Remaining equipped through the x12 XP boost

Metthew

x12 XP boost to experience all the class quests at ease is a GREAT idea, since it's limited time, encourages subscriptions, and gets all those people who find planetary quests boring into the action. HOWEVER, there may have been a major oversight in designing the x12 XP boost.

How do we remain equipped through the class quests?

It is usually planetary comms that keep us equipped, earned through one or more of planetary quests, flashpoints and conversions from warzone commendations. With only doing class quests, we will NOT be earing planetary commendations enough to keep us up in terms of gear, LET ALONE OUR COMPANION OF CHOICE.

Possible solutions:

- Pre-order subscriber vendor that gives planetary commendations for 1 credit each. This would allow us to keep all our companion equipped, with level 55 chars being at least full Makeb equipped.

- Bolster for characters and companions through the pre-order window, everywhere. This would be like the Makeb bolster, but would also affect your companions.

Thoughts?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The class quests give gear. If the thought behind the x12 (which this is the first I've read so I need to do research) is to keep you right on par with the levels of the quests through the whole story line, they should gear you perfectly.

The class quests give gear. If the thought behind the x12 (which this is the first I've read so I need to do research) is to keep you right on par with the levels of the quests through the whole story line, they should gear you perfectly.

The class quests can only partially gear you, actually. The rest of the green gear is usually accrued from regular planetary missions, if you wanted to keep geared through missioning.

Edited by Metthew

It looks like it lasts for one week. That is unfortunately short. And one specific week.

I can't believe the only complaint so far was, "But how do I gear?"

EDIT: I have since posting this learned that I msread that part. Seems like it's active from the moment you pre-order. Nice. :)

Edited by DarthTHC

Just suck it up and acquire gear some other way. We're already getting a ridiculous amount of XP and saving a ton of time with this, no need to ask for more.

It depends on the reasoning for the XP boost though. If it is to provide leveling alt chance for people with a few million credits to spare, sure. If it is to provide an opportunity for new players or existing players to see the storylines, we see a problem.

Neither warzone comms intake, nor the planetary comms intake from just the class quests, will be enough to keep yourself geared enough to not die while leveling. If you cannot survive doing your class quests because you're vastly undergeared, then the XP boosts is simply worthless - you still need to spend equal time elsewhere trying to bridge the gap.

You'd need > thousand planetary commendations from level 15 to 50 to be able to keep yourself appropiately geared. Or a LOT of money to buy modifications.

It depends on the reasoning for the XP boost though. If it is to provide leveling alt chance for people with a few million credits to spare, sure. If it is to provide an opportunity for new players or existing players to see the storylines, we see a problem.

Neither warzone comms intake, nor the planetary comms intake from just the class quests, will be enough to keep yourself geared enough to not die while leveling. If you cannot survive doing your class quests because you're vastly undergeared, then the XP boosts is simply worthless - you still need to spend equal time elsewhere trying to bridge the gap.

You'd need > thousand planetary commendations from level 15 to 50 to be able to keep yourself appropiately geared. Or a LOT of money to buy modifications.

Or a little money to buy level-appropriate green gear. That works just fine.

Or a little money to buy level-appropriate green gear. That works just fine.

We will see about that. There WILL be a massive demand increase, and people WILL cash on it with a massive price bump. But new players would not have enough money to buy those...

Oh well. At worst we have to use white gear while leveling /shudder.

It looks like it lasts for one week. That is unfortunately short. And one specific week.

From what I read, it appears that 12x xp on class missions starts immediately if you're a subscriber and you pre-order, and then it ends on December 1st. Where are you seeing the one week thing?

From what I read, it appears that 12x xp on class missions starts immediately if you're a subscriber and you pre-order, and then it ends on December 1st. Where are you seeing the one week thing?

Dulfy's summary. I could have read it wrong. It would be helpful if someone who has pre-ordered could tell us whether or not they're getting the 12x.

The Class Experience Boost is immediately effective for all players with an active subscription status and who have also pre-ordered the Shadow of Revan Digital Expansion during the pre-order period ending December 1, 2014, at 11:59PM PST / December 2, 2014, at 7:59AM GMT.

Yeah, it's definitely for slightly more than a month.

And devs, please respond how you expect us to deal with this ;_;

I was kinda wondering how long it would take for this thread to pop up after folks figured out that they would outlevel gear fast.

Obviously that is the drawback to this perk. You will need to gear your tune from alts or stop after every planet and do FPs till you get gear.

Have lots of credits and buy mods on the galactic market? Or make mods yourself, the only way. I use only full adaptive/custom gear.

Edit: Personally I'm still gonna do planet and side quests, not all of them, though. I just prefer being on the overpowered side, which I will be able to be right now.

Edited by FumikoM

Yeah, it's definitely for slightly more than a month.

And devs, please respond how you expect us to deal with this ;_;

Let me try to summarize the 12X boost:

How you get it: You pre-order the expansion ($19.99)

When it starts: Immediately in game after you pre-order the expansion

When it ends: December 1, 2014

So you have almost two months of this XP boost if you order today.

Hope that helps

Q

Not true, it's effective immediately when you preorder. My level 1 agent went to level 4 after the first class mission, and the one after that is going to give 12k xp...

Let me try to summarize the 12X boost:

How you get it: You pre-order the expansion ($19.99)

When it starts: Immediately in game after you pre-order the expansion

When it ends: December 1, 2014

So you have almost two months of this XP boost if you order today.

Hope that helps

Q

Sorry yeah, it's definitely more two months-ish than one month.

Mixed up my dates because of #excitement.

Well I'd probably have pre-ordered it today but now this is in effect I'll wait.

Please help me understand this sentiment. As a subscriber, you dramatically outlevel content so it doesn't seem plausible that you want the game to be "challenging". So what is it?

Please help me understand this sentiment. As a subscriber, you dramatically outlevel content so it doesn't seem plausible that you want the game to be "challenging". So what is it?

I quite like the journey, not just the destination. But splatting grey enemies in 1 hit soon gets boring.