So now that it appears that subscribers can no longer crit on missions...

ShiningKnights

Well, there are others claiming they HAVE had crits... so are their claims not as valid as the OP's?

that doesnt prove that it is working right(and for the record I do think it is working right)

just that the triggered effect is happening at some point. it could be triggering 1 out of 20 times or 10 times as much as it should. thats not the same as working right.

that doesnt prove that it is working right(and for the record I do think it is working right)

just that the triggered effect is happening at some point. it could be triggering 1 out of 20 times or 10 times as much as it should. thats not the same as working right.

Right. So all the OP really has to do is run a couple hundred thousand missions and track the crit success of each one to get an accurate sample size anyway.

And I love that the tile says it appears that subs can NO LONGER crit on missions. But then his proof is not that he is getting 0 crits, just fewer.

Edited by HelinCarnate

But it does prove that RNG is indeed random... which is what you disputed.

I'm wonder if this is the time to go FTP. The only 2 major drawbacks that I see are no ingame mail and a credit cap limit.

Btw, since you're a sub, you will not go F2P, you will go Preferred to play, which means you can send & receive mail. You just can't mail creds. You can trade creds. And your credit cap will be 350k, instead of 200k.

Right. So all the OP really has to do is run a couple hundred thousand missions and track the crit success of each one to get an accurate sample size anyway.

And I love that the tile says it appears that subs can NO LONGER crit on missions. But then his proof is not that he is getting 0 crits, just fewer.

I did say that I thought there was nothing wrong with the application of the rng. but when you brush off any possibility of there being a problem with the concept that the rng cannot be wrong, you need to show the code. or a statistical analasys(not just "i got one so it must be good"). and suggest he enter a bug report instead of a dramatic forum thread. because even if everyone here agreed with him, it wouldnt change anything, the people that would look into this probably wont even see this thread.

I have seen a player show a statistical analysis in COH. Arcanaville is a math godess and proved the rng on a map was broken. the devs looked and found that she was right(a previous dev got lazy and screwed up) But that kind of thing doesnt happen often.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

But it does prove that RNG is indeed random... which is what you disputed.

no, it doesnt..it proves that some missions crit and some dont. if I put 100 numbers in a bucket from 1 to 50 and 75 of them is the number 2, is that a random sampling? some will be 40 or greater but it will not in any way approach random.

no, it doesnt..it proves that some missions crit and some dont. if I put 100 numbers in a bucket from 1 to 50 and 75 of them is the number 2, is that a random sampling? some will be 40 or greater but it will not in any way approach random.

If they weren't random, you'd see them at a regular interval.

Apparantly the OP doesn't, nor do I or the others that posted here.

Of course there's no way to ever prove that unless you have access to the code, but it certainly looks random to me.

If they weren't random, you'd see them at a regular interval.

Apparantly the OP doesn't, nor do I or the others that posted here.

Of course there's no way to ever prove that unless you have access to the code, but it certainly looks random to me.

It looks random to me too which is why I think the op should file a bug report and go on his way. if it werent random the the drops would happen whenever the code told it to. If I wrote code to have it drop every after 24 fails globally, the 25th guy to run one would get it. it would most likely be a different person each time. not at all random but you wouldnt see that.

When the game first launched. i created an excel sheet the first few weeks to see how worth slicing really was.

you could do something similar and create a column for crits and a column for non-crits. then add up the number of the times you get crits..

but really its probably just the RNG

I have also not noticed a difference in crits lately. Kira had her usual 50-60% crit rate on crafting, and I had multiple rare mat crits last night. (As well as all of last week.) So basically, I haven't seen a change in drop rates.

Caveat: It is theoretically possible that I've been getting fewer schematics, as I don't pay attention to their drop rate since 98% of all schematics I get are vendor trash anyway. If the OP is contending that schematics drop less while everything else has remained the same, I can't disprove his anecdotal evidence with my own anecdotal evidence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.