2 new /IGNORE tools to ignore an entire account for a few days

anonnn

It would be nice to be able to blast trolls and credit spammers and other types of baddies out of the game for a while.

. . . . . . /IgnoreAccount <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 2 days (48 hours)

. . . . . . /IgnoreAccountWeek <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 7 days (168 hours)

I suppose the biggest question is whether these /AccountIgnore tools should ignore the offending player's account across ALL of your own characters. And I think the only way it makes sense is for it to do so, that it'd be a full /IGNORE of THEIR entire legacy of characters (current and future) across YOUR entire legacy of characters (current and future) for the 2 days or the 7 days time period.

A required quality of these tools is that they don't reveal any extra character names other than the character name that was used originally with the /IgnoreAccount(Week) command. Otherwise the tool would become a "tell me all your alt names" tool which would be entirely undesirable.

There would be no tool to ignore an entire account indefinitely, because of how easy it would be for those same trolls to misuse a tool of that level.

Imagine if someone's account got hacked and the hacker goes into General Chat while logged into the other person's account, and spouts for several hours with pure evil nonsense and gets the account put on /IgnoreAccountForever with dozens upon dozens of people... and that player eventually logs back in and can't get any Group Finder matches and has no clue why... and this problem would be UNFIXABLE and would have significantly damaged that person's gameplay permanently. A troll could also lie to their guild and claim that a certain player did something unforgivable, and get a large number of guildies to put that player on permanent /AccountIgnore. A troll could also duplicate a player's name with a special character on one of the letters that doesn't show up easily, and get people to type /IgnoreAccount with the wrong character name of an innocent player. It simply can't be allowed to PERMANENTLY ignore an entire account since it could go so very wrong against innocent players.

Edited by anonnn

Just imagine being able to go an entire WEEK without hearing from the particular credit spammer that's been annoying you on all your characters, and even if that credit spammer creates more characters, you'll still have ALL his new characters automatically /IGNORE'd for an entire week. . . . . :cool:

I seriously doubt the cred spammers are pestering you personally all that often. I get maybe 1 /w a month from a cred spammer.

lol thats cause you spend more time on forums then in game! :p

but yeah, on a busy week Ill get 5-6 whispers from credit spammers

Normal week will be 3-4 whispers

How about you grow a pair. /ignore is for those who can't handle a damn MMO. I know the best way to stop seeing troll or credit spammers if they really make you wet your pants its called /quitplayingmmos.

sounds like someone bitter over being on multiple ignore lists

Personally I utilize my ignore lists all the time to ENHANCE my MMO experience

And I been playing them since first one in 1991 on AOL so think I can handle a damn MMO just fine.

Always amazes me how those that act up and act out and get put on ignore try to blame the people ignoring them.

Heres a clue "STOP GIVING PEOPLE REASONS TO IGNORE YOU"

Speaking only for myself, I put following people on ignore every time

1) DPSers who refuse to do fight mechanics and their jobs in flashpoints or ops. Ill make sure they know the mechanics and not blaming new players who dont know better. But for those DPSers who do know and dont care, ignore they go.

DPSers are a dime a dozen so there is zero reason to put up with the bad ones with attitude issues.

For every DPSer I put on ignore with my healers and tanks there is 100 more ready to fill the role in GF and NOT cause problems or hassles.

2) Sentinals and Mauraders that insist on leaping ahead of tank (lesser degree juggernauts and guardians who dps, depends if they can actually handle the pull or if they also squishy and just playing like idiots)

3) anyone that tries to vote kick players simply because they dont like gear (unless of course were talking stupidly low gear )

4) Anyone that needs on all loot no matter what drops. We all want the sell loot as well so greed like everyone else. If you do need non stop this run, you will not get a 2nd run with me to do so again.

5) any players that try to cause drama and problems and bickering during the flash point/ops. No time or patience at all for those types.

6) If you have a really stupid name. Id give examples of a few but TOS don't allow here so simply put, if you willingly create a stupid name, then you willingly accept the consequences of such a action. Entirely on you and no one else

7) Racial and very ignorant or intolerant comments on any chat (fleet/general/trade/whatever). You make the comments, you live with the results

8) and lately I admit I've added a couple DPSers names after a flash point because when 3 of us said thanks for group outta simply respect for each other and they replied with "your welcome" or "NP". You better be DAMN AMAZING as a DPSer or added something really positive to the group dynamic during the flash point if your going to be such a douche as to tell others their welcome when they show basic level curtisy and respect.

yes yes yes, I know they TRYING (failing but trying) to be funny or topical but the joke ran its course 20 years ago and over 1000000 times being said ago.

Now its just a douche bag move/statement and as I said, you better live up to your own impression of yourself if you re going to try and play that card.

Few rarely do (except in their own little worlds)

Now I'm sure you will say I'm being overly picky (after you probably complain with a TLDR comment) but removing those types from my game ENHANCE MY GAMING EXPERIENCE 10000 fold.

And that's all I really care about, MY GAMING EXPERIENCE

If you going on ignore hurts YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE (and trust me, every healer/tank that ignores a bad dpser HURTS that DPSers future content experience), well then adjust your attitude so you don't land on peoples ignore.

PS: I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this but when one of my 3 55 healers or one of my 2 55 tanks (of the 5 characters I run tactical and hm flash points and ops on) when someone makes my ignore list on one character, they make my ignore list on ALL MY CHARACTERS.

And I would gleefully remove their presence completely if EA just offered up a /ignoreaccount option.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be more interesting if the new /ignore commands took the form:

. . . . . . /Ignore2day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 2 days (48 hours)

. . . . . . /Ignore7day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 7 days (168 hours)

This would allow the other options to maybe be filled in:

. . . . . . /Ignore1day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 1 day (24 hours)

. . . . . . /Ignore3day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 3 days (72 hours)

. . . . . . /Ignore4day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 4 days (96 hours)

. . . . . . /Ignore5day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 5 days (120 hours)

. . . . . . /Ignore6day <CharacterName>

. . . . . . . . . . . . ignores the character's entire account for exactly 6 days (144 hours)