The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Rant] Enough with that cybernetics stuff !

i 1000% agree (100 wasn't enough) let them sink into a black hole.

If you really must have a booby prize armor set in every pack then FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE IT.

Seriously, I will take a badly recolored bikini outfit over more cybernetics.

None of my characters look good in a bikini.

When the first cybernetic set came out I thought it was a good idea. I've seen some people use pieces of cyber sets, but never a full set (my server is Jedi Covenant).

The problem is the ever growing number of cybernetic sets! I'm pretty sure we have at least half a dozen variations already. It is just too much.

If the point was to make droids a playable race, than that is what should have been done! The way it is, cyber pieces are just trash items taking space from interesting things in Cartel Packs.

When the first cybernetic set came out I thought it was a good idea. I've seen some people use pieces of cyber sets, but never a full set (my server is Jedi Covenant).

The problem is the ever growing number of cybernetic sets! I'm pretty sure we have at least half a dozen variations already. It is just too much.

If the point was to make droids a playable race, than that is what should have been done! The way it is, cyber pieces are just trash items taking space from interesting things in Cartel Packs.

Interesting enough I don't see the variations as such. One piece looks more like a slight tweaking of another.

Now regarding the droid thing, would totally love being able to dress my character as a droid for sure. Some droids are totally awesome in game. I'd even play a med droid :)

Alright, I think I figured what the should have done, and would have gotten less backlash over.

They should have had a Pack that was all droid, cyborg, and machine themed. All of the cybernetic sets would have been put in, with some other similarly themed armor sets, maybe throw in some droid pets, droid mounts, weapons that looked mechanical enough to see what goes on inside or something (maybe lightsabers could look more stripped down, without the outer shell), some titles to throw in, ("engineer", "Unit <name>", for examples) and jawa scraps(?).

The Jawa Scrap Pack!

Edit: Just de-cluttering my above statement..

HISHHappened (instead of Ended):

Announcing the Jawa Scrap Pack, brought to you by the Clans of the Jawa. [Reputation Organization]

What would you find in these packs dragged from the depths of the Jawa Sandcrawlers and shops?

Could it be?

• An ancient Basilisk War Droid mount from the Mandalorian Wars? However did those Jawas get a hold of that? Wha? Well, I just received word that the Basilisk was not stolen from the graves of lond dead Mandalorians.
  • But wait! Here are more droid mounts! Is that a Mini-Walker lumbering along? A Military Hovertank to transport you across the planet? Wow! Look at those speeders! But aren't they a little... stripped down? No? Ah, our sources say that the stripped down look is a feature! How clever are those Jawas?
  • My dear cyborg, and non-cyborg, friends, have you ever looked at part of yourself and thought "You know, droids seem to have superior abilities in X, Y, Z. Is there a way to improve what I have to get those improvements for myself?" Well have no fear, our Jawas have cybernetic parts for all of your wishes, just make sure you go to a real certified doctor before installing these parts!
  • Get down! What was that? Oh my, look what we have for you, my friends. Look at these gorgeous weapons, weapons I am informed that were most certainly not looted from corpses. And like the speeders before, their stripped down looks are a feature, not a concern for safety protocols. Just look at these!
  • Well my friends, we have stuff for you ride, wear, and fight with, but let's face it. There is more to life than fighting and riding to the sunset. Our Jawa engineers have even included into these packs some decorations for your homes. The junky look is a great deterrent for thieves to decide that your home has nothing worth stealing. But amongst the anti-theft protection of junk furniture with comfortable seats, we also have Speeder Repair stations for your Speeders that need repair (and any droid mounts you may already own), a Droid repair station for your driod companions, and tinkering tables among so many more!
  • Oh! How could I forget the most important thing of all! We even have some pet droids you could find. We promise they were not stolen nor looted from dead moisture farmers. But look at these cute little buggers!
  • *Conditions apply. The Jawa Clans do not accept refunds, and only trades in on site of purchase if purchased item malfunctions before leaving. None of our droids speak Bocci. Nothing was stolen or looted from the dead. The Jawa Clans thank you for your support.

Well, that was a fun sales pitch writing.

Edit 2: I just realized I was stealth campaigning for Basilisk War Droid mounts. Not fully intentional...

Edited by LyraineAlei

I have to agree with the overall theme of the thread.

The early Cybernetic stuff was pretty cool, but everything in the Strongholds packs is really ugly and most of it sells for (well is on the market for anyway) between 5 and 100 credits on JC. I can't imagine many people are actually buying that crap.

You can't give that stuff away and it seems like you are more likely to get that stuff than any of the other gear in the last 2 packs. I've stopped buying packs because I'm sick of every pack having that worthless and ugly gear in it.

