My Jedi sentinel needs hep, any advise

Unruh

I am a level 34 PvE Jedi sentinel on Alderan and i am getting creamed by opponents that are a lower level than i am in my class missions, not to mention side quests, any suggestions?

Do some flashpoints get some planetary comms and get better mods and put them in moddable gear. If not use the greens given from quests they will bring you up to a decent gear level.

Carnage blows until you can drop full points into it.

Respec watchman, use Doc, and you should be fine. If you're still using Kira (I forget if you get Doc before or after Alderaan), then you'll have to micro manage her a little bit by sending her in first, or having her tank a strong mob on a pull until you can kill the regular ones.

Always mow down the "Weak" mobs first.

Always kill healer mobs after the weak ones (Medics, seers, etc.)

Buy medpacks + Might or Endurance Stims, they help immensely, and the credits are well spent there.

Doc isn't available on Alderaan, that companion comes from Balmorra. But people are right, either go Watchman or Focus (I recommend Watchman however, as i prefer a 1v1 fight. Focus is mainly based on AoE damage), and you'll be fine. Combat is a real pain to maintain at your current level, as it requires full attention, and doesn't forgive any type of mistake.

Tips :

If you use T7 as a companion, remember to always send him first, so he can get the "alpha strike" away from you, then charge in. If you use Kira, make sure to "balance" the aggro taken between you and her. I usually send her on the most isolated enemy from the group i attack, take care of the rest myself, then help her finish the job. When it comes to elites, always send your companion in first, then wait for a second or two, and then charge in.

However, when you get Doc, things will dramatically change, and you won't have to worry about your health any longer. Also remember that Pacify and Rebuke are your best friends as a Sentinel.

Use rebuke at the start of every pull. Use pacifiy on silver or gold enemies that use ranged or melee attacks. Vanish if you get low, let your companion soak up some damage. Only use force scream when you have the autocrit buff. use master strike with precision slash on cooldown. Make sure that you have Kira's blade ward enabled (right click the little green box). Do all that and you will be fine.