Resume of sugestions

Tune

As the new expancion comes closer, we all wonder what changes/improvements will come into the game.

This is a "short" list of sugestions i posted around 6 months ago, and for obvious reasons i chosed the more simple to put in game, hoping that there is still time.

2 - New playable species, and my votes would be for one popular among the comunity, like Togruta, Rodian, Nautolan or Devaronian. Actualy, we should get 2 new species, and remove cyborg as specie, and then allow all species to have implants. Players with a cyborg char, would be allowed to change to any other for free.

If is true that we are getting the Togruta in few months, then maybe we are on the right path.

3 - Looking For Group (LFG) chat channel avaiable in every planet.

4 - The interface editor need improvements, and i guess there are plenty posts about it, so you know what to do. For me, what i really want, is to be able to make the hp/energy bars shorter and larger at same time, without changing the scale. Coz now, if i want to be able to read the numbers (hp %, etc), i need to increase the scale, and then the bars will be too long. I have them at 0.85, and that is still longer then i wanted, but the numbers are still too small. Also miss the target of target target.

For a better idea, check the WoW addons Bartender4 for action bars, and x-perl unit frames.

5 - We also need a “recount” type addon, or damage/dps/healing/dispeling meter, with all details of the dmg and healing done by each ability used, the number and % of crits, how many times we used each ability, etc Plus, a threat meter would be nice.

9 - Pets and Mounts need to be legacy wide.

10 - Some quests, like the advance class quest that we have to get once we enter the fleet, and the planet story that we get once we go the first time to a planet, should come to us by that holo thing, that sometimes rings. Too many ppl missing the advance class mission, so this way, once they enter the fleet for the first time, the mission would go to them, like in area missions. So no one would miss it again. Maybe do the same for flashpoints and operations missions, and Oricon, seeker droid and macrobinoculares missions, once we reach the required lvl.

11 - Give us a tool to save specs. Gets boring, when respecing, to click all those abilites again and again, so let us save 2 or 3 specs. And players could buy more slots in cartel market.

12 - Equipment manager. Everytime i respec tank/dps, i have to change all the pieces, 1 by 1, so why not a tool to save ours gear sets, so we only need to click once to change the entire set.

13 – Legacy friends list, so we know when our friends are online, no matter what char they playing.

16 - New companion droid, avaiable in-game with some quest, and would be like R2-D2, an utility droid, that wouldnt help us in combat, but instead we would use it for information. This droid would show us, on any planet/map, where specific vendors are, class trainers, missions terminals, ops entrances, work table, crew skill trainers, taxi points, quick travel points, spaceport, cantinas, etc, etc. For older players, this may not look very important, but there are plenty new players that could use this kind of help.

I support all these suggestions except one. There is NO need for any addons at all. They're are very reliable 3rd party combat parsers, such ad Torparse and Parsec. Both of which have in game overlays and montior dps/heals and threat. So yeah no need for recount. Hated that in WoW by the way.

Custom channels can be made.

10 - Some quests, like the advance class quest that we have to get once we enter the fleet, and the planet story that we get once we go the first time to a planet, should come to us by that holo thing, that sometimes rings. Too many ppl missing the advance class mission, so this way, once they enter the fleet for the first time, the mission would go to them, like in area missions. So no one would miss it again. Maybe do the same for flashpoints and operations missions, and Oricon, seeker droid and macrobinoculares missions, once we reach the required lvl.

11 - Give us a tool to save specs. Gets boring, when respecing, to click all those abilites again and again, so let us save 2 or 3 specs. And players could buy more slots in cartel market.

Check out the new disciplines system, it makes changes that address this.

12 - Equipment manager. Everytime i respec tank/dps, i have to change all the pieces, 1 by 1, so why not a tool to save ours gear sets, so we only need to click once to change the entire set.

Supposedly this might be in the works already. At the very least it would be convenient, albeit not very necessary... 7 quick clicks is nothing.

13 – Legacy friends list, so we know when our friends are online, no matter what char they playing.

Disagree with this one because, quite frankly... some people may just want to be left alone. Yes, even by their friends.

Disagree with this one because, quite frankly... some people may just want to be left alone. Yes, even by their friends.

I agree with you on that one. I would personally enjoy (far more) an "Add character to Legacy Friend List" so that whatever alt I am playing on, I can see if that particular character is playing. Even cross-faction.

I support all these suggestions except one. There is NO need for any addons at all. They're are very reliable 3rd party combat parsers, such ad Torparse and Parsec. Both of which have in game overlays and montior dps/heals and threat. So yeah no need for recount. Hated that in WoW by the way.

Doesnt need to be addons, just give us the windows with that info as part of the interface, like the rest.

No one is forced to add friends to legacy friends list. Also, maybe an option to "appear offline" or "afk" could be made, like we can do on skype.

There is one thing i forgot to put in that list.

I would like if the diferent types of quests (class, planet story, world quests, heroics, dailys, fp's, ops, etc) would have diferent icons or colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Just remembered 2 more things:

It sucks to find grade 6 gather resources in endgame areas like oricon and cz-198. I understand that the starting areas of Makeb would have it, but the lvl55 areas should only have grade 9.

Hope the same wont happend in next expancion.

