Just returned... should I wait gearing up till 3.0?

Schuft

Hey everyone,

so a couple of weeks ago I decided to give SWToR another try. Had not played for years but the fun really got me again. So during the last few weeks I tried different chars to get a feeling for the game again, ran every Flashpoint and Operation I could get my hands on and leveled my two highest characters to 55.

Now with 3.0 on the horizon I was wondering... I just started gearing up my Sage and my Operative, they both are in 162s to 168s . But before I put too much effort into gearing up I was wondering. I really don't want to put all my time into getting new 168 to 180 gear only to find out that it's outdated two weeks later because of the new levelcap. Am I seeing that wrong? Or will there be not such a big difference?

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

so a couple of weeks ago I decided to give SWToR another try. Had not played for years but the fun really got me again. So during the last few weeks I tried different chars to get a feeling for the game again, ran every Flashpoint and Operation I could get my hands on and leveled my two highest characters to 55.

Now with 3.0 on the horizon I was wondering... I just started gearing up my Sage and my Operative, they both are in 162s to 168s . But before I put too much effort into gearing up I was wondering. I really don't want to put all my time into getting new 168 to 180 gear only to find out that it's outdated two weeks later because of the new levelcap. Am I seeing that wrong? Or will there be not such a big difference?

Thanks.

Welcome back! :D

Anyways, you might as well gear up to 180s. Ultimate comms (used to buy the 180 gear) have been fairly easy to get ever since BW made it that you get 30 for doing an Operation in groupfinder. Plus, with the ultimate comms you get from the weekly, it shouldn't take you that long to get enough to get a full set.

As for min/maxing and augmenting your gear, I suggest you wait. Min/maxing can take a long time (if you are new to it) and augmenting can end up being really costly.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

The new expansion will no doubt have higher gear levels, but there's nothing wrong with updating your gear levels now. Just don't spend a huge amount of credits on it - mostly just do FPs and OPs for comms, don't spend millions buying stuff from the GTN.

Most likely, when the expansion comes out, the lesser gear (162, 168, 180) will become easier to get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.