The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW Rebels: Spark of Rebellion

DarthDymond

Major lawls! It just ain't working out for you is it? Bet you love TCW now, right right?

Everyone loves TCW now right!?

Well we've done this before Beni. So what season do you predict I'll change my mind by?

As for TCW, still not my favorite but I like it a lot more than I did from season 3 onward.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't care for it. Probably because I spent money to see it, hoping it would be pretty good. I did not care for it very much.
Fair enough, not gonna lie for a movie I remember being a little disappointed, but they would have made good episodes, and I don't think this pilot episode would be any more impressive in a theater.

Well we've done this before Beni. So what season do you predict I'll change my mind by?

As for TCW, still not my favorite but I like it a lot more than I did from season 3 onward.

Don't get me wrong, your complaints are warranted. But if you hate this show more than TCW then you must be flinging objects at the TV. :p I am though hoping that this show will at least increase TCW appreciation.

Don't get me wrong, your complaints are warranted. But if you hate this show more than TCW then you must be flinging objects at the TV. :p I am though hoping that this show will at least increase TCW appreciation.

It does, oh god it does :p

And I restrained myself, the scene with Kallus on the rooftops with the walkers patrolling around placated me. The space battle was sorta neat too. It had enough decent stuff to keep me from rampant destruction.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Fair enough, not gonna lie for a movie I remember being a little disappointed, but they would have made good episodes, and I don't think this pilot episode would be any more impressive in a theater.

It certainly wouldn't have.

There's only so much Steve Blum can do, and making this episode great was not one of them.

Major lawls! It just ain't working out for you is it? Bet you love TCW now, right right?

Everyone loves TCW now right!?

EH, To me Clone wars is 50% good 15% GREAT and 35% absolute SHLOCK. I have seen it all the way through a few times now and can still see major flaws in TCW's and some of its changes still upset me more then the ones in the little bit o Rebels that I have seen.

It comes down to what you can tolerate. To me it was probably because we already HAD a clone wars Cartoon series prior to it, it was pointless to have another one. And the gap between the 2 movies was so short 3 years I felt was not a good time period to have a Character like Ahsoka show up and then written off and then have no mention or hint of her in any of the movies, bringing Maul back from the dead all of those bothered me the most because they effect the events of the MOVIES and makes the Movies not make sense like why wasnt the council and Obi-wan searching for Maul after defeating Dooku, they didnt know he was taken down they just knew he wasnt in power on Mandalore any more why didnt they consider him a threat why was greivous the only "threat" they still had to eliminate, Why didnt Obi-wan and Yoda Seek out Ahsoka at the end of Episode 3 they know she wasnt part of the Order so may have survived 66 and that's another ally. While I dont like it when they alter EU stuff, I am not as bothered by it as when they mess with Movie time lines.

This is during a 20 year gap and as far as changes to movie time lines go, there has been none. The Storm troopers ARE decent shots. Look when Kanan takes the crates 1 trooper is alive and shooting at Kanan, Kanan misses by just as much as the trooper misses by. As I said with Zeb having to retreat he almost gets his head taken off around 5 times by just 2 troopers when he leaves Ezra behind. The Basic Idea of the Purge is still here. Kessel is still here its just a different way they showed it then we are used to. Everything else about it is still basically the same. The Wookies being taken in for Slavery. There was a lot of stuff they kept in tact even though there is some changes to EU stuff. I was prepared for it, and this 20 year gap gives more then enough time to tell a story with out ruining to many other stories. ESPECIALLY with out ruining the Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope continuety and unlike last time we dont already have a cartoon filling that gap. Yes we have SOME games (some of which have been non-cannon since for ever) some comics and some books, but you have to spread out to get stuff in this time line. And with no Movie or other Cartoon already having "been there done that" I am personally less offended. Mostly I do believe it was the "been there done that" nature of a Clone Wars Cartoon that turned me off and still turns me off of the TCW's.