Also, using gather skills like scavenging and bioanalisys on bosses, should grant wealthy loot. The same way an elite moob should grant more then a strong, and a champion more then elite, etc. But bosses should really give alot more.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as it doesn't get abused - preferably it announces to all in the channel what you have just queued up for (and your role) then others can see that you just queued up and they can decide to join in - thus expanding a bit on the group finder ;)

IE. a read only channel for players, but each time someone qeueues up for something the system announces it.

4 - The interface editor need improvements, and i guess there are plenty posts about it, so you know what to do. For me, what i really want, is to be able to make the hp/energy bars shorter and larger at same time, without changing the scale. Coz now, if i want to be able to read the numbers (hp %, etc), i need to increase the scale, and then the bars will be too long. I have them at 0.85, and that is still longer then i wanted, but the numbers are still too small. Also miss the target of target target.

For a better idea, check the WoW addons Bartender4 for action bars, and x-perl unit frames.

Yeah a bit more work on that would be nice.

5 - We also need a “recount” type addon, or damage/dps/healing/dispeling meter, with all details of the dmg and healing done by each ability used, the number and % of crits, how many times we used each ability, etc Plus, a threat meter would be nice.

Indeed a good idea for something builtin - instead of having to turn to 3rd party apps (and having to go fiddle in the txt files).

Like the holo comm - that could be useful, so you get a more obvious reminder that a new quest has been added.

Love the idea

That would be very useful - preferably the ability to swap out from a special container, so it doesn't have to take up inventory space.

Add legacy friend - to be honest I would only allow a few of my IRL friends to do that.

However add (specific) char to legacy friend list that would be useful.

16 - New companion droid, avaiable in-game with some quest, and would be like R2-D2, an utility droid, that wouldnt help us in combat, but instead we would use it for information. This droid would show us, on any planet/map, where specific vendors are, class trainers, missions terminals, ops entrances, work table, crew skill trainers, taxi points, quick travel points, spaceport, cantinas, etc, etc. For older players, this may not look very important, but there are plenty new players that could use this kind of help.

They could make it part of the tutorial - look for these icons on your map.

Cheers

Juzz

As long as it doesn't get abused - preferably it announces to all in the channel what you have just queued up for (and your role) then others can see that you just queued up and they can decide to join in - thus expanding a bit on the group finder ;)

IE. a read only channel for players, but each time someone qeueues up for something the system announces it.

Juzz

Like any other channel, you can always disable it. But the main goal of this, is to allow players that are looking for ops, to not be forced to stand in the fleet, so they can be in any other planet, doing something useful, and still be able to join grps beeing formed. Atm, if you want to find grp for ops, you are forced to be in the fleet.

So, i was thinking, how many times you enter some house, see some nice chair or table, or even a statue, too bad you cant pick it and take to your sh, right?

So, create a serie of new decor items, that can be found and picked in open world, like lore items, but since we may want more then one from each, create several spots where the items can respawn, like with the rakata cubes in Belsavis.

Each planet would have his own style of decor items, and maybe one special decor item from the achievement from getting all of this new collection.

I agree with you on that one. I would personally enjoy (far more) an "Add character to Legacy Friend List" so that whatever alt I am playing on, I can see if that particular character is playing. Even cross-faction.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

I'd pay 2 for a Legacy to Legacy /ignore.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, guess my ideas suck, even the ones that are very easy to put in-game, since we only got 1 from all that i posted here...

Just remembered 2 more things:

It sucks to find grade 6 gather resources in endgame areas like oricon and cz-198. I understand that the starting areas of Makeb would have it, but the lvl55 areas should only have grade 9.

Hope the same wont happend in next expancion.

I consider my sugestions as improvements, some easy, some more important then others, but still, i think they all would increase the overall quality of the game.

If we get 1 per expancion, it will take a while...

Besides the disciplines (that i dont like), and some new abilities, what else we got new or improved?

New playable species, and my votes would be for one popular among the comunity, like Togruta, Rodian, Nautolan or Devaronian.

+1

Looking For Group (LFG) chat channel avaiable in every planet.

+1

The interface editor need improvements, and i guess there are plenty posts about it, so you know what to do.

I have no particular objections to this, but I don't really have problems with the UI at this time. With the exception of the crafting interface. WTB Default Sort by Item Level Instead of Rating.

5 - We also need a “recount” type addon, or damage/dps/healing/dispeling meter

Meh. Parsec does everything I need. Plus, it's an opt-in sort of thing.

Pets and Mounts need to be legacy wide.

Don't need this personally. But that's mainly due to the fact that each toon of mine (and I have a lot of them) has their own unique look. This includes the speeder and pets.

Some quests, like the advance class quest that we have to get once we enter the fleet, and the planet story that we get once we go the first time to a planet, should come to us by that holo thing, that sometimes rings.

+1

Why doesn't General Garza like a holocom?!? Is it too newfangled for her?

Give us a tool to save specs. ... Equipment manager.

Sure, sounds good.

Legacy friends list, so we know when our friends are online, no matter what char they playing.

ONLY IF I'M ALLOWED TO "OPT OUT" OF IT. I don't want a stalker following me around.

New companion droid, avaiable in-game with some quest, and would be like R2-D2, an utility droid, that wouldnt help us in combat, but instead we would use it for information.

Sure, why not.

Edited by Khevar