First Look Into Raider's Cove? ( Rishi )

Darth_Wicked

In case you're wondering, Raider's Cove -- from the name anyway -- is bound to be fairly similar to Shipwreck Cove, a pirate haven in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.

It was first mentioned here, in this Developer Blog entry by Charles Boyd. It reads:

All action from the latest trailer appears to take place on Yavin 4.

Aside this and this, there are no images of Rishi. However, the former picture contains the following:

First look then? :cool:

EDIT:

Forgot this one, though I think that image is from Yavin 4.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I think the devs are giving us the forest "planet" that people had asked for. Granted, Yavin 4 is not a planet but theres little functional difference.

Rishi is more of a tropical world next to Yavin 4 though. The latter doesn't come across as tropical as I remember it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Your point appears to be muddled at best. First, you say this:

I think the devs are giving us the forest "planet" that people had asked for. Granted, Yavin 4 is not a planet but theres little functional difference.

Which heavily implies, in your opinion I think. that the differences between Yavin 4 and Rishi are bound to be minimal.

Afterwards, you say this:

I don't know about tropical. I was thinking more in the lines of Kashyyyk with its surface covered by forests. I mean, these images could have me fooled.

Which clearly shows they are NOTHING alike for the most part. If I misread your intent, my apologies. I only seek clarification. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

As someone pointed out on another thread, Nar Shadaa isn't a planet, either, but in game parlance, everyone refers to it as one.

To-may-to, to-mah-to. It's a duck.

If that's what Rishi ends up looking I will be pleased. Don't want 2 green jungle worlds in same expansion with slight difference in shape of flora & fauna. Rishi deffo should have heavy urban environments like in the concept art Edited by Pietrastor

Still see a lot of plants, but at least there's some urban stuff too I guess. TBH, I'm not very excited about either so far. Maybe Rishi if it ends up looking like in the concept art but Makeb so far trumps both. Yavin will be the same boring jungle with ruins we've seen tens of times in other SW games, comics and movies. Zzzzz. Only perfect level design can save it (like Tatooine which ended up being one of best planets in TOR thx to good level design). Very disappointed they ended up scrapping Ziost/Bothawui/Sleheyron expansion :( Hopefully they will go back to these planets in future even if in different context like they did with Rakata Prime

Edited by Pietrastor

As someone pointed out on another thread, Nar Shadaa isn't a planet, either, but in game parlance, everyone refers to it as one

Trust me, there are people on these forums that launched a verbal attack on me for calling the moons in this game "planets".

Trust me, there are people on these forums that launched a verbal attack on me for calling the moons in this game "planets".

Pointing out that Nar Shaddaa is a moon, NOT a planet, is not an verbal attack I think.

Just stating the obvious.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I wonder how great the odds are that Theron and Lana are hiding out on Rishi... and that they got themselves into some kind of trouble. Theron probably couldn't resist helping out some female Twi'leks again. (And who can really blame him for that? :o)

I wonder how great the odds are that Theron and Lana are hiding out on Rishi... and that they got themselves into some kind of trouble. Theron probably couldn't resist helping out some female Twi'leks again. (And who can really blame him for that? :o)

It could work truth be told. ;)

After all, we're bound to get to Rishi first, and then Yavin 4, according to this picture. Plus, it would be an opportunity to bring Teff'ith to the mix.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It could work truth be told. ;)

After all, we're bound to get to Rishi first, and then Yavin 4, according to this picture. Plus, it would be an opportunity to bring Teff'ith to the mix.

Yup! I'm guessing that at the very least we'll meet up with them there. :D

And Teff'ith would definitely be a welcome addition! Or they could be hiding alongside Kaya. Was it ever actually mentioned what species she was?

Yup! I'm guessing that at the very least we'll meet up with them there. :D

And Teff'ith would definitely be a welcome addition! Or they could be hiding alongside Kaya. Was it ever actually mentioned what species she was?

Not that I remember.

Concerning Kaya, I've thought of that as well. As I said here:

There's always a chance they may come to reintroduce these characters later on and they're just giving us a taste. If not, it sounds like a total waste to me.

If that's Raider's Cove and considering it was first mentioned in that Dev Blog story entry, it would only make sense if Kaya came along with it. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...
In case you're wondering, Raider's Cove -- from the name anyway -- is bound to be fairly similar to Shipwreck Cove, a pirate haven in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.

It was first mentioned here, in this Developer Blog entry by Charles Boyd. It reads:

All action from the latest trailer appears to take place on Yavin 4.

Aside this and this, there are no images of Rishi. However, the former picture contains the following:

First look then? :cool:

EDIT:

Forgot this one, though I think that image is from Yavin 4.

I'm surprised they didn't give you an invitation to the PTS :p