3.0: So what's going to happen to the endgame comms?

AlixMV

When 2.0 rolled out, all the previous comms were rolled into 'Classics', and everyone leveling to 55 started at ground zero for the new comm accruals.

Can we get some feedback as to whether or not to anticipate the same with 3.0? It'd be a huge help in terms of deciding what to do with Ultimate/Elite/Basic comms accrued between now and December 2nd or 9th.

When 2.0 rolled out, all the previous comms were rolled into 'Classics', and everyone leveling to 55 started at ground zero for the new comm accruals.

Can we get some feedback as to whether or not to anticipate the same with 3.0? It'd be a huge help in terms of deciding what to do with Ultimate/Elite/Basic comms accrued between now and December 2nd or 9th.

I have the same question, I hope we get an answer before Dec.

I have some alts with 500+ basic comms, do I keep them for the next "classic comm" conversation, or turn them into ISO-5 now.

What about elites and ultimate? If both end up being worth "the same" in the end, I'll hold the elites and spend the ultimate. Unless of course there is a conversation ratio like last time. :)

Thank you for posting this thread. I had joined before Hutt Cartel but hadn't hit the 50s by the time it was coming out so I was unaware of this conversion.

I'm currently at the point where Elites don't mean anything to me but I figured I'd have my Warrior buy my Trooper some weapons/armors with it. If all those comms are going away, I might have to put some thought into having my Warrior buy whatever the trooper needs now.

Edit: Huh. I never noticed that all that stuff is bound when you buy it. I guess I should see what I can outfit my companions with and just call the classics a wash.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns
New knowledge of system.

Alghough the stuff is bound it is possible to extraclt the pieces out of it then put them into a legacy equip and transfer them to an alt (mail or legacy storage). There you can extract it again and then put it into the desired piece. There are only two problems with this. The one is that is impossible to transfer some parts like implants. The other is that extracting parts cost credits. Beside of this it works goos.

Edit: Huh. I never noticed that all that stuff is bound when you buy it. I guess I should see what I can outfit my companions with and just call the classics a wash.

Put mods into your legacy gear and send it to your alt. That's what everyone does ;)