The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels

Fuzion_Fire

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Kanan needs to be super rusty. He's a Jedi that hasn't even held a lightsaber for more than a decade, it's completely unreasonable for him to just pick it up and begin to deflect the blasterbolts of a battalion of stormtroopers.

Remember, he was a PADAWAN at the end of Order 66. I don't mind the more "non jedilike" uses of the force, but he should have great difficulty doing Force Powers that the Jedi at the height of their power wouldn't blink twice at.

So yes, I think he's overpowered, at least for what he's supposed to be: a guy who hasn't picked up a lightsaber in 14-15 years and never truly completed his training.

Personally, I think Kanan needs to be super rusty. He's a Jedi that hasn't even held a lightsaber for more than a decade, it's completely unreasonable for him to just pick it up and begin to deflect the blasterbolts of a battalion of stormtroopers.

Remember, he was a PADAWAN at the end of Order 66. I don't mind the more "non jedilike" uses of the force, but he should have great difficulty doing Force Powers that the Jedi at the height of their power wouldn't blink twice at.

So yes, I think he's overpowered, at least for what he's supposed to be: a guy who hasn't picked up a lightsaber in 14-15 years and never truly completed his training.

how do we know he's not touched his lightsaber for more then a decade? did the novel say that?

TBH I thought he would be running around with a blaster, and only use his powers/lightsaber for special special plays. I mean these are the Dark Times, the guy is supposed to be discreet.

I also think his abiliites would be more reasonable if they made him a Knight, but a Padawan?

how do we know he's not touched his lightsaber for more then a decade? did the novel say that?
Apparently he "kept his lightsaber locked away and forsook the Jedi ways for a long time", make of that what you will. Edited by Beniboybling

Don't know if you're there yet guys but, and I'm not even try to enter the Stormtrooper issue(which by the way seemed to kill the first thread) ;

But against the Inquisitor he seems very out of touch and awkward in his Jedi abilities, the same could be said in his way to teachs Ezra in the Ways.

And I admit the corny cheese factor is a dominant factor still, but however, I still claim that their heart is in the right place; there is some comforting irony in there;

When they doing a 'thing' of yodas famous teaching speech to Luke on Dagoba, it shows distance and that they indeed are aware of the fan discussion

I know that stating the latter is like farting in church, but I still claim there's some good in this show

EDIT: Forgetting the obvious, The Holonet, the species Mirialan making yet another appearance And the real topics for us Nerds;

The Inquisitor favors a Form II based fighting teknic while Kanaan, stated by the Inquisitor, favors a 'pure' form III. The knowledge the Inquisitor have of the Jedi Order and such are extensive, I personally feel brings a new dimension of the show and the research made to build the story . . .

EDIT; as for the latest episode 'Breaking Ranks' I feel we're at the first highlights together with the 'Rise of the old Masters', and I must say, the Inquisitor is a step up, even in a brief showing, and there might be more to Agent Kallus then meet the eye . . .

Edited by t-darko

Ya know I just thought of something....but doesn't this show kinda lessen the impact of "A New Hope" ?

I mean here we have a Jedi and a Jedi in training and apparently said group with them is gonna form the Rebel Alliance but....if the Alliance at the start is going to have Jedi involved with them, doesn't it kind of make Luke being a Jedi within the Alliance kind of....a 2nd fiddle?

Thus making the "New Hope" not so....well new?

I mean unless at the end, the whole Ghost crew is gonna just die.

Or break away from the Alliance or separate.....but then that kinda doesn't make sense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya know I just thought of something....but doesn't this show kinda lessen the impact of "A New Hope" ?

I mean here we have a Jedi and a Jedi in training and apparently said group with them is gonna form the Rebel Alliance but....if the Alliance at the start is going to have Jedi involved with them, doesn't it kind of make Luke being a Jedi within the Alliance kind of....a 2nd fiddle?

Thus making the "New Hope" not so....well new?

I mean unless at the end, the whole Ghost crew is gonna just die.

Or break away from the Alliance or separate.....but then that kinda doesn't make sense.

was clone wars any less fun despite knowing almost everyone in the series would be dead shortly after the events in it?

was clone wars any less fun despite knowing almost everyone in the series would be dead shortly after the events in it?

No? But I'm not talking about fun and it's rather different for Rebels, considering we don't know what's gonna happen to this whole cast of characters, whereas for TCW we had a good idea of what would happen to the big parts of the cast.

