Assassin Tank

Coolrockski

I have found very little about the Darkness Assassin on youtube and in the forums (for PVP). I know Assassin is hard to play and "pros only" type of thing. But the Assassin tank looks pretty fun and you don't nave to stealth to do everything. Can someone explain the playstyle and if it is worth trying for PVP newbie?

I have tried most classes in lowbie PVP, based on advice from this forum and youtube, but interested in trying this one out.

I have found very little about the Darkness Assassin on youtube and in the forums (for PVP). I know Assassin is hard to play and "pros only" type of thing. But the Assassin tank looks pretty fun and you don't nave to stealth to do everything. Can someone explain the playstyle and if it is worth trying for PVP newbie?

I have tried most classes in lowbie PVP, based on advice from this forum and youtube, but interested in trying this one out.

Currently it does not worth it. Some specs are not good enough for PvP and some not for PvE. There is a lot of discussion and imo thats the bottom line.

Edited by Aetideus

The main advantage of of stealth is being able to surprise people and burst them down before help can arrive. Darkness can't do that, so stealth in that spec isn't very useful outside of travelling alone on battlefields. On top of that it's very squishy, has the least amount of mobility, and has the worst troubles when controlling a crowd of players. Madness and deception have been buffed while darkness has been heavily ignored for PVP. 3.0 will probably do something with the spec, and we can only hope that it will be enough.

it works with active mitigation building, via stacks and procs to make the bulding faster. it has more cd than vanguard/pt and less than guardian/jugg.

for regs, and i think this is the op's case, it's perfectly viable. just remember to follow your usual rotation as possible during heavy damage moments. the rest of the time enjoy the stealth part and the tank utilities

Since I PUG and really don't have a guild yet, I have read in various threads the more independent nature of sin tanks. I know a good group is needed to have any real success, but I would like to at least have fun and contribute something. I am also trying to think long term like..what can I eventually take a ranked match and enjoy the character/playstyle, sin tank or healer sorc?

I used my cartel coins to buy the new +41 power crystal and was hoping to use it with my toon once reaching level 10 (which I PVP right away, PVE boring to me).

Since I PUG and really don't have a guild yet, I have read in various threads the more independent nature of sin tanks. I know a good group is needed to have any real success, but I would like to at least have fun and contribute something. I am also trying to think long term like..what can I eventually take a ranked match and enjoy the character/playstyle, sin tank or healer sorc?

I used my cartel coins to buy the new +41 power crystal and was hoping to use it with my toon once reaching level 10 (which I PVP right away, PVE boring to me).

Check the Class forum. Hybrid is better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.