What mouse do you use?

Nisdain

A4tech Oscar X710 Extra Fire (or something like this). Not the best mouse judging by technology but has a good shape for my hand. Works fine for me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6459160 - if one press of mouse keys will get more than one key strike, it can be a violation of ToS...

(and yes, I know that is stupid).

There's a language called Autohotkey which lets you manually program delays (I know a lot of other config utils do too), and you cna then bind the button to that action. Macros are doable on any mouse that has a few extra buttons - configuration is easier with some or SOME computer programming knowledge (specifically coding auto hot key in this example)

I used to use the G9x, by the way, and it has a very good laser, and a nice ability to customize the weighting. I ultimately wanted more buttons than it could offer. It's really a pure FPS mouse, and my only gripe besides the lack of buttons is that it's a bit on the smallish side, instead of arching up to fill your hand. Still, used it exclusively for over a year back in the day.
I kept the plastic cover on it so it's sizable, and I hold it at maximum weight and 10k DPI. It's fun.

But what mouse is good for you is dependent on your playstyle. Extra weight + high sensitivity means that I can both avoid moving my hand too much on the mousepad (I use my wrist as a pivot, StarCraft habit) AND control my mouse with high precision at ease. This is essential for me, since I avoid TAB targeting in the ground game unless I have one/two opponents on my screen (playing a sniper, picking your target is faster if you click target than if you cycle). And in GSF, keeping my mouse on the targeting reticle is better.

The one button for my thumb is enough (I am not good at using the second one under the thumb), and I am very comfortable with using the regular set of keys - never had a problem with being unable to reach (quickly and precisely). So the mouse is perfect for me, while your mouse I'd find really awkward.

From what you wrote, it must be one damn good mouse when you know what to do with it though.

Edited by Metthew

Logitech Marble Mouse. Not the thumb operated but the one you move with your index and middle finger. I've used it since the early days of EQLive, currently have 2 of them and 1 new in the box in the event they stop making them. It saves space on the desk, doesn't make tons of noise from being shuffled about on the desk, it's simple and accurate so that keeping someone in the cross-hair isn't an impossibility.