The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars, enough is enough!

Jonoku

When you look at disney's marvel, they did so much with the franchise. Agents of SHIELD show, those movies, etc.

You look at DC universe, they are doing Arrow show, Gotham, Batman/Superman movies, its a variety, the focus isn't always the super hero but rather in another point of view.

My point is, enough of the jedi and sith, enough of these overtold repetitive stories.

Disney needs to tell Stories of Star Wars in different point of views. You can do so much with the franchise, you can make CSI: Star Wars version. You can make a show about the underworld on Coruscant, like Star Wars 1313. The standalone movies that they are going to do surrounding Han Solo, and Boba Fett is a fantastic start for more variety of stories.

The jedi/sith can cameo but enough of them, focus on other point of views not the chosen one, but the ordinary one.

Edited by Jonoku

They can continue making jedi/sith stories if they want I'm not trying to stop them.

They just need to add more point of views. Theres a ton of stuff in the star wars universe that do not relate to any jedi or sith, it doesn't always have to be that cliche overused story battle.

They can continue making jedi/sith stories if they want I'm not trying to stop them.

They just need to add more point of views. Theres a ton of stuff in the star wars universe that do not relate to any jedi or sith, it doesn't always have to be that cliche overused story battle.

One of the reasons why I love the Trooper story so much in this game is BECAUSE it focuses on the war itself. It doesnt care about the Jedi/Sith or the Force, it cares about the war in Star WARS. Thankfully there are a lot of games that DO focus on the war itself during these conflicts, I just wish there were more.

"Rebels" seems to be trying to do that. Despite having two Force sensitives in the main cast, they seem to be making an effort to keep Kanan's Jedi skill usage to a minimum and have him primarily function more as a Smuggler-Gunslinger than as a Jedi, and Ezra's unrefined abilities make for a convenient solution whenever the situation becomes desperate (a la child Gohan from Dragonball Z) as long as he doesn't use them every episode.

I'm hoping that the rumors about a Boba Fett spinoff film end up being true. Or even a Mandalorian Civil War spinoff film with Jango Fett, showing the Canon origin of Deathwatch, and showing how Mandalore ended up becoming the predominantly pacifist state we saw in TCW.

My point is, enough of the jedi and sith, enough of these overtold repetitive stories.

Disney needs to tell Stories of Star Wars in different point of views. You can do so much with the franchise, you can make CSI: Star Wars version. You can make a show about the underworld on Coruscant, like Star Wars 1313.

Your post is irrelevant at this point. Disney only bought Star Wars a year or two ago. Their Star Wars projects are only just now beginning to see the light of day. In fact, Star Wars Rebels is the only official Disney Star Wars media to be released so far, aside from one or two books.

In another year or two...after you've seen Disney's Star Wars projects...then you should remake this post if you still feel inclined to do so.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Not for nothing but in the new Canon we have:

A new Battlefront game confirmed - these have always focused on the troops, with Jedi/Sith showing up infrequently at best.

Tarkin confirmed as one of the novels - while I'm sure he'll interact with the Emperor & Vader it seems like the Imperial military will be the focus.

A Han Solo movie and a Boba Fett movie rumored - which will be the first time a big-screen Star Wars movie didn't have a force user as the main protagonist.

And even in the New Dawn novel, which uses Kanan as one of the view-point characters [spoilers of New Dawn]

he only uses the Force twice - for the vast majority of the novel he is very much a Han Solo-type character, and he is the only Force-user in the book's cast except for a single flashback scene at the start

There's also still a good chance that Rebels will develop into more of an ensemble cast as well, although at this point it is too early to tell, and the Force Users may indeed be the "stars" of the show with the rest of the Ghost's crew as supporting characters.