The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

looking for advice regarding tactics spec in PVP

MycroftMacarthur

so, time was i used to enter PVP matches and i'd basically be unstoppable in certain cases, i would just come up to enemies, do my usual rotations and they'd go down super fast or i'd be making a large enough contribution to the team that even if i wasnt top dps it didnt matter, win some, lose some, repeat.

lately that hasnt been the case though and im not sure what to do here, i COULD ***** about it but i figured it would be more productive to ask for advice instead.

so ill go into a match and ill run across this sith guy who has this giant purple shield, he doesnt take damage from *********** ANYTHING when he pops this but he cant attack either so i figure ill just ignore him and focus someone else until that weird purple barrier drops, so i go back to fighting him and then he pops yet ANOTHER purple shield thingy, except this time he can actually attack me and like before, he takes damage from *********** NOTHING same as before, we have like six guys wailing on this ******e and he still doesnt go down, half the time they can pop these things at like 1 hitpoint and boom, they can no longer be killed and three seconds later they return at max hits, meanwhile all the stims and crap i've been using the entire fight ill have to buy or otherwise acquire again.

for awhile that was alright because again, just focus on someone else like the imperial agents or the bounty hunters who dont have this crap except apparently the guys who can pop the purple shield thingies can do it to their ENTIRE *********** TEAM, i guess it'd be fine if republic had an equivalent but on my server, if we DO have one, they never EVER use it (i play on ebon hawk if that matters), every really rare now and then i get one and i still take damage through it, i figure thats cool though because if i stack it with my warzone adrenals and if need be, my reactive shield, ill basically be unkillable until they wear off.

well you cant do NOTHING so ill still try to fight them, on some maps like voidstar, coast or alderaan all you truly need to do is annoy them anyways so you can still win through epic teamwork but all that really seems to do is buy us time before the imps inevitably win.

for awhile i thought the problem was gear based, if i improve my gear it will make the difference, so i got the full obroans combat tech set but all that really seemed to do was make me better at killing the dudes i could already handle, if theres even one of these sith guys who can pop the purple shield things the imps automatically win, so then i figured i was missing something so i began checking for other things i could do, a friend told me i needed to get augments so i augmented every single piece of gear i have with the best stuff i could find which was purple advanced reflex mod 28's and i put one in every single piece.

but same story, the guys i could already handle became REALLY easy to handle and if the imps had one of these guys who could bring on the purple shield things it was game over, if they had more then one then it became this horribly one sided slaughter, back when it was just a few i didnt mind but lately it feels like they've combined these guys with the purple shields with craptons of healing which our side never seems to have and before the gate has even opened we've already lost, we cant kill their healers because they're also covered in the purple shield thingies, every other class shield i can at least damage, the damage is reduced but at least its there.

what am i doing wrong here? for the most part the abilities i do use are working pretty well when they actually effect the enemy but lately that has only been SOME of the time, if it was just one guy, again i could focus on someone else until it wears off but they're applying this buff to their entire team, i've tried to freeze them with cryo grenade and neural pulse but even then they're still immune to damage of all shapes and forms, ebon hawk is an rp server so maybe the rest of our team could just suck (republic DOES lose a **** ton of matches on average there) but if im dropping the ball i need to find ways to improve, i've tried to get the brutalizer combat tech set but you only get like one ranked match a day so the only way to get ranked comms is to trade in regular comms (which takes forever) and even then the difference between obroans and brutalizer is so tiny that it hardly seems like there is a difference at all until you have the full set.

if need be i can get screenshots of my stats and the like but any kind of advice would be good, im using the talent build recommended by THIS guide http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/trooper/vanguard/tactics/talent-build

i would have used that sites recommended item modifications but i never understood what it was trying to tell me beyond telling me i should get obroans and max out my expertise (it currently sits at 2018)

what am i doing wrong here? for the most part the abilities i do use are working pretty well when they actually effect the enemy but lately that has only been SOME of the time, if it was just one guy, again i could focus on someone else until it wears off but they're applying this buff to their entire team, i've tried to freeze them with cryo grenade and neural pulse but even then they're still immune to damage of all shapes and forms,

lol...

They are immune for 10s every 3m. After that can be stunned.

- You are not using harpoon.

- You are not using htl to get closer.

Edited by Aetideus

so ill go into a match and ill run across this sith guy who has this giant purple shield, he doesnt take damage from *********** ANYTHING when he pops this but he cant attack either so i figure ill just ignore him and focus someone else until that weird purple barrier drops, so i go back to fighting him

Up to here it is good.... Good reaction.. But the writing is too sensationalism..

and then he pops yet ANOTHER purple shield thingy, except this time he can actually attack me and like before, he takes damage from *********** NOTHING same as before, we have like six guys wailing on this ******e and he still doesnt go down, half the time they can pop these things at like 1 hitpoint and boom, they can no longer be killed and three seconds later they return at max hits, meanwhile all the stims and crap i've been using the entire fight ill have to buy or otherwise acquire again.

That's called H2F.. Sorc can between UP and Medpack heal for about 50%. But your 1 to full is impossible if they aren't casting.... The shiny purple thing is just an absorb shield for about 5-6k.. Just burn through it.. It just a fricking heal.... Do you get mad at IA poping they Shield Probe???? This is exactly the same.

for awhile that was alright because again, just focus on someone else like the imperial agents or the bounty hunters who dont have this crap except apparently the guys who can pop the purple shield thingies can do it to their ENTIRE *********** TEAM, i guess it'd be fine if republic had an equivalent but on my server, if we DO have one, they never EVER use it (i play on ebon hawk if that matters), every really rare now and then i get one and i still take damage through it, i figure thats cool though because if i stack it with my warzone adrenals and if need be, my reactive shield, ill basically be unkillable until they wear off.

So much mistake here.. Static Barrier/Force Armor is a fricking heal. It add an absorb shield which will be consumed before you get any damage. SO poping any DCD during it is just a waste. No damage go through an absorb shield until it is depleted.

well you cant do NOTHING so ill still try to fight them, on some maps like voidstar, coast or alderaan all you truly need to do is annoy them anyways so you can still win through epic teamwork but all that really seems to do is buy us time before the imps inevitably win.

for awhile i thought the problem was gear based, if i improve my gear it will make the difference, so i got the full obroans combat tech set but all that really seemed to do was make me better at killing the dudes i could already handle, if theres even one of these sith guys who can pop the purple shield things the imps automatically win, so then i figured i was missing something so i began checking for other things i could do, a friend told me i needed to get augments so i augmented every single piece of gear i have with the best stuff i could find which was purple advanced reflex mod 28's and i put one in every single piece.

The problem lays within your team... And probably you.... Sadly I don't have 55's on TEH.. Just a few pubs lvl 30-40

but same story, the guys i could already handle became REALLY easy to handle and if the imps had one of these guys who could bring on the purple shield things it was game over, if they had more then one then it became this horribly one sided slaughter, back when it was just a few i didnt mind but lately it feels like they've combined these guys with the purple shields with craptons of healing which our side never seems to have and before the gate has even opened we've already lost, we cant kill their healers because they're also covered in the purple shield thingies, every other class shield i can at least damage, the damage is reduced but at least its there.

Again... These shield ARE healing. If your team can't handle a few Sorc heal.. They suck. Sorc heals can't heal **** if they are under pressure, the bubble barely mitigate one hit.

Basicly it is you just noverestimating the power of sorc absorb shields. The only you must fear is Enduring Bastion... Which is following Force Barrier (the damage immune self-stun bubble). And even then, bursting through EB is doable.