Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is the Seneschal's Pack higher priced?

Iwipe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to look at it as we had nice promotional pricing for a couple of packs, but now it's gone. It was nice while it lasted though.

I know right? This whole conversation is absurd. I liked the lower price too. It was nice. But now its gone.

Prices changes. News at 11. And yes, "we changed it because we changed" is a fine answer.

In fact, no answer they could have given would save satisfied the crowd. What they were looking for was "woops, we F'd up and we're sorry." But Bioware didn't F up. They made a pricing adjustmen that they believe is proper for the market. The market itself will reveal if they were right or wrong.

Sorry folks. They changed the price just like every other company ever does when they change prices. Shocking, I know.

Edited by Arkerus

I know right? This whole conversation is absurd. I liked the lower price too. It was nice. But now its gone.

Prices changes. News at 11. And yes, "we changed it because we changed" is a fine answer.

In fact, no answer they could have given would save satisfied the crowd. What they were looking for was "woops, we F'd up and we're sorry." But Bioware didn't F up. They made a pricing adjustmen that they believe is proper for the market. The market itself will reveal if they were right or wrong.

Sorry folks. They changed the price just like every other company ever does when they change prices. Shocking, I know.

Nope, I'd have been fine with "It was a promotional offer we did for a limited time" or even "we did it to see if we sold more packs".

Most people are actually not upset that the prices changed back, but only wondering why. And the answer we got was pretty much a non-answer.

Nope, I'd have been fine with "It was a promotional offer we did for a limited time" or even "we did it to see if we sold more packs".

I'd add something along "we're sorry if it wasn't properly communicated and will make sure to do so in the future"

Then I'll top this with a "As valued customers we're actually looking into a way to make something special for you guys" (read like offering a specific object or a CC cash back to people who already ordered)

But well they aren't entitled to anything for sure.

to be fair he probably checked with the team just to be sure and because it was their decision

To be sure that they changed the prices because they changed the prices?

Are you telling me he's brain dead? Cause I don't believe that.

No, I am quite sure what really happened is that he checked with them what he could say and the bottom line is they told him not to say anything. In which case I prefer he simply says that he cannot share the specifics rather than coming up with an unfortunate turn of phrase which makes it look like an insult to everyone's intelligence. I am sure that wasn't intended either, but then the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

It is probably no use, it has been and will always been like this.

They hype up some kind of item that everyone wants and then makes it a insane hard item to get.

We have seen it before, we will see it agan. Oh and alot of new reskins aswell, trying to look like new armor......

Most people are actually not upset that the prices changed back, but only wondering why. And the answer we got was pretty much a non-answer.

The point: They aren't going to tell you that. That will set a terrible precedent that they will never be able to support. Say it once and people expect it over and over. You would have to be crazy to think that isn't true.

To be sure that they changed the prices because they changed the prices?

Are you telling me he's brain dead? Cause I don't believe that.

No, I am quite sure what really happened is that he checked with them what he could say and the bottom line is they told him not to say anything. In which case I prefer he simply says that he cannot share the specifics rather than coming up with an unfortunate turn of phrase which makes it look like an insult to everyone's intelligence. I am sure that wasn't intended either, but then the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So he did what any rep would do: Checked with his team, they said they reserve the right to change the price and he reported it out.

OH THE HORROR!! How do we get through the day with such travesties against humanity!??

So he did what any rep would do: Checked with his team, they said they reserve the right to change the price and he reported it out.

OH THE HORROR!! How do we get through the day with such travesties against humanity!??

Except that's not what he said. It was much less direct and talked more about what we should consider when looking at prices. He never answered the question of "why the sudden increase." The issue here isn't the increase, that was a simple question with a fairly obvious answer. What people are annoyed about is how he answered it.

Which he actually didn't say so that's just your interpretation, nor does his anwser actually explain why they do change the prices, which was the actual question.

Meanwhile a hypercrate is more then enough to buy a new game.

I have thought of it many times, why do I buy this reskinned junk instead of trying out a new game.

The 6.400 cartel coins for a pack, check for yourselves what you can actually buy for that amount of cash.

Seems that the prices get a bit out of hand, in my country you can easily get a new game for the same cost of the new hypercrate.

Only stating facts

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.