The Official Unofficial Shadow of Revan 3.0 DIscussion thread

ZionHalcyon

You have to better understand how P.R. works.

It was the best possible damage-control move they could have made, ahead of an actual announcement, and puts the focus and discussion back on them rather than on the people mining things.

It's a shrewd move.

hmmm I see. Shrewd indeed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some weird reason I am suspecting Dathomir to show up, too. Revan working with the witches?

At least the most recent version of the Lore states that the witches weren't on Dathomir yet at the time of TOR.

As much as I'd love to see that planet, setting, and story, officially* the witches arrived at 600 BBY. There's no noted civilization on Dathomir until 3000 BBY (about 600 years in the future, for SWTOR), and even then its not anything that was worth talking about. Besides that... just a whole bunch of rancors.

* : Of course, that's all based on 'Legends' material now, so Bioware/Lucasarts could very well do their own thing and put the witches there far earlier than previously established. After all, that was the whole point of the Legends edict.

meh, not a Revan fan, and he already has a cult a quest chain and 2 fps dedicated to him.

Now he is going to be the end boss in a op.

I wish they would have gone in some other direction.

Inaccurate.

He has four flashpoints dedicated to him, in some shape or form, all of them being part of the Jedi Prisoner or Call to Arms quest chains.

He also has that thing on Nar Shaddaa pertaining the Infinite Engine, in addition to the Revanites chain quest I assume you were referring to.

Still not enough. MOARRRRR Raven be required for da masses. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yavin 4 is a moon and Dantooine is unlikely.

A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient can know that Yavin IV is a moon.

But I also doubt Dantooine... But due to its significance to the KOTORs alone I'd consider it a possibility. Perhaps the Revanites are visiting the old Enclave to raid old artifacts. Ultimately, we don't know.

A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient can know that Yavin IV is a moon.

But I also doubt Dantooine... But due to its significance to the KOTORs alone I'd consider it a possibility. Perhaps the Revanites are visiting the old Enclave to raid old artifacts. Ultimately, we don't know.

I'd be surprised by Dantooine

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Having completed 8 of these stories, I can't remember anyone saying we are now in open war. Although I don't play the game for the story. I play the game to play the game.

Were at full War Now, the devs themselves have stated that the Republic has won a lot of things since the War started, as the Imperials have got some thing, but mainly lost what they were trying to get like Makeb. Plus the Imperials and the Republic destroyed the Dread Masters. I don't know how any1 can think that were not at Full War, when that's what we have had since we first played the game, and when it first came out. Only ppl that are blind and probably can't hear think that the War hasn't started.

I could say a lot more of who is winning and not, along with other things. But I don't want to be the person Spoiling stuff. Some1 else can do that

Having completed 8 of these stories, I can't remember anyone saying we are now in open war. Although I don't play the game for the story. I play the game to play the game.

The imperial agent chapter 3 beginning and Trooper chapter 2 end also say hi

I have a reputation to keep. I have to make public appearances, so people know I'm not horribly dead.

I noticed you said 2 planets now instead of 3...

Yep, due to certain things I won't mention until officially announced, I think that there will be 2 planets.

Just my underinformed opinion.

Riddle me this, TOR community.

If we stopped the Infinite Army (much faster than I expected?), who exactly will we be fighting? I know it's going to be the Revanites, but I mean... Who will be their soldiers? I can understand Revan being worth defecting for, but I wouldn't have thought so many soldiers would fight for him. In the Empire I guess it makes sense- One Sith Lord follows Recan and he brings his troopers with him. But in the Republic...?

We saw a few Jedi on Lehon, but their certainly couldn't be too many more of them... Could there?

Just my thinking, here. I honestly expected to be wading through Infinite soldiers on 3.0's planet, up until Legends of the Rakata.

(for those who still don't get what I'm implying, compare Shadow of Revan to Rise of the Hutt Cartel- On Makeb we were fighting the Hutts and their army of Regulators, on (Yavin IV?) we will be fighting Revanites and their army of ____.)

Riddle me this, TOR community.

If we stopped the Infinite Army (much faster than I expected?), who exactly will we be fighting? I know it's going to be the Revanites, but I mean... Who will be their soldiers? I can understand Revan being worth defecting for, but I wouldn't have thought so many soldiers would fight for him. In the Empire I guess it makes sense- One Sith Lord follows Recan and he brings his troopers with him. But in the Republic...?

We saw a few Jedi on Lehon, but their certainly couldn't be too many more of them... Could there?

Just my thinking, here. I honestly expected to be wading through Infinite soldiers on 3.0's planet, up until Legends of the Rakata.

(for those who still don't get what I'm implying, compare Shadow of Revan to Rise of the Hutt Cartel- On Makeb we were fighting the Hutts and their army of Regulators, on (Yavin IV?) we will be fighting Revanites and their army of ____.)

The infinite soldiers were modified versions of people who were volunteers already. They were not brainwashed ala Mentor in Directive 7, they were zealots for the cause.

Just because they aren't now infused with Rakata technology doesn't make them any less the zealot for the cause.

The infinite soldiers were modified versions of people who were volunteers already. They were not brainwashed ala Mentor in Directive 7, they were zealots for the cause.

Just because they aren't now infused with Rakata technology doesn't make them any less the zealot for the cause.

Jacarro was captured for the sole reason of experimenting on, correct?

But that wasn't exactly my point; I more meant if those who volunteered to be made into the perfect army are now dead, the Revanites now lack soldiers. Before they had the advantage of "immortality" over sheer numbers. So now who will we fight? Theorize.

Jacarro was captured for the sole reason of experimenting on, correct?

But that wasn't exactly my point; I more meant if those who volunteered to be made into the perfect army are now dead, the Revanites now lack soldiers. Before they had the advantage of "immortality" over sheer numbers. So now who will we fight? Theorize.

You don't need to theorize.

By the end of the flashpoint, Theron claims that several Capital-sized ships are dropping from hyperspace; Just before that,

Also, there's

:

My followers are Legion. My ranks grow every hour, as more and more people see the truth of the Galaxy.

You're overcomplicating it needlessly. The game already provided you with the answers.

EDIT:

It's Jakarro BTW.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

"Shadow(s)" could mean there's an unseen force behind Revan ie he's being possessed or it's not actually him.

I heard rumors of the Nightsisters, or whatever they're named in this era, being part of 3.0 and they could be that unseen force.

"Shadow(s)" could mean there's an unseen force behind Revan ie he's being possessed or it's not actually him.

I heard rumors of the Nightsisters, or whatever they're named in this era, being part of 3.0 and they could be that unseen force.

If that was the case, then the expansion wouldn't be called "Shadow OF Revan" but something else instead. He's the one casting the Shadow, NOT other people -- presumably -- casting their Shadow over him.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If that was the case, then the expansion wouldn't be called "Shadow OF Revan" but something else instead. He's the one casting the Shadow, NOT other people -- presumably -- casting their Shadow over him.

"Of" could mean either. Like when articles say shadow government or a shadow operative trailing a target. Shadow of Revan aka Puppeteer of Revan, Revan's Manipulator. Of course this all assumes that post-release BW is clever enough to write some non-hammy intrigue.

Edited by Projawa