The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The cost of Slicing Missions on GTN

Mariojediwookie

I really don't understand the cost of Slicing missions being sold on the GTN. On my server it's being sold for 100k......say what? Then I go look at what Augments are selling for, 70k. I didn't notice this until I've run into a drought with my slicing missions only returning investigation and treasure hunting missions for the past week.

Hell if I knew the missions sold for 100k I wouldn't even have been crafting the augments then. Is this typical? I guess its good because I am leveling up 7 toons to be my slicing slaves.

"Free market economy."

Prices are determined solely by the seller. Without knowing anything about your server and that market, I have no idea whether or not the prices are reasonable or not.

But it may be that the sellers there do know the market and know that people will buy for that price. In that, it would be a case of "priced at what the market will bear". If not, then the price will self-correct.

Doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, it just is.

The problem is that slicing missions are the rarest of all the discovered missions. So, they are highly prized, hence their value.

But I disagree that sellers determine pricing. Yes, a seller can post an item at whatever price they want, but if that price is too high, then buyers won't buy (sorry for the rhyme :)).

In addition, in this time of conquests, mission selling has declined (more players are using the missions they get rather than selling them) so supply is even lower than normal (NOTE: the most common discovered mission is Investigation, and even they have doubled in GTN value)

"Free market economy."

Prices are determined solely by the seller..

Well, actually the price is determined by the buyer. A seller can post anything at any price, but it only becomes actual if someone buys. You can post a million items for a specific price and it doesn't mean squat if no one buys it.