The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NEW star wars Ep7 photos & concept Art! (spoiler alert)

ImmortalLowlife

these pics are sorta old. Anyways the pretty big rumour is that at the end of EP7 Luke has already turned to the dark side.

Whats interesting about this rumour is that the Original ROTJ ending had Luke turning to the dark side and wanting to conquer the universe. Hamill wanted this to happen and Kasdan strongly pushed for this ending but Lucas changed his mind.

Now with Kasdan working on the rewrite of the script maybe he did get his wish fulfilled. Though its been described that a character appearing is wearing a helmet that looks very similar to Darth Bane

The beard stuff from last week in which everyone said you couldn’t have an evil Luke because his beard would show. The source basically said “you could put a beard under that.” Thank you, source. I will say, the stature of the character is more Mark Hamill than Adam Driver.

Fire! Hell! The backdrop might as well be Mustafar. I don’t think backgrounds matters in these pieces, as a I’ve said before. They’re simply meant to evoke the general feeling of the character. Well this one is hellish to say the least. I would like to take one second to troll the audience and insinuate that the fire is from the burning books that was the Expanded Universe. Okay, I won’t. Sorry!

The backdrop is very similar to the Chrome Stormtrooper commander we discussed last week. This piece is two concepts that are nearly identical, just the framing shifts from far away, full body, to an up close, above the waist depiction.

The helmeted figure faces left. This is a profile picture. The black cape flows outwards and the figure is in an attack stance, lightsaber held out in front, with both hands on the hilt. The lightsaber is red and has some motion to it as if it was just swung. Everything is black, the gloves, the pants, the boots, the mask.

The helmet looks like a samurai helmet. If you took Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and removed all the ornate additions from the helmet, you could have something similar. The back is kind of like Vader’s helmet but it is short, it just protects the back of the head, leaving the neck exposed. The face is covered. But you can see the eyes. This costume is Darth Vader if he were a ninja. Where the eye holes are, there is some light colored design. It has a good vibe about it. It reminds me of Shredder, a little bit of someone from Cobra in the old G.I. Joe and he has a black flowing cloak and red lightsaber which makes it look very cool.

This could very well be Adam Driver’s costume if he’s the evil guy we’ve heard he is. It could also hide a beard under it like that source says. Either way, the design is awesome and I hope it gets used somehow or in some way. Could this be Luke Skywalker’s costume if he is evil or impersonates the evil villain as a ruse? So many questions and so few answers. Because of the stance of the character, we can’t see if the eye is red and it is the cyborg or not.

Edited by Girdeux

GOD I really hope Luke doesn't go dark. That's always been one of the things I hated in the old canon. It goes against the very essence of the Luke character, ie. He was the Skywalker that got it right, who succeeded where his father failed and became the Jedi his father was supposed to have been.

Cant get enough of these rumours and leaks. This film is gonna be amazing :)

I agree. I'm really hoping for the movies grab the feeling Empire Strikes Back. Little darker feeling. I wonder if these leaks are actually given the green light to put out. To get a reaction out of people.

As for a dark Luke. Ok I can see that maybe. He always seemed to walk the edge of light and dark in the movies anyways. Plus wouldn't he be the only one to have access the Vaders belongings after the funeral pyre? One would think anything that survived would be hidden fairly well.

Edited by Vyerix