The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding telekinetic/mental momentum

Petvin

A small suggestion. I am far from the most experienced sage out there.

That said i think a way to bring tele sage up to par in the pve dps department would be to increase the second attack chance of telekinetic and mental momentum up to ca 50%. They need to be more reliable.

Edited by Petvin

That would be an extremely nice change, and an enormous boost in DPS, but I'm not sure it's really warranted. TK is already at a point where it's straight-up better than Balance on a majority of the NiM fights (though three and a half of those fights you could do basically just as well in Balance, leaving only two encounters where TK categorically out-classes Balance). Buffing its DPS would start to marginalize balance, and would certainly marginalize other classes (like Saboteur Slingers).

Honestly, I think TK is in a pretty solid place right now.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

And i guess it must be comparable to marksman/gunslinger and Arsenal/Gunnery damagewise too. But the the sheer time that can go without a proc is maddening.

Knowing that a chunk of your damage can come twice in a row or not come for 20 uses without any way to affect it.

It is like old Cof/Barrage. But not as crippling when it don't proc.

How would it be if it was a fixed chance for them to proc every third use? (Mind crush every third tic). Instead of the % chance

Edited by Petvin

And i guess it must be comparable to marksman/gunslinger and Arsenal/Gunnery damagewise too. But the the sheer time that can go without a proc is maddening.

Knowing that a chunk of your damage can come twice in a row or not come for 20 uses without any way to affect it.

It is like old Cof/Barrage. But not as crippling when it don't proc.

How would it be if it was a fixed chance for them to proc every third use? (Mind crush every third tic). Instead of the % chance

Or why do we even care??? Except for Mental Alacrity, nothing depends of TK/Mental Momentum. It isn't a rotationnal proc, just a nice on top of the rotation proc.