This is going to be one of those to each his own. Every one likes something everyone dislikes something.

Edit: basically what I am saying with the "been there done that" is it would be like if this series only ran for 1 Season and then got canceled and they immediately Annouced they were going to have a "Star Wars: Rebel Alliance" Cartoon featuring the same villians the same hero's plus 1 new hero we have never heard of and bringing some other dead villian like Greivous back to life cus 4 lightsabers is cool and kids like Greivous.

Even if that show is good, my response is we did this already, been there done that why are you wasting my time with a longer version of stuff I already saw.

Edited by tunewalker

This is during a 20 year gap and as far as changes to movie time lines go, there has been none.

Tunewalker, there have been but two episodes and already they have made a major lore change. If you think that within the span of the 100 episodes or so that are to come that no more changes will be made, then you are kidding yourself.

Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch...

The Storm troopers ARE decent shots.
Except when Kanaan goes all Matrix on them at almost point blank range... Edited by Beniboybling

Tunewalker, there have been but two episodes and already they have made a major lore change. If you think that within the span of the 100 episodes or so that are to come that no more changes will be made, then you are kidding yourself.

Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch...

I didnt say that, I am only judging what is in front of me as of this very second. I am judging a series that initial upset me by its very existance (been there done that) and won me over to finding it to be mostly good through 6 seasons vs a show of which the concept excited me and the first 2 episodes have done nothing to truly upset me while I havent seen anything really Great yet its been Good enough that as of yet the 2 series are on equal footing. I reserve Judgement of Future episodes..... to when Future episodes come out. I again, not speculating ANYTHING looking at what I have, not what we dont have.

We dont have a season that has changed a crud ton of lore yet. We have 2 episodes as far as I have been able to tell has made cosmetic changes to Lore (if anything beyond a face lift to Kessel was changed let me know cus so far nothing else changed in the pilot not even Force Unleashed was overwritten by the pilot yet) what will or WONT happen as the series goes on is not mine to be judged until the point when it HAPPENS. I am not going to Judge what isnt there to be Judged.

Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch...Except when Kanaan goes all Matrix on them at almost point blank range...

To your edit. Go watch the episdoe again. When he takes the crates 1 trooper is alive, he fires at Kanan and misses, Kanan fires back (A JEDI) and misses by the same margin. In the second escape they were clearly not trained for 0 G's fighting and werent ready for it to begin with, which I remind you is Spec forces training. When that portion ends the heroes have to quickly retreat as the Storm troopers nearly shoot them.

When Kaanan comes out behind the crates with his lightsaber, again he DODGES several shots had it not been for the Force the troopers would have shot him dead. Not all the troopers are even shooting at him the rest are keeping suppresive fire on the group it is actually a tactic and a smart one at that if he wasnt a Jedi he would have been dead. Kalous had them stop shooting because he thought Kaanan was surrendering. Once the order is given to focus fire on him. Its bassically the same thing we have seen with 12 blaster wielders vs a Jedi in most things. They cant hit him because Force reflexes saber and possibly even some Mental Influence or what have you. Kanaan Running is still a sign of he cant keep that up forever and those Troopers WOULD eventually bring him down.

So yes even during Kaanan's "Matrix thing" the Storm troopers are showing a decent to high level of accuracy. If he wasnt a Jedi he would have been dead 10 times over. Shot in the Heart or in the Head, cus thats the shots he was dodging.

Edit: like I said, this to me is why most cant agree this is the watching the same thing and getting something different out of it. Good thing is, we can all enjoy something. :D

Edited by tunewalker

I didnt say that, I am only judging what is in front of me as of this very second. I am judging a series that initial upset me by its very existance (been there done that) and won me over to finding it to be mostly good through 6 seasons vs a show of which the concept excited me and the first 2 episodes have done nothing to truly upset me while I havent seen anything really Great yet its been Good enough that as of yet the 2 series are on equal footing. I reserve Judgement of Future episodes..... to when Future episodes come out. I again, not speculating ANYTHING looking at what I have, not what we dont have.

