Tuesday (10/7) Disciplines Livestream with Eric Musco and David Demaree

HillaryNicole

My mind is blown.... nice job guys with that new system! This was a great stream, lots of good info. David Demaree should be streaming with you guys more often imo. Is it December yet? XD

**COUGH** can I get a PTS invite please? :)

Edited by Darkshadz

Some of the highlights I caught:

- The discipline system isn't actually changing combat. All of the abilities that were important for your spec's rotation are simply a part of your Discipline, rather than chosen from a tree. They're just given automatically as you level, rather than selected manually. All of the extra little perks from the different specs have now been folded into the Utilities section. At 60, you get 7 Utility Points to invest in these different talents. There are 3 tiers of talents, and it looks like you need 2 or 3 points in one tier before you can move up to the next.

- All classes are getting either a defensive or offensive raid utility similar to Inspiration/Bloodthirst or the Sniper/Slinger raid shield. Sorcs/Sages increase everyone's mainstat by 100 for 10 seconds, somebody else's gives 10% alacrity (but Alacrity will actually be useful for everyone now!) for 10 seconds, Inspiration/Bloodthirst is now only +10% damage/healing for 10 seconds, and I don't remember what the other one was that they mentioned. All of the offensive buffs have their own debuff, so you can't use more than one of each, but they can be stacked with each other. They can't be used in arenas.

- Sages/Sorcs get a talent that lets them cast some of their abilities while moving. Looks like a sign that they're making some pretty big changes to combat.

- Alacrity will be more useful. Instead of only decreasing the GCD and cast times, it now also decreases CDs and rate limits, and makes dots tick faster.

Some of the highlights I caught:

- The discipline system isn't actually changing combat. All of the abilities that were important for your spec's rotation are simply a part of your Discipline, rather than chosen from a tree. They're just given automatically as you level, rather than selected manually. All of the extra little perks from the different specs have now been folded into the Utilities section. At 60, you get 7 Utility Points to invest in these different talents. There are 3 tiers of talents, and it looks like you need 2 or 3 points in one tier before you can move up to the next.

- All classes are getting either a defensive or offensive raid utility similar to Inspiration/Bloodthirst or the Sniper/Slinger raid shield. Sorcs/Sages increase everyone's mainstat by 100 for 10 seconds, somebody else's gives 10% alacrity (but Alacrity will actually be useful for everyone now!) for 10 seconds, Inspiration/Bloodthirst is now only +10% damage/healing for 10 seconds, and I don't remember what the other one was that they mentioned. All of the offensive buffs have their own debuff, so you can't use more than one of each, but they can be stacked with each other. They can't be used in arenas.

- Sages/Sorcs get a talent that lets them cast some of their abilities while moving. Looks like a sign that they're making some pretty big changes to combat.

- Alacrity will be more useful. Instead of only decreasing the GCD and cast times, it now also decreases CDs and rate limits, and makes dots tick faster.

Wow, thanks for posting this! I haven't watched the video yet, but now I really really want to!

Watching the stream now...

"Force Mobility" from the top-tier of Lightning --"Thunder-Blast, Innervate, Force-Leech can be cast whilst moving:"

Yes...Yes!...YES!!!!!

(/Me giggles madly)

(Now give the same to Mercs for Barrage'ed Unload plees, kbai <3ulots)

E:

"Blazing Bolts:" /Me giggles madly some more...I'll just stop and watch the rest of the stream now before I plotz from happy excitement :)

E2:

Please don't change the dual-pistol Unload animation, though. It's so iconically badazz, losing it would make me haz a very big sad.

Edited by midianlord

Lol! Well.... Sorcs look great. Can't wait to see the other classes.

I like what I'm seeing so far, but it will really depend on what the devs consider utility and the changes to some of the core abilities. But just in case you didn't get the message... hybrids are dead. The core skills from 2 different trees can't be combined. And... that is fine with me.

Here is a link to the stream in case you missed it in the earlier post: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/575826531

Are these livestreams recorded so that those of us that work during them can view them at a later time? If so, how do I get to these?

On the exact same link than in the opening post. You'll usually have below the "offline" image" a list of recently recorded stream (Highlights). At the momoent today's stream will be the first on that list, logically.

Well first impressions , I liked what I saw and heard. Some of my hybrid stuff is only on my 12 DPS chars and TBH I only chose a few extra skills to increase say endurance or a bit more damage. With myself not PVP'ing then it didn't really matter too much but yeah I can see why this huge change will benefit yourself's ( BW ) and us. I get this is a PVP and PVE game so yeah well done and looking forward to the future ( 4.0 did you say ha ha :p ).

Go for it!

RIP The Skill Tree. The Hybrid will live on though , as my group mates have seen in depths of manaan , I sometimes use an aim stim on my tank's :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

They have never upleveled any other OP, why would they uplevel those? DF/DF tie into the story for Oricon which is level 55. I expect you'll have new OPs and FPs that tie into the new story that will be level 60.

TFB was originally a lv 50 op, and that was made a 55 Op with ROTHC, so actually, yes, they have

"Force Mobility" from the top-tier of Lightning --"Thunder-Blast, Innervate, Force-Leech can be cast whilst moving:"

Oh wow, I've not seen the stream yet and I play a tank, but Sorcs/Sages being able to cast whilst moving is pretty exciting stuff. Making combat more "mobile" has been a big thing on my wish-list for ages, I hope this means that everyone can look forwards to more dynamic combat in the future.

It's been a week since the last livestream. When can we expect the information about another Discipline spec?

I think they said they are going to go back to the regular Friday schedule and try to get through all the Specs by the end of November.

Edited by DarthDymond