i've gathered from googling (which, most of the answers were out of date, so i'm unsure if this is still true).

The sage is the better Solo'er and has more AoE capabilities, but i just wanted to get some confirmations from more informed players before i invest time into a class.

Basically, I'm going to want to solo dailies as fast as possible, and solo the hardest content possible (with the gear of course). :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by CLASSlFlED

I would go with the Sage, but then I'm predisposed to the Sage as it was my first character in the game and most of my time on the Commando was during 12x XP, where my playstyle was quite different because of the speed with which I was leveling.

And though it has been quite some time sine I played a Sage healer, from my look at the skill trees I would say that you are correct. I don't know how that will change with 3.0, but that seems to be beyond the scope of your question anyway.

As of 2.10, the Sage indeed has the best AoE-Skill Tree of the two classes (Telekinetics). If you want to rush through Content the Sage may fit you. But it's still personal preference. If you like that big gun there's nothing wrong with the Commando.

Both classes geht different companions who fight by your side while doing solo PvE-content. The best Healing/Tank-companion is purchable by all classes though (Treek).

As healers, both classes are viable for soloing PvE-content. Keep in mind that there is a big update (3.0) coming soon and we don't know how this will affect class design. Though the developers mentioned that noone needs to learn his/her class again. So they will not change that lot probably.

I've been playing commando as main on rep and sorc as main on imp. (also have merc and sage too ofc)

For soloing both classes are quite viable. Commando uses heavy armor and sorc can kite better and play bubble bobble. I would like to point out that soloing content is pretty doable with any class.

It's more about gear, knowing ur class and knowing content/mechanics. The gap between possible and unpossible solo content is wide enough that skilled player wouldn't have a chance to fit in with multiple classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.