We dont have a season that has changed a crud ton of lore yet. We have 2 episodes as far as I have been able to tell has made cosmetic changes to Lore (if anything beyond a face lift to Kessel was changed let me know cus so far nothing else changed in the pilot not even Force Unleashed was overwritten by the pilot yet) what will or WONT happen as the series goes on is not mine to be judged until the point when it HAPPENS. I am not going to Judge what isnt there to be Judged.

And I'm saying its too early to judge, much too early.

But again, Rebels is but an episode in and already a major retcon has been made, I can't remember when the first retcon was introduced in TCW but it certainly wasn't within the first episodes.

That would indeed, be a more accurate (but still flawed) comparison. Though to be quite honest the retconning of Kessel sought of debunks your argument completely. And lets not downplay it, the cosmetic change is pretty huge, and on top of that Kessel now has a royal family who live in "lush sanctuaries" in its northern hemisphere. Grass. On Kessel.

Not that I'm complaining, but I'm just pointing out that clearly they have no qualms in making changes to lore.

Simply put, you have no grounds to be claiming Rebels will be any less retroactive than TCW.

Edited by Beniboybling

To your edit. Go watch the episdoe again. When he takes the crates 1 trooper is alive, he fires at Kanan and misses, Kanan fires back (A JEDI) and misses by the same margin. In the second escape they were clearly not trained for 0 G's fighting and werent ready for it to begin with, which I remind you is Spec forces training. When that portion ends the heroes have to quickly retreat as the Storm troopers nearly shoot them.

When Kaanan comes out behind the crates with his lightsaber, again he DODGES several shots had it not been for the Force the troopers would have shot him dead. Not all the troopers are even shooting at him the rest are keeping suppresive fire on the group it is actually a tactic and a smart one at that if he wasnt a Jedi he would have been dead. Kalous had them stop shooting because he thought Kaanan was surrendering. Once the order is given to focus fire on him. Its bassically the same thing we have seen with 12 blaster wielders vs a Jedi in most things. They cant hit him because Force reflexes saber and possibly even some Mental Influence or what have you. Kanaan Running is still a sign of he cant keep that up forever and those Troopers WOULD eventually bring him down.

So yes even during Kaanan's "Matrix thing" the Storm troopers are showing a decent to high level of accuracy. If he wasnt a Jedi he would have been dead 10 times over. Shot in the Heart or in the Head, cus thats the shots he was dodging.

Edit: like I said, this to me is why most cant agree this is the watching the same thing and getting something different out of it. Good thing is, we can all enjoy something. :D

Great, I'm talking about the Matrix part, where he walks into incoming fire.

Understand that blaster bolts move just as fast as normal bullets, Jedi or not he should not be able to dodge them, one wonders why he bothered with the lightsaber at all. And I would very much hope these stormtroopers are capable of shooting a non-Force sensitive walking right towards them. Heck, I could probably do that. Padme certainly could.

Edited by Beniboybling

And I'm saying its too early to judge, much too early.

But again, Rebels is but an episode in and already a major retcon has been made, I can't remember when the first retcon was introduced in TCW but it certainly wasn't within the first episodes.

That would indeed, be a more accurate (but still flawed) comparison. Though to be quite honest the retconning of Kessel sought of debunks your argument completely. And lets not downplay it, the cosmetic change is pretty huge, and on top of that Kessel now has a royal family who live in "lush sanctuaries" in its northern hemisphere. Grass. On Kessel.

Not that I'm complaining, but I'm just pointing out that clearly they have no qualms in making changes to lore.

Simply put, you have no grounds to be claiming Rebels will be any less retroactive than TCW.

Ahsoka, MAJOR MOVIE LORE changed in the conceptual process of TCW. Why do you think its concept alone upset me, its wasnt a cosmetic face lift, it was Direct Movie Lore conflict.

