Shield chance: 34.66%

Shield absorb: 44.30%

Willpower: 2195

41,617 HP

Defence chance: 20.81%

Shield chance: 29.28%

Shield absorb: 33.27%

Willpower: 1962

Which of the 2 is more beneficial to PVP tanking? With all the dots be thrown around lately I like scenario 2 with the increased shield chance and absorb.

Thoughts :rak_02:

I think KBN had it somewhere, but endurance weights the heaviest as several mechanics ignore shielding and defense.

He's talking pvp , there are no mechanics there's strategies :p

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you should be able to do better than that statwise in brutalizer gear..

I got bored a couple weeks ago and put together an obroan tank set. Off the top of my head my def stats were:

Hp: 38.5k

Defense: ~18%

Shield: ~48% w/dark ward

Absorb:~43% @ 0 dark bulwark stacks

I used 5-6 absorb augs and the rest were endurance augs. I pretty much just tried to find a balance between hp and defensive stats. I only tanked regs, but I was relatively sturdy while doing the guard swap peel taunt thing that PvP tanks do.

Edited by mmerry

A little off topic, but 'back in the day' a tank spec in dps armor used to be viable. Is that still true you guys think? Or is it the case of a complete 'meh' in both departments, i.e. a crappy tank, crappy dps sort of deal?

Darkness has a viable dps rotation.

I also have been wondering about this, for my stats,

in full Brut ) i just use one def mod and def stim to have 102 point in def which is like 17%

everything else into absorb and everything auged with WP, i dont see the benefit of having anymore hp with fortitude.

• 2 weeks later...