Edited by RiVaN_

• 1 month later...
The problem is that Bioware seems intent on NOT releasing a set that's fully-cybernetic and doesn't look like crappy protocol droid. Stuff like this makes really really question how much thought the developers really put into the game. It all comes off as first-draft kind of ideas.

I've only seen a very small percentage of players actually show interest in the cybernetics cartel armor. The drop rate in cartel packs is so high and the demand so low that you can't even give them away or sell them to a vendor. It seems like every single pack that comes out has a cybernetic armor set that just barely varies from the last to where I often can't even tell them apart. This may be due to my lack of interest in them but do we really need one for every single release? Just make a large set of them then sell it as a pack that they can pick and choose from on the cartel market that unlocks to their account so they can mix/match as they please without having this type of item spamming the cartel packs.

I've only seen a very small percentage of players actually show interest in the cybernetics cartel armor.

This.

The supply/demand ratio is simply off. It's the same with the Socorro stuff, and it has been the very same issue with the Cybernetic stuff forever. People rarely show interest in them. Since the skin was released, I saw one character on the fleet really using it. I can try to sell cybernetic and socorro stuff for 200 credits on the GTN, they simply won't sell. I've come to a point where I destroy them by default.

I wouldn't mind the cybernetic stuff so much, if it wasn't the same in nearly every Cartel pack. I don't want the rare stuff right away (although I wouldn't mind that Tulak Hord armor), but opening 10 Cartel packs to see 8 of them dropping cybernetic stuff is ridiculous. That's the very reason I'm not opening packs anymore. I simply sell them on the GTN (make close to 8 million with a new hypercrate), and buy the stuff I need. And I usually make a profit of 5-6 million that way.

Seriously, we get it. You love cybernetic stuff. But do it right, or don't do it at all. I certainly don't neet a new copy.

I've only seen a very small percentage of players actually show interest in the cybernetics cartel armor.

So this is an Example of a "vocal minority" on the forums getting what they want ?

And, as the saying goes :

"Be careful what you wish for. It might actually become true ..."

IMO they should ditch the whole Cyborg look and give us straight up full on prosthetics. I don't want exposed flesh on my droid characters. I don't want to look like Robocop. I don't want to look like Cyborg from Teen Titans. I want to look like the T-800, HK-47, IG-88. Where the limbs are skinny mechanical and I could pull off the "First Glance Droid look"

I'll sign my name as well.

Every armor and weapon risks being a "miss", but the cybernetic sets are different.

They are very theme-y, and only people that want more cybernetics or a droid will be interested, and I would wager that there is more demand for the "turn my character into a droid" armors than the more cyborg-oriented designs.

Once in a while? Sure. Of course, but not a new cyborg armor in every set, and certainly not in every pack within that set, and when they make a new one, I would prefer that they make it so that the completed appearance will be closer to a protocol droid than a crash-test dummy.

• 4 weeks later...
You'll all be glad to know that the new 'Apprentice pack' features another cybernetic armor set...

http://dulfy.net/2015/01/29/swtor-apprentices-shadow-pack-preview/

10/10 Bioware.

/vader

Noòooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

/endvader

◆Edit◆

I cant look trying load load dulfy gets me:

Sucuri CloudProxy - Backend Server timeout

What is going on?

I am sorry, but we are unable to connect to the page you requested. It seems the backend server (where this site is hosted) is down and we do not have a cached copy to give to you. Please try again in a few minutes.

Error details

Error Code: HTTP 504

Error Message: Backend or gateway connection timeout.

Server ID: cp433

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Off topic, that female hairstyle is ... something.

I laughed so hard i laughed soda out my nose..there is dreads and then theres poodoo hair... the comment asking if a wookie went poodoo on her head killed me.

I do like the pistol and blaster rifle. Might get the ventilated rubber suit to 80s hairband up some of my male comps, already have the Hetfield/Lemmy Tharan Cedrax customization after all.

Not going anywhere near Morpheus Quinn or Psycho Smurf Xalek.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

You'll all be glad to know that the new 'Apprentice pack' features another cybernetic armor set...

http://dulfy.net/2015/01/29/swtor-apprentices-shadow-pack-preview/

10/10 Bioware.

Yeah and as soon as I saw it I said "Great, now I can predict with 99.9% certainty that we can expect 18 different iterations of this new cybernetic set in the next several upcoming packs." /yawn :mad:

Yeah and as soon as I saw it I said "Great, now I can predict with 99.9% certainty that we can expect 18 different iterations of this new cybernetic set in the next several upcoming packs." /yawn :mad:

You forgot, the first 50 pages of armour on the gtn dedicated to 50 credit cybernetic junk. ;)

Oh which, no one will ever be able to sell. I'd be easier if they made the cybernetic armor into like a social one outfit and removed it from the various cartel packs.