The concept of this one was already BUILT into the Lore. We KNOW that there were survivors of ORder 66 that were hunted down and that children with the Force were born some of which also got discovered and hunted.

Things that didnt change about kessel. The Horrible Horrible conditions of the Spice Mines. The fact that prisoners and slaves are mostly used to work those mines. On a Conceptual basis Kessel is the same, with just a change in its exterior look the effect on the smuggling operations and on slavery and spice in the galaxy doesnt change.

This again is an example of some people can take certain changes better then other changes. I am sure there is a great possibility that this show will do something that will make me rage. When It does I will be calling it then lol.

Ahsoka, MAJOR MOVIE LORE changed in the conceptual process of TCW. Why do you think its concept alone upset me, its wasnt a cosmetic face lift, it was Direct Movie Lore conflict.

The concept of this one was already BUILT into the Lore. We KNOW that there were survivors of ORder 66 that were hunted down and that children with the Force were born some of which also got discovered and hunted.

Things that didnt change about kessel. The Horrible Horrible conditions of the Spice Mines. The fact that prisoners and slaves are mostly used to work those mines. On a Conceptual basis Kessel is the same, with just a change in its exterior look the effect on the smuggling operations and on slavery and spice in the galaxy doesnt change.

This again is an example of some people can take certain changes better then other changes. I am sure there is a great possibility that this show will do something that will make me rage. When It does I will be calling it then lol.

Fine fine, Ashoka. Direct movie lore conflict however in your opinion, given that it is never directly said that Anakin did not have a Padawan. As for Kessel, the same could be said about Mandalore, about Dathomir etc. the same things I have said time and time again, to you and others, and have fallen on deaf ears. But at least they had narrative purposes.

But yes, each to their own it would seem. But I assure you this will be the first change of many.

Edited by Beniboybling

Great, I'm talking about the Matrix part, where he walks into incoming fire.

Understand that blaster bolts move just as fast as normal bullets, Jedi or not he should not be able to dodge them, one wonders why he bothered with the lightsaber at all. And I would very much hope these stormtroopers are capable of shooting a non-Force sensitive walking right towards them. Heck, I could probably do that. Padme certainly could.

Ya i covered that part, and I have seen Jedi in other media dodge bullets before, if they can block it with their saber they can also likely dodge it.

Also if you read the whole thing (the part of which you are talking about) and really think about what happened. You would know only about 2 or 3 of those troopers are even shooting at him

here to quote myself and myself time

Supressive fire as a tactic is used even today. When soldiers are shooting they dont all shoot at the same time, They alternate their fire in a way that when one is reloading ALL of the others are still shooting so that there is always a constant barrage of bullets heading at the enemy. Just becase 1 sticks out his head does not mean all of them begin to shoot at that person, because there are a lot more out there to shoot at and if you let them get up you could let a group move to kill 1.

So again the only reason he dodges was the Force and not all 12 were focusing fire on him. Its called suppressive fire on his allies which is what kept THEM pinned down and unable to help or get to the crate. The moment they focus on Kaanan is the moment the others can finally move. He had maybe 2 troopers shooting at him the other 10 supressive fire and its a known and useful tactic.

Ya i covered that part, and I have seen Jedi in other media dodge bullets before, if they can block it with their saber they can also likely dodge it.

Also if you read the whole thing (the part of which you are talking about) and really think about what happened. You would know only about 2 or 3 of those troopers are even shooting at him

here to quote myself and myself time

Supressive fire as a tactic is used even today. When soldiers are shooting they dont all shoot at the same time, They alternate their fire in a way that when one is reloading ALL of the others are still shooting so that there is always a constant barrage of bullets heading at the enemy. Just becase 1 sticks out his head does not mean all of them begin to shoot at that person, because there are a lot more out there to shoot at and if you let them get up you could let a group move to kill 1.

So again the only reason he dodges was the Force and not all 12 were focusing fire on him. Its called suppressive fire on his allies which is what kept THEM pinned down and unable to help or get to the crate. The moment they focus on Kaanan is the moment the others can finally move. He had maybe 2 troopers shooting at him the other 10 supressive fire and its a known and useful tactic.

