I hate my sorc healer

KiranK

All the mobs? Are we talking about healing during trash mob pulls?

This was in reference to boss fights where you cannot knock back a boss. Not using force wave is just playing the class wrong. It is needed if you are going to do the high end content. Im not talking about sm that any competent healer can solo heal, I mean the nightmare stuff..

No I was not talking about operations at all. I rarely do operations. Alas, not enough time to give to play. I'm on about the FPs, trash, etc. My point what that telling a healer who is new to sorc healz (OP), and who is looking for advice, to use overload on CD is something that needed to be qualified. But now that is done, and that's what this forum is for! Well done all.;)

Jesus... learn to play. Force management issues on a sorc healer? Really? Its called consumption. Use it now and again. Stand in your aoe, bubble yourself, ask your partner healer to heal you when you consume, Multiple ways to heal and keep your health and force up. As for healing, the aoe is immense, don't ask your group to stand in it, insist that they do whenever possible and practicable. Use resurgence on the tank, cast innervate on whoever needs it, then consume, use bubbles liberally, especially if someone is taking alot of damage, it gives you the time to get a big heal off. Then resurgence on the tank, innervate on whoever needs it then consume. Don't bother with dark heal, it may be quick these days but still rapes your force, not worth it. It looks like 3.0 will improve this by making dark heal free aswell as instant. For now though ignore it.

I havent tried merc heals yet but a sorc healer in my opinion is similar in healing output yet much easier to play than an operative healer. Operatives can parse bigger heal numbers than a sorc by spamming kolto probe, but this reduces effective healing drastically. Operatives lack a bubble which makes things trickier getting off that big heal in time, you have to be more aware of the fight and the situation to be effective.

Claiming sorcs are underpowered as healers is rubbish, force problems are a L2P issue, not a sorc healer issue.

Don't bother with dark heal, it may be quick these days but still rapes your force, not worth it. It looks like 3.0 will improve this by making dark heal free aswell as instant. For now though ignore it.

Dark Heal is already instant and free. The last class patch added the buff. I don't think the skill is going to get directly changed.

sorc healers are garbage, plain and simple.
This is false. Correctly played, the sorc will out-preform the other two healing classes in most 8v8 fights, and in most 8v8 PvP situations. the issue is the people who play sorc healers are garbage, plain and simple. every class has its bads but I'd be willing to bet that the sorc has a greater majority of them. hence, this thread.

We have far too few good healing buttons.
Static Barrier is probably the best instant heal in game. Not to mention its low cost. 6500-7000 a bubble in BiS PvE (depending on your power to crit ratio) for 35 force and it's spammable. The only sorc heal that equals it in terms of heal/force is Revivification on 3+ targets.

The "buff" we recieved in 2.10 was a joke. It makes a button I never press now instant-cast. Too bad it's still a force hog that heals for practically nothing. You've only compounded my force issues.
The buff we got was actually pretty nice. It makes a button you should have been using in "oh-****" situations now instant and therefore non-interruptable healing and useable on the move! With Consumption not triggering the GCD if one hits that and then Dark Heal then over the past GCD one would have generated 52 force (PvE Consumption) or 48 force (PvP Consumption) plus and additional 12-13 force from your base force regen (depending on your alacrity) for a grand total of about 64-65 in PvE or 60-61 in PvP. Meanwhile you'd have spent 60 for Dark Heal meaning a gain of 4-5 force or 0-1 force. In essence, Dark Heal combined with Consumption is a free heal. So they've not only given us an instant, but it's also free. And technically, Dark Heal has higher HPS than Dark Infusion.

Healing puddle is too situational. Many fights involve people being spread out to avoid area damage. Well, that also makes them avoid area healing.
I agree the puddle is situational, but not too situational. All you really need is to get 33+ ticks per cast for it to be force effective. If looking at the flow of the fight and making a judgement call on where that revivification is going to get the most ticks off is too tough for you, then yes I can see your complaint as being valid. But it also begs the question, what are you doing playing a healer in the first place? If your raid group is spreading out too much, it's ok to pipe up and say "hey, you shouldn't stand in stupid but you also don't need to run that far away." It's just not that difficult to place it down.

My other heal is far too slow. Someone's liable to die before it ever goes off.
Yeah, Dark Infusion's slow, but unless you start the cast when your target is at 10% health, it's going to get off before he/she dies, and it's relatively easy on the force. It's also one of the few casted heals capable of critting for 12-14k. One should definitely pair it with Static Barrier, however, because of it longerish cast.

That leaves me with two reliable, single target heal buttons, resurgence and innervate.
The only thing resurgence is reliable for is force bending. Innervate is indeed a very nice heal.

Well, cool downs are a b**ch. So is channeling. A little launch from Grobthrok, an AoE under your feet, or anything that requires you to move puts innervate on CD without getting the full heal off.
They have relatively short CDs, and Sorcs have so many other tools to do in between that it's a non-issue. One of said tools being your Static Barrier (seeing a pattern here?) Your example of Grob'thok is a poor one because you can see his animation before his knock-up and it calls your name if you get the fire under your feet. If you start a cast anyway thinking you're gonna get away with it, that's on you, not the class. In moments of movement we have enough instants to see us through until we're able to sit and cast. You could use the time to set up a Force Bent Innervate, or Barrier a few people, or use your free AoE heal.

Not to mention the two good spells only maximize their effect if used on the same target.
The fact you think this is how Force Bending works makes me sad.

Wow, I can heal one person for a lot. Watch the operative heal THE ENTIRE RAID for the same amount in about the same time. It's just unfair.
I was on par with or out parsing our Operative Healer on all fights. We were successfully healing NM DP pre-nerf progression, so it wasn't a fact that he's a bad player, he's probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of working with.

No nightmare team wants me, and why should they?
With this attitude it's no wonder no one wants you.

Double operative = win. Operative + merc = win. Sorc + anything = gimp. The math doesn't lie.
Math doesn't lie, but if you start with the wrong integers and plug them into the wrong formula you will get a wrong solution. Good healer + Good healer = successful raid night.

Guess I'll start leveling again.
Can't wait to hear about your complaints about w/e other class you pick next. People always are more willing to blame the class than themselves for their failures.

Dark Heal is already instant and free. The last class patch added the buff. I don't think the skill is going to get directly changed.

Dark heal isn't free, used in conjunction with consumption it can be made free, but I generally consume after innervate to avoid force regen debuffs. Dark heal I find very situational, when someone is low on health, bubble > dark infusion, is prefereable to dark heal > consumption. When bubble cant be used because of its debuff then dark heal becomes an option.

Looking at the sorc discipline's shown, dark heal is being made instant and free, which will improve it's usefulness.

The level 59 passive, Dark Concentration shows this. However the current dark heal buff, Penetrating Darkness is still there at level 40, so I suspect this will be changed before December.

So you say to someone who is basically saying "I'm bad" that "with this attitude it's no wonder no-one wants you" ?

So, tell me, then, why should a group want someone who says that he is bad ? Give me solid arguments.

You seem to think we're on opposite sides of this discussion when, in reality, we are in agreement. If someone just gives up on trying to improve and excuses it by saying "I'm bad" then he or she does not deserve to raid, and no group will want him or her. But regardless of one's skill, if he or she is willing to at least learn and attempt to get better then groups would be more willing to try him or her out for a while and see how it goes.