It just seems...if the Rebel Alliance is gonna have Jedi within their ranks before Luke came about, it's gonna bring up some questions.

Unless of course by the end of the series, they aren't involved with the Alliance but that would seem kinda odd considering what they are doing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No? But I'm not talking about fun and it's rather different for Rebels, considering we don't know what's gonna happen to this whole cast of characters, whereas for TCW we had a good idea of what would happen to the big parts of the cast.

It just seems...if the Rebel Alliance is gonna have Jedi within their ranks before Luke came about, it's gonna bring up some questions.

Unless of course by the end of the series, they aren't involved with the Alliance but that would seem kinda odd considering what they are doing.

It is an interesting thought to be honest, I mean... they kinda have to die lol.

Especially, this being "canon" and all, they want Yoda's words to have some real truth in them.

Maybe the ending will just be vague and non-committal I don't know.

It is an interesting thought to be honest, I mean... they kinda have to die lol.

Especially, this being "canon" and all, they want Yoda's words to have some real truth in them.

Maybe the ending will just be vague and non-committal I don't know.

Eh they don't really have to....but it would certainly be interesting and completely dark considering, having the villains win entirely.

Maybe?....It is the Dark Times.

But yeah, could also end on a vague note.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Any one else catch the Imperial Propaganda guy who said "another successful planetary liberation using the Base Delta Zero initiative" during the Rise of the Old Masters episode? Made my stomach churn. :sul_frown:
Yeah, its interesting how only hardcore fans would get that rather dark humour.

Any one else catch the Imperial Propaganda guy who said "another successful planetary liberation using the Base Delta Zero initiative" during the Rise of the Old Masters episode? Made my stomach churn. :sul_frown:

Hey now, the planet could have had some pirates on it or something. Not every planet has goody goodies on it ya know.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah, I'm sure that's what the Imperial propagandists said. :p

Well considering we don't know what planet, how do we know what was on it? :p Come on now guys, the Empire isn't all bad, are they a questionable government that does questionable and sometimes violent acts?

Yes...but it's stable government and they keep law and order in the galaxy and are also liked by various planets and people.

Well considering we don't know what planet, how do we know what was on it? :p Come on now guys, the Empire isn't all bad, are they a questionable government that does questionable and sometimes violent acts?

Yes...but it's stable government and they keep law and order in the galaxy and are also liked by various planets and people.

That right there is one of the main reasons I love the Empire so much. Before it, the Republic was TERRIBLE at maintaining that sort of thing, and while the GE is indeed brutal and merciless, you can not argue with the end results in these subjects. They had criminals scared out of their minds should they be discovered by an Imperial Fleet.

Base Delta Zero >>>>>>>> Pirate Base

That right there is one of the main reasons I love the Empire so much. Before it, the Republic was TERRIBLE at maintaining that sort of thing, and while the GE is indeed brutal and merciless, you can not argue with the end results in these subjects. They had criminals scared out of their minds should they be discovered by an Imperial Fleet.

Base Delta Zero >>>>>>>> Pirate Base

It's certainly one of if not the most stable government in Star Wars, although none too sure about the New Republic era and all that.

But before the GE, there was infighting, corruption and the like going on all the time going back to all the Old Republic/Sith Empire gov'ts. Not to say that the GE didn't have infighting or corruption, but it was certainly far more stable than the others before it imo.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Empire isn't all bad!? Begawds! The Wolf we know has been replaced by an agent of COMPNOR!

Or maybe he was one all along! :eek::eek::eek:

Edited by Beniboybling

The Empire isn't all bad!? Begawds! The Wolf we know has been replaced by an agent of COMPNOR!

Or maybe he was one all along! :eek::eek::eek:

Nah I've just realized a long time ago, that looking at it...the Empire isn't all bad. It's questionable to be sure, but it's not bad, if anything by looking at it from a different POV. The Rebel Alliance were the bad guys, considering they were rebelling against the galactic government.

It's all how you view it really, but this has been said idk how many times over. But yeah...the Empire is good.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's certainly one of if not the most stable government in Star Wars, although none too sure about the New Republic era and all that.

But before the GE, there was infighting, corruption and the like going on all the time going back to all the Old Republic/Sith Empire gov'ts. Not to say that the GE didn't have infighting or corruption, but it was certainly far more stable than the others before it imo.

Aside from the fact that all power was centralised in a small group of key figures, who upon their deaths lead to the Empire's immediate collapse. The Empire was as stable as Nazi Germany, which for many reasons wasn't that stable.