I certainly don't recall. Must be some non-canon Matrix spin off...

I thought the idea behind suppressive fire was to suppress... which means they failed miserably. Hardly call it useful.

Fine fine, Ashoka. Direct movie lore conflict however in your opinion, given that it is never directly said that Anakin did not have a Padawan. As for Kessel, the same could be said about Mandalore, about Dathomir etc. the same things I have said time and time again, to you and others, and have fallen on deaf ears. But at least they had narrative purposes.

But yes, each to their own it would seem. But I assure you this will be the first change of many.

Didnt have a problem with Mandalore, minor issue with Dathomir, but thats mostly because of the "plot changes" that revolved around them (IE Maul and Savage and Nightbrothers) Night brothers completely changes the planet conceptually which was my biggest issue. I think most issue with Mandalore is its "peaceful" ideals which changes the entire planet conceptually.

Kessel looking good on the outside, doesnt change the concept of god Aweful Spice mining conditions slaves and prisoners being used.... not the same.

I certainly don't recall. Must be some non-canon Matrix spin off...

I thought the idea behind suppressive fire was to suppress... which means they failed miserably. Hardly call it useful.

They did supress. Did you see any one else move? no. Why? because they were being supressed, And had kaanan not dodged like 5 shots he would have been dead and suppressive fire would have worked clearly showing a working for that strategy. Hold was given within seconds of him coming out.... and now I am just talking to a wall.

Basically the whole thing was done to show The Force in action. The storm troopers were using the proper tactic of letting 2 people shoot at him the rest keeping the multiple wookies and the group pinned down. The only reason for Survival was Jedi and the troopers DIDNT know he was a Jedi. Had they known he would have been dead. The moment they all "focus their fire on the...... on the Jedi" the others are free to move and Kanaan now has to try much harder to hold off their efforts and cant do so forever thus the retreat.

Thus showing decent shooting by storm troopers along with all the OTHER times I showed shooting above average for Star Wars "cannon Fodder" the worst showing from troopers was the Ezra tricking them thing, but considering the colors on their uniforms I always just took it that they were Cadets and not REAL Storm Troopers.

Edit: again it takes the same reflexes to percision move a saber as it does the body. If some one can move fast enough to reflect with a saber they can do it with their body. A couple that come to mind when it comes to dodging blasters as a Jedi. Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn. Through out times in their rebel Career, especially Corran he had enhance reflexes that allowed him to barely be missed by troopers. Some thought of it as just being lucky, but with most people who find out they are jedi later in life it turns out to be latent force abilities. If they can do stuff like that in books with just latent abilities a fully trained Jedi should be able to.

Edited by tunewalker

We can throw out justifications for why the stormtroopers aren't hitting their targets as much as we want, but at the end of the day there's a reason TV Tropes calls it the "Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy" whenever bad guys are terrible shots in fiction.

Yes they mopped the floor with the Rebels in the boarding scene at the beginning of Episode IV and on Hoth during Episode V, but when you come down to it most people will only ever think of them as the guys who got the crap kicked out of them by a bunch of teddy bears in Episode VI and who get dropped left and right without being able to hit the heroes throughout the trilogy.

Narratively, stormtroopers have usually been an obstacle for the protagonists, not a threat to them.

I'm not a fan of making heroes seem exceptional by having the villains act exceptionally dumb - I find it more interesting/compelling when the bad guys are good at what they do, and the good guys are just a bit better. But it's not a deal-breaker for me that the "faceless goons" bad guys are just filler and the big-bads, Agent Kallus and the Inquisitor, are the real threats. So far I'm okay with how Kallus is being portrayed, and they've hyped the Inquisitor as being even more impressive - so we'll see how that pans out.

