162 Unassembled Enhancement vs 180 Bought

Sppomike

Hey guys,

Working on my mara now and I ran into a tough decision. I realize you should stack power as a mara, but as the title suggests, which is better for the enhancement? A 162 unassembled has 47 power and 72 surge, while the 180 has 39 power and 92 surge. Should i sacrifice the power for surge or just use the 180 gear for mods and throw the rest away?

Hey guys,

Working on my mara now and I ran into a tough decision. I realize you should stack power as a mara, but as the title suggests, which is better for the enhancement? A 162 unassembled has 47 power and 72 surge, while the 180 has 39 power and 92 surge. Should i sacrifice the power for surge or just use the 180 gear for mods and throw the rest away?

In terms of enhancements:

180 (crafted or token) > 168 (crafted or token) > 180 (commendation) > 162 (Crafted or token) > 168 (commendation) > 156 (Crafted) > 162 (Commendation)

The only exception is the power/alacrity enhancement, which wont be useful for marauder DPS specs till patch 3.0, which you can get a best-in-slot enhancement from the pants. I'd pick up 3 sets of pants for patch 3.0 anyway, as you will want about a 50/50 split for alacrity/surge come then, while using those for the mods you pick up. Get the enhancements crafted.

With Power+Surge enhancements

If it was 168 vs 180, definitely go for lower rating with optimal stats instead of higher rating with poor itemization

168 rating of the low endurance/high power variety is better than 180 with high endurance/low power

with 162, I would not be so sure.