The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's a couple of opening points. Now that I'm relatively free I should have more time to get some points out.

A little on Leadership

The leadership of the GA revolves around cooperation between what were at one time enemies due to the leadership of Pellaeon—the main proponent of peace between the Empire and New Republic. The work he did was furthered by people like bel Iblis during the Vong War. Pellaeon also has a very good relationship with the Jedi Order—compound that with the Rebel love of Jedi and that helps to unify the faction. Tholme is a mastermind of complex plans, a master infiltrator, and worker of intelligence—add to that the fact that he is an unknown to the enemy and his potential for damage goes off the charts. Jaina is the daughter of two rebel heroes, a Jedi, and the wife of Jagged Fel—the man who eventually was proclaimed emperor. If anyone embodies this spirit of cooperation it’s her.

A little on terrain

One of the most important factors in any battle is the terrain. The battlefield for the Kaggath is on an island. The two bases a volcano for the PH and Fort Garnik, which is the islands leading spaceport, for the GA. They are in fairly close proximity to each other, but are separated by a winding path made up of narrow pathways, beaches, and a rocky plain. Other points of interests are several other small towns and Mannett Point. By all appearances this will make any large scale action all but impossible, but if a faction does pursue such an action they will have to overcome the terrain to do so.

The GA will have a much better grasp on the terrain because of Pathfinders and Wilderness Fighters. Compound that with a force that can operate either as a traditional army or equally as well in small groups and the terrain advantage swings in favor of the GA.

OK I'll make two counterpoints of my own.

1. Just as a general argument, when attempting to cause the Alliance to fight amongst each other Lumiya will target the underlings, not leadership, in fact she'll probably avoid leadership knowing until its too late.

2. The terrain is not an issue for the Phantom Hegemony thanks to MTTs, whose capabilities I will outline now.

...the Multi-Troop Transport's bold lines and prodigious size recall heavy jungle-dwelling creatures known for charging their enemy. The MTT follows a similar design strategy, as its heavily armoured fore section can withstand great impacts, allowing it to ram an enemy building, and then unload its carried troops behind enemy lines.

--Star Wars Databank

Thanks to Baktoid, these transports will come fully armed and be used to effectively deploy troops behind enemy lines or otherwise into the thick of combat. It possessed the strongest armour Baktoid had ever made and possessed laser cannons that could one-shot fighters. It could also be upgraded into a more heavily armoured variant.

In battle it would prove an effective battering ram, as well as being able to deploy troops right on top of the enemy making ambushes and other long range tactics ineffective. More than suited to the narrow pathways of Ord Mantell.

EDIT: A squad of Storm Commandos could be dedicated to scouting operations. With reflec and silent speeders they could prove quite effective in this respect, and give the Hegemony an advantage.

Edited by Beniboybling

Am I the only one slightly annoyed that people take units that their force doesn't have from their supplier to cover their weaknesses? (Granted they CAN do that, it just always seems like they receive too much...)
If your referring to my MTTs then I'd point out that as transports they come with the B2s, all my supplier is doing to allowing them to be armed. Secondly, that's kind of in part the purpose of a supplier.

If I didn't have B2s, then you might have a point, but MTTs are so stock they could be allowed by the following:

#119 Each faction will be prequipped by any basic weapons and supplies their supplier and/or organisation can provide e.g. small arms, armor, fighters/transports, elite tech etc. and altogether anything that would be logical to have already armed. What is allowed under this ruling however will ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter.

So yeah, altogether their game. Deal with it. :cool:

If your referring to my MTTs then I'd point out that as transports they come with the B2s, all my supplier is doing to allowing them to be armed. Secondly, that's kind of in part the purpose of a supplier.

If I didn't have B2s, then you might have a point, but MTTs are so stock they could be allowed by the following:

#119 Each faction will be prequipped by any basic weapons and supplies their supplier and/or organisation can provide e.g. small arms, armor, fighters/transports, elite tech etc. and altogether anything that would be logical to have already armed. What is allowed under this ruling however will ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter.

Side Note: Kinda what I was thinking Wolf.

Edited by Silenceo

Wait then Beni, how come Rebel SpecForce can't get their artillery and their own vehicles?
I wasn't aware the Alliance's supplier could supply that.

EDIT: Unfortunately they only produce mining vehicles and military tanks, not artillery.

Edited by Beniboybling

I wasn't aware the Alliance's supplier could supply that.

EDIT: Unfortunately they only produce mining vehicles and military tanks, not artillery.

No I mean the Rebel SpecForce themselves have their own artillery with them, much like SpaceOps had space suits and how SpecForce has jamming tech, various armor suits and the like, they don't need a supplier...isn't that what you said about the B2s and the Transport? They got the transport because they had it? Or am I reading that post wrong?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No I mean the Rebel SpecForce themselves have their own artillery with them, much like SpaceOps had space suits and how SpecForce has jamming tech, various armor suits and the like, they don't need a supplier...isn't that what you said about the B2s and the Transport? They got the transport because they had it? Or am I reading that post wrong?
No that is a reference to this rule:

#57 All ground forces will also come with appropriate transportation for deployment. Though this does not include anything classable as a gunship, and said transportation, be it a vehicle or a starship, cannot under be used in combat in anything other than self-defence.

And thanks to my supplier, they are armed.

Calling BS on this.

Having an MTT is like saying I've got Clone Troopers and should get a Juggernaut.

The MTT's are way too heavily armored to be the standard transport that you'd expect.

Calling BS on this.

Having an MTT is like saying I've got Clone Troopers and should get a Juggernaut.

The MTT's are way too heavily armored to be the standard transport that you'd expect.

But they were the standard transport for the CIS. Juggernauts, were not.

Regardless, with the backing of Baktoid, the Hegemony would most certainly have access to them.

I leave this to Aurbere's discretion

But they were the standard transport for the CIS. Juggernauts, were not.

Regardless, with the backing of Baktoid, the Hegemony would most certainly have access to them.

I leave this to Aurbere's discretion

No they werent, they weren't at all.

Standard was dropship, then any occupying force just used Bases.

Hell, on Malastare for example, they sent hundreds of thousands of droids on foot.

No they werent, they weren't at all.

Standard was dropship, then any occupying force just used Bases.

Hell, on Malastare for example, they sent hundreds of thousands of droids on foot.

If your referring to the Landing Craft then I'd draw attention to the fact they are all loaded with MTTs.

And as we see in the Battle of Naboo, it was routine for battle droids to be deployed in formation once they had reached their destination, and advance. Considering deploying in range could leave them exposed.

Well, since Baktoid provides the MTT, then I see no reason for the Hegemony not to have them.

However, if it isn't the standard transport, then the MTT would appear in limited numbers.

It was how they were transported, if you refer to the EaW you'll see their formation is literally defined by the capacity of these transports. They were not loaded up on a need to basis. Edited by Beniboybling

So 1 thing....the MTT, Beni, dunno where you got it that they can take out starfighters but they can't, no source says this. They are armed with anti personnel blasters, the armor is right though in that it can plow through stuff being thick.
Well, their is no source on Wookieepedia so *shrug*