The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS numbers for PT pyro

johnpickard

Hi all,

Recently switched to a Pyro PT for raiding purposes. With Torparse down and not being able to see any parse numbers I was hoping to get some feedback on numbers.

On a 1mil dummy with armor pen on, I am consistently doing 3880-3940dps over the course of the 4:40 it takes to kill it.

Other examples: NiM nefra im about 3850, NiM Grob about 3600.

Are these respectable numbers for Pyro PT these days? it would be awesome to know if I'm a mile away so i can figure out how to get there

*note- have read and studied kwerty's guide among others, and am sure I can do better with heat management.

Hi all,

Recently switched to a Pyro PT for raiding purposes. With Torparse down and not being able to see any parse numbers I was hoping to get some feedback on numbers.

On a 1mil dummy with armor pen on, I am consistently doing 3880-3940dps over the course of the 4:40 it takes to kill it.

Other examples: NiM nefra im about 3850, NiM Grob about 3600.

Are these respectable numbers for Pyro PT these days? it would be awesome to know if I'm a mile away so i can figure out how to get there

*note- have read and studied kwerty's guide among others, and am sure I can do better with heat management.

I'd need to see gear to come to a conclusion, but if your in Dread Forged gear (1-2 dread masters pieces allowed), that looks like its definately up to par. You won't be breaking 4k consistantly until you're at 3-4 Dread Masters pieces (one of which is the offhand), though dont be surprised if Nefra is a better dummy than the dummy (remember to delay the adrenal and second phase of Offensive Cooldowns till sub-30%, and electro shield while the DoT is up. Also try to convince your healers to HoT you instead of cleanse you for it, because less heat = more dps, especially if electro shield is reflecting it)

Edited by TACeMossie

I wonder TACeMossie, what's the expected above avarage PT Pyro dummy parse with gear like this:

http://puu.sh/c6d7V/7b4fd03808.jpg

I can elaborate on my gear if it's too vague to judge.

Its similar to my own gear, you have less crit for more power, and for some reason you're 1 accuracy piece behind what you should be. (And by the look of things one of your relics is a PvP one).

With that in mind, I can actually figure out the exact average DPS for your gear, thanks to my stat optimization code I put together - Part of it is getting crit/power ratings, and converting them into crit% and Bonus damage (so I can skip that bit)

Once I get back to my desktop Ill plug in your values and get an average DPS

Its similar to my own gear, you have less crit for more power, and for some reason you're 1 accuracy piece behind what you should be. (And by the look of things one of your relics is a PvP one).

Yeah I'm not done min-maxing yet. I blame Bioware though, in the last 2 tiers neither gloves or head pieces have accuracy.

I actually have an augmentless KD ear and Obroan relic.

Ok Zoltan, you'll be doing on average between 3700 and 3800dps, with an average of 3746.25 dps (assuming Dread Forged Focused Retribution and Brutalizer Serendipitous Assault for relics).

Thanks, I'm pulling between 3750 and 3850 almost every time.

Yeah I'm not done min-maxing yet. I blame Bioware though, in the last 2 tiers neither gloves or head pieces have accuracy.

And instead has alacrity

/flips table

/flips table next to my table

/flips all tables at uni

Patch 3.0 can't get here quick enough

Edited by TACeMossie

I actually have an augmentless KD ear and Obroan relic.

Yep, it's friggin retarded... i got the Dread Forged Helmet and Gloves from my HM DF Raid last night (Cleared Draxus and Grob, tried NiM Nefra, got close a few times!) the Set Bonus gear is supposed to be fully optimized...

Thank you for the input. I have about 4-5 pieces of 186 gear, so it seems i can improve a bit. I re-read youre guide more closely and noticed I wasn't hitting as many Rocket Punches as i shoulda been, and from there hopped up to doing around 3950 every time.

This is my gear

Ol'squishy's gear of DOOM

I'm currently at the following stat points, because AMR doesnt seem to have it right (partly due to the current double companion stuff bug)

ranged:

dmg-1663-2095

bonus-1160.3

acc-100.47

crit-28.83

crit mult-76.48

tech:

bns dmg-1758.6

acc-110.47

crit-35.21

crit mult-76.48

I thank you for all the advice herein as well, and you're awesome guide

Edited by johnpickard

Thank you for the input. I have about 4-5 pieces of 186 gear, so it seems i can improve a bit. I re-read youre guide more closely and noticed I wasn't hitting as many Rocket Punches as i shoulda been, and from there hopped up to doing around 3950 every time.

This is my gear

Ol'squishy's gear of DOOM

I'm currently at the following stat points, because AMR doesnt seem to have it right (partly due to the current double companion stuff bug)

ranged:

dmg-1663-2095

bonus-1160.3

acc-100.47

crit-28.83

crit mult-76.48

tech:

bns dmg-1758.6

acc-110.47

crit-35.21

crit mult-76.48

I thank you for all the advice herein as well, and you're awesome guide

3955.48 dps average from you, so yeah, all you were missing was a few rocket punches. You've got it down now, so... I am now expecting you to beat me to a council kill. Im currently up to Calphayus (though bestia is still a roadblock for the week... I'd give up the alacrity change for a relic from her. Not really. Im next in line for a relic though)

Here's my AMR (Note i dont have ALL the datacrons, i just did that for simplicity's sake) Could you get a rough estimate on what my DPS should be?

And you're at approximately 3381.63 dps. I am assuming though Kaos that you aren't using the double bonus glitch that you get from max affection from agent + another toons companions, for simplicities sake.

Actually, ill do 2 numbers:

WITHOUT GLITCH

3381.63 dps

WITH GLITCH

3414.67 dps

This also assumes a 4-piece bonus, as your armorings aren't all 34s as is typical off commendation armorings.

Something to point out for you kaos: An Advanced Adept Enhancement 28 is better than an Advanced Efficient Enhancement 31, and those first ones I listed can be crafted relatively cheaply - I'd suggest doing some swapping of gear.

Edited by TACeMossie

Out of curiosity, do you think you could run This through your thingy TAC?

Without Companion Bonus glitch:

3621.8 dps

With Companion Bonus glitch:

3658.3 dps

So yeah, dont stack 2k crit rating, even though you'll end up with a 50+% tech crit rating :p

Another one:

With companion bonus glitch, full power

NO CRITS

3194.3 dps

AVERAGE CRITS

4008.4 dps

Yep, a max power build will almost parse as good as a max crit rating, average crits parse when the full power one doesn't crit. Ok fine, the difference is 10%, but then the difference between max crit and average crits on max power is also 10%

Edited by TACeMossie