3.0 Vengeance

Bare-Giin

Yeah agreed. This class has WAY too many talents. that are good / wanted / necessary.

So instead lets go to what was already discussed in another thread. These changes are meant for pre 3.0, but doubtful we will see anything before then. But they would still be good additions for the xpac.

Keening: Increases DoT damage by 10% (instead of 9%).

Sundering Throw (Rename): Same reduced CD, useable between 0-30 meters (removed the armor debuff)

Burning Purpose:Overhead Slash sets target ablaze for 2XXX for 6 Seconds (DoT damage near PB)

Burning Blade: Blade Storm sets target ablaze for 2XXX for 6 Seconds (DoT damage near PB)

Narrowed Focus: Increased AOE damage reduction by 30% along with current state of tier ability.

Each change to DoT damage decreases our reliance on MS/ravage. The change to sundering throw forces a change to the set bonus by incorporating the 2 piece into theskill tree. And the AOE reduction is something we lack in comparison to the other tank/dps classes. I'd also like to see a change to ED/FD, not entirely sure what to, because it is rather dumb having a cooldown that OP.

And for 3.0 when they expand the tree, I'd like to see a utility in the lines of:

I like the idea of adding Riposte into the rotation. I personally use it for dailies and such since it only becomes active after defecting an attack. However, I never see it become active in a raid. Maybe incorporate it as a free ability with a slightly longer CD from the skill tree. Of course, this along with keeping it as is with ignoring the GCD.

This would be a long shot, but I kind of think it would be beneficial to include a possible utility off Riposte if they went this route. Something like "places debuff on target that increases armor penetration by X% for X Seconds". This would be a DPS gain for the raid and ourselves.

This would a mild form of BT for us.

Keening: Increases DoT damage by 10% (instead of 9%).

Sundering Throw (Rename): Same reduced CD, useable between 0-30 meters (removed the armor debuff)

Burning Purpose:Overhead Slash sets target ablaze for 2XXX for 6 Seconds (DoT damage near PB)

Burning Blade: Blade Storm sets target ablaze for 2XXX for 6 Seconds (DoT damage near PB)

Narrowed Focus: Increased AOE damage reduction by 30% along with current state of tier ability.

I like these changes, except for giving up the armour reduction on Saber Throw. It's very often I'm the only one in our ops group with any armour reduction, and having the ability to apply it by two abilities and from range is invaluable. I wouldn't be happy giving up the little raid utility we have. Instead, I'd rather the "Sundering Throw" talent be kept as it is, and have them change Saber Throw to 0-30m baseline.

As for the set bonus change, I'd love if they made Combat Focus an offensive cd. Something along the lines of Zen for sents. "Activating Combat focus increases all damage dealt by X for Y seconds".

I like these changes, except for giving up the armour reduction on Saber Throw. It's very often I'm the only one in our ops group with any armour reduction, and having the ability to apply it by two abilities and from range is invaluable. I wouldn't be happy giving up the little raid utility we have. Instead, I'd rather the "Sundering Throw" talent be kept as it is, and have them change Saber Throw to 0-30m baseline.

As for the set bonus change, I'd love if they made Combat Focus an offensive cd. Something along the lines of Zen for sents. "Activating Combat focus increases all damage dealt by X for Y seconds".

That's a lot of emphasis on 2 points by not giving something up for sunder in throw. Adding in the 0-30 meters, that would be 3 talents added to saber throw via 2 points. I don't see them doing that. But that set bonus would be nice, but I don't think they'd give us 2 damage increases from the set bonus. More likely, they would bring back the decreases cd of cf.

That's a lot of emphasis on 2 points by not giving something up for sunder in throw. Adding in the 0-30 meters, that would be 3 talents added to saber throw via 2 points. I don't see them doing that. But that set bonus would be nice, but I don't think they'd give us 2 damage increases from the set bonus. More likely, they would bring back the decreases cd of cf.

I meant keep the talent as is now, and make it baseline on the ability. That way all 3 specs get 0-30m Saber Throw, and Vig keeps it's armour reduction. Fair point about the set bonus changes, but I'd prefer if they changed it so Combat Focus changed into a offensive cd so maybe they could the 4pc bonus into something else. Something like "Increases the channel speed of Masterstrike by 50%". That would be the ****!

I meant keep the talent as is now, and make it baseline on the ability. That way all 3 specs get 0-30m Saber Throw, and Vig keeps it's armour reduction. Fair point about the set bonus changes, but I'd prefer if they changed it so Combat Focus changed into a offensive cd so maybe they could the 4pc bonus into something else. Something like "Increases the channel speed of Masterstrike by 50%". That would be the ****!

Yeah we talked about that in the other thread, but came to the conclusion it would be rather OP 9 the tank side with focus generation. And while decreasing the cast time of MS sounds good, I think it would ruin the flow of our rotation forcing us to use slash or waste force rush stacks which was also discussed in the other thread lol. But I'd imagine that would be a good pvp set bonus.

Yeah we talked about that in the other thread, but came to the conclusion it would be rather OP 9 the tank side with focus generation. And while decreasing the cast time of MS sounds good, I think it would ruin the flow of our rotation forcing us to use slash or waste force rush stacks which was also discussed in the other thread lol. But I'd imagine that would be a good pvp set bonus.

If that was the PVP set bonus, we'd be hella OP.

One of the main counters to a guardian is knocking Master Strike off at the tail end of unstoppable.

If they want to change our rotation as minimally as possible while still buffing us, the only place to do it would be our DoTs. Our DoTs, after all, are still cleansable so in PVP it won't be a GIGANTIC problem...

Any of the Jugg theorycrafters have theories on what the utilities will be now that they've announced that our skill trees have been mulched?

For those who ignored the home page / launcher / email blitz yesterday : Introduction to Disciplines

I don't know what theorycrafters have to do with that, they can't apply math to predict the future or Bioware's thinking :p

Anyway I think some of these will make as utilities:

-Warmonger

-Crushing Fists

-Force Grip

-Sonic Wall

-Thrown Gauntlet

-Unyielding

-Overwhelm

-Sheeting Hatred

-Sundering Throw

-Payback

-Oppressor

• 2 weeks later...
One Thing we definetely Need is a passive 30% AoE dmg reduction. Compared to marauders or powertechs juggernauts are sub-par again in every aspect of the game. as a heavy armor wearing class i see no sense in us taking more sustained dmg than a medium armor wearing class. uuuhm one Thing i'd like to know: is it forbidden to spread datamined stuff (not by myself but by a well known reddit user^^) in These Forums so we can talk about some 'facts'? to summerize things up: The datamined Facts render juggernauts as one of the worst (if not THE worst) dps classes in pve (again). Edited by KimuRave

One Thing we definetely Need is a passive 30% AoE dmg reduction. Compared to marauders or powertechs juggernauts are sub-par again in every aspect of the game. as a heavy armor wearing class i see no sense in us taking more sustained dmg than a medium armor wearing class. uuuhm one Thing i'd like to know: is it forbidden to spread datamined stuff (not by myself but by a well known reddit user^^) in These Forums so we can talk about some 'facts'? to summerize things up: The datamined Facts render juggernauts as one of the worst (if not THE worst) dps classes in pve (again).

I've mentioned that we should have that AOE reduction in the other thread we've had going for a while here. It's a lot to catch up on if you read from the beginning, but there are some solid ideas floating in there. As for the "leaked" data, Rydarus said that its probably not a good idea because of the possibility of a ban right after my last post in that thread I linked.

Edited by veSev

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.