New Guardian Tank Gear Mod Question

sonny

Hey guys,

I have recently picked this game back up and am leveling a tank jedi guardian. I'm only about lv26 and so far had no issues tanking any flahpoints I've done. However, as I upgrade my gear mods, should I still keep focusing on Guardian mods?

I've read somewhere on the forum that I need to balance out endurance with strength, but the guardian mods are high endurance and low strength so I was going to start mixing them up to get a good balance. I want to be ready as I start doing some of these harder flashpoints. Is it even worth worrying about at this point?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by sonny

As a tank, the most important stats are your mitigation ones (Defense, Shield and Absorb Ratings), with Endurance following behind. Strength (and Power) affect your damage output and consequently your threat generation, so they are much less important. So:

Defense Rating, Shield Rating, Absorb Rating > Endurance > Strength & Power

The reason why some may consider Strength and Power to be useful for Juggernaut/Guardian tanks, other than threat generation, is the fact that they contribute to the Sonic Barrier shield generated from the use of Force Scream (you gain this ability from the Immortal tree). This ability absorbs a moderate amount of damage which is dependent on your "Bonus Healing":

Sonic Barrier

Force Scream has a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Sonic Barrier, which absorbs a moderate amount of damage. Lasts 10 seconds.

Bonus Healing (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.14

Bonus Healing (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.17

Bonus Healing (from power) = Power * 0.17

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing for you.

Happy tanking :)

Edited by Horano_Heresy

As a tank, the most important stats are your mitigation ones (Defense, Shield and Absorb Ratings), with Endurance following behind. Strength (and Power) affect your damage output and consequently your threat generation, so they are much less important. So:

Defense Rating, Shield Rating, Absorb Rating > Endurance > Strength & Power

The reason why some may consider Strength and Power to be useful for Juggernaut/Guardian tanks, other than threat generation, is the fact that they contribute to the Sonic Barrier shield generated from the use of Force Scream (you gain this ability from the Immortal tree). This ability absorbs a moderate amount of damage which is dependent on your "Bonus Healing":

Bonus Damage (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.2

Bonus Damage (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.23

Bonus Damage (from power) = Power * 0.17

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing for you.

Happy tanking :)

You got something a little wrong:

Bonus damage from power is the same as bonus damage from force/tech power. However, Bonus HEALING is what you said bonus damage is.

Bonus healing is:

Power and Tech Power: 0.17 (x1.05 for Knight buff) bonus healing per point

Strength: 0.14 (x1.05 for Consular Buff, x1.05 for Knight Buff, multiplicative. Consular buff is additive with strength bonus in skill tree) bonus healing per point.

Note: When I say per point for Strength, I mean per point on the gear.

Edited by TACeMossie

You got something a little wrong:

Bonus damage from power is the same as bonus damage from force/tech power. However, Bonus HEALING is what you said bonus damage is.

Bonus healing is:

Power and Tech Power: 0.17 (x1.05 for Knight buff) bonus healing per point

Strength: 0.14 (x1.05 for Consular Buff, x1.05 for Knight Buff, multiplicative. Consular buff is additive with strength bonus in skill tree) bonus healing per point.

Note: When I say per point for Strength, I mean per point on the gear.

Thanks for the correction :)

I realised that I had pasted the formulae for Bonus Damage instead of Bonus Healing, I've corrected it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for all the info. I'll make sure to prioritize the other stats before endurance and strength. What I've done so far is put might mods into 2 pieces on my gear and guardian mods into everything else. I didn't come across any defense or shield rating mods but I will start using them as soon as they become available.

Thanks again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.