The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advanced Class Change Token

Let's start with two numbers: 792 and 600

792 CC is the price of changing your species, 600 CC is the cost of an additional character slot. With Disciplines coming up there might be a golden window of opportunity to introduce AC changes, for a price of course.

With more and more people getting to their individual cap for character slots the outcry for additional character slots might increase. But there is a much more profitable alternative. AC changes are intresting to a lot of people and not just altoholics. Being able to change your AC would move people to spend money they wouldn't invest otherwise and some might even do it on a regular basis.

Personally I would even pay up to 1000 CC for a chance to turn my second Powertech into a Merc, but I wouldn't spend the time to level a Merc up from 1 to 55 again. With the game and my characters growing older, there is always more and more stuff like mounts, titles and pets I would be forced to give up.

If ACs are ever changeable, and there's a slim chance they will be, it should never be through the CM. It needs to be strictly in-game.

Actually not necessary just like appearance designer, character rename, legacy rename which were all added to the game after F2P and CM launch. Good chance if it launches will be a CM consumable.

Let's start with two numbers: 792 and 600

792 CC is the price of changing your species, 600 CC is the cost of an additional character slot. With Disciplines coming up there might be a golden window of opportunity to introduce AC changes, for a price of course.

With more and more people getting to their individual cap for character slots the outcry for additional character slots might increase. But there is a much more profitable alternative. AC changes are intresting to a lot of people and not just altoholics. Being able to change your AC would move people to spend money they wouldn't invest otherwise and some might even do it on a regular basis.

Personally I would even pay up to 1000 CC for a chance to turn my second Powertech into a Merc, but I wouldn't spend the time to level a Merc up from 1 to 55 again. With the game and my characters growing older, there is always more and more stuff like mounts, titles and pets I would be forced to give up.

There is a post from Eric on the forums stating that the introduction of disciplines will NOT allow players to change their class (AC). In addition, during the live stream, I believe they once again stated that they would not be allowing class (AC) changes as your choice of class (AC) was permanent and could not be undone.

It would seem that if you want to play that new class (AC), you will have to put forth the modicum of effort and time to actually level it. Fortunately, they have implemented the 12x XP class quest boost for those that preorder the expansion allowing for faster and easier leveling. This reduces even further the modicum of effort and time required to level that new class.