12XP on Class story is glorious

lironBD

I too am loving this perk. Had a tremendous amount of fun with it this weekend. This perk alone was worth the cost of the pre-order to me.

HOWEVER.

I must agree with my fellow players that wish there was a way to turn it off or otherwise opt out. Yes, they could have waited until the last possible moment to pre-order so as to avoid the bonus but workarounds are never as clean as an actual solution. There simply will be people that pre-order as soon as they see it is available. Maybe they really enjoy the game and are eager to support it. So they order as soon as it becomes available, without necessarily reading all of the fine print. Are we going to then trash people who pre-ordered not realizing that turning this off was an option?

I think it's a GREAT perk and have really enjoyed it. I look forward to having it until launch. And even if there was a toggle to turn it off, I am just about 100% sure I wouldn't use it on a single one of my characters. But I'd very much like to see it as an option for those that really don't want it.

I LOVE this feature. Wish they did it before. Able to level a character quickly in a class I usually wouldn't level. Enables those that want to level a chance to see other class stories and playstyle.

Those with ALT-A-Holic-ism are happy too! Except now we need more slots for characters. LOL

I LOVE this feature. Wish they did it before. Able to level a character quickly in a class I usually wouldn't level. Enables those that want to level a chance to see other class stories and playstyle.

Those with ALT-A-Holic-ism are happy too! Except now we need more slots for characters. LOL

Unless you want more than like 22, shouldn't be a problem. I have a TON of character slots since I went preferred for awhile and wanted to play all the ones I had. I bought the character slots off the GTN for ~200-250k each. Now I have like 20 open slots per server when subbed.

This has been an amazing experience. My wife and I are enjoying this game like never before!

As for a toggle. nobody will ever use it. Sure you will have trolls flood this forum with their QQ but the reality is that nobody will ever toggle it to turn off the experience gain.

It's an asinine request.

Thank you Bioware, you folks have really been stepping it up with your game and I am looking forward to whatever comes next!

As for a toggle. nobody will ever use it. Sure you will have trolls flood this forum with their QQ but the reality is that nobody will ever toggle it to turn off the experience gain.

It's an asinine request.

I completely disagree here. I, too, love the buff. Personally, I would absolutely not turn off the buff if I could. But I know people that absolutely would turn it off immediately if they could. There are a lot of players that really love the story progression and like running all the missions on the planets. It's not my cup of tea: I prefer to level fast, enjoy the class story since I've already done all the side missions, then do endgame stuff. That's my preference: I love running ops, FPs (tactical and HM), events, etc. But there are a lot of players that absolutely do not like running endgame: they enjoy the leveling process and as soon as they hit level 55 they are done with that character.

I don't think the number turning it off would be very large (that's really based on perception, not fact, I have no evidence to prove that statement) BUT those that would turn it off find this to be a very significant negative impact to their chosen playstyle.

Not all of us I can assure you.

Been silent for the most part, seeing I don't wish to take a piss on anyone's parade but it's not a weekend or a week but almost two freaking months, with no toggle whatsoever.

The price of being taken for granted I guess. :p

inb4 50k Cartel Coins for this legacy perk, 25k Cartel Coins if your a subscriber and no credit option. Just kidding.

12X xp is awesome, I always enjoyed leveling in this game

This has been an amazing experience. My wife and I are enjoying this game like never before!

It's an asinine request.

Thank you Bioware, you folks have really been stepping it up with your game and I am looking forward to whatever comes next!

If you dont want 12X xp, don't preorder.

Alternate Solution: Unsubscribe and wait until expansion comes out after december 1st and do something else, many alternate games you can play, life stuff etc.

Edited by Jonoku

This really should be a permanent bonus but I could see it being converted into just giving players legacy unlocks of the Bonus XP perks for class missions.

That would be fairly simple and easy.

Attach an ingame mail with items that unlock the full list of Bonus Class Mission XP Perks and you are done. I would go one better and unlock all the Flashpoint XP Perks as well since those are major sources of story as well.

As it is the game narrative flows a lot better but the game does have issues with leveling too fast. Missions really need to stop giving out gear rewards and just reward players with planatary commendations. Put the gear in the commendation vendors and you wont have issues with gearing.

Week 1 complete, Gunslinger level 55 is complete. Enjoyed the story more than I have ever since I could focus on it and play it without interruption.

^this. Just finished my third sorc, now working on my second Operative. Playing the class quests is a much more "cinematic" experience without having to do planetary/Kuat/WZ in between.

Let me add that I am glad I did the planetary quests a few times, but the 10th time through just wasn't as much fun. And FPs just become a race to see how fast you can be done with them once you have done them a dozen times.

OTOH, Lowbie PvP is fun, I try to make sure I have enough WZ comms for my Obroan relics before I hit level 30. :)

I've been playing with the 12x experience boost for class quests and having a Blast! This is how the game should be all the time. I have multiple level 55's already, and having to go through the planetary side quests is mind numbing.

There are 4 class quest lines for each side. 8 Total classes on each side. Out of those variations, you basically stick to the same quest lines for each of those after the 2nd planet. If you level all the toons for the Republic side to see the class quest storylines, that's 4 separate story lines. But you are forced to play the same planetary side missions over and over again. That's repeating the same quests 4 times.

With this boost, you can witness and experience the class unique storylines only which keeps the game fresh. I wish this was available earlier for SWToR. This should have been introduced as an unlock after you get say 4 level 55's, or reach level 50 legacy, or even as a cartel unlock.

Being able to strictly play the unique class story arcs is what makes the game fun. Leveling an alt healer for your guild doesn't seem like a pain in the butt. Seeing the class arc in one continuous effort is storytelling at it's best. I'm both thankful that this is finally in the game and sad that it wasn't introduced earlier on. Why can't this be a permanent thing?

Glorious is the perfect word for it.

I may have to shell out the dough for a couple extra character slots.

Unfortunately, BW will only let me buy 5 more.

I may level some toons and throw them away, just to experience The Class Stories As They Were Meant To Be Experienced. Or level them on a different server without my guild perks. Not as much fun. :(

Been a long long time since I did the JK or Trooper ...

The downside I would imagine was it was more permanent perk, alot of people would rush through the game, be done with the game, and move on from the sub, as opposed to drawing out the sub longer through a longer leveling process.

I don't know if I would still be here if I was able to complete each of the stories so quickily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.