I do hope, however, that we don't see too many more scenes like Ezra "outsmarting" the two guards and locking them in his cell - there is a line between having them be ineffectual and having them be outright morons (again, making heroes seem exceptional by having the villains act exceptionally dumb) and that scene really snapped me out of the experience.

I have no issue with quality entertainment directed at a younger audience. But unless they're aiming at a 3-6 age group here I fail to see how the quality of the show must be this far reduced in order for it to be "kid friendly".

The Original Trilogy wasn't even close to being this sappy or goofy, or low quality. It had its moments, but Rebels has a long way to go to reach the "OT feel" benchmark they repeatedly set for themselves. . I'll tell you, I said something similar to this at the start of Clone Wars, but by their 3-4th seasons they'd improved (and that isn't in reference to getting darker) and if this series works to find a less goofy, more refined sense of what they're trying to accomplish I might come back and change my mind on some things

I've watched plenty of cartoons in my life, and I can appreciate when something is meant for the kids, but this show has some basic issues (some of which were in my comment) that lower the quality for everyone EVEN KIDS. So until those are addressed my opinion stands

Now I'll readily and shamelessly admit some of the things (like the datacron and Zeb's personality) are nitpicky and things that I more or less take issue with. But if you read it without trying to just get what you want out of it in order to try and discredit me or make yourself feel better, you'd see that I conceded many points on story and plot, with an OVERALL determination that it wasn't very good. I didn't say it was all crap and no one should ever watch it.

But regardless of all of that, that's my opinion, and why the hell are you so sensitive about this show? Some random dude on the internet doesn't like it, big whoop why do you care?

Also, about the lore, the hell? I mean, I know the purge is in effect (though many, many things are being saved in some form or another so get off your horse) I just didn't appreciate some of the changes. Doesn't mean I don't accept them, but again my opinion which I am honestly entitled to as much as you are.

No sweat, mate, I admit the nit picking fell down as a red blanket, together with the cuddly Wookies, it just came down as one SW rant to much. and for that I already got told off by your knight in shining armor.

To me its obvious that Filoni & co work with in the limitations they are presented, and as such, the obligatory rants just are tiresome. To hear the Tie fighter in flight really is enough for me, that low are my expectations and I feel the shows music score is the only solid ingredient, not including 0.9 sec 'theme song', besides that part, try it, 'watch' an episode, close your eyes listen to the music, the sound effects, filter the dialogue and some SW feel might occur.

. . . and I'll say it again, if SW:Rebels is the alibi Disney need to make us the Star Wars movie we want, then let them have at it

No sweat, mate, I admit the nit picking fell down as a red blanket, together with the cuddly Wookies, it just came down as one SW rant to much. and for that I already got told off by your knight in shining armor.

To me its obvious that Filoni & co work with in the limitations they are presented, and as such, the obligatory rants just are tiresome. To hear the Tie fighter in flight really is enough for me, that low are my expectations and I feel the shows music score is the only solid ingredient, not including 0.9 sec 'theme song', besides that part, try it, 'watch' an episode, close your eyes listen to the music, the sound effects, filter the dialogue and some SW feel might occur.

. . . and I'll say it again, if SW:Rebels is the alibi Disney need to make us the Star Wars movie we want, then let them have at it

Ah, I see where you're coming from and have been dancing my way around rants as well so I feel ya, but watching the show got to me.

Yeah I had low expectations as well. They more or less met them and to say that it disappointed me is an understatement. Like I was saying to Beni earlier, I thought much of this about The Clone Wars (and in most respects it is totally true of the first two seasons) but ended up liking the later seasons so maybe as the characters develop it'll improve.

I hold out hope, but I won't be totally naive.

P.S. so if Sabine turns out to be totally ****** (as much as she can on a kids show) and makes Mandalorians a respectable people again after the hippie mando fiasco I'll love this show even if it was just Filoni with sock puppets.

Edited by StarSquirrel

P.S. so if Sabine turns out to be totally ****** (as much as she can on a kids show) and makes Mandalorians a respectable people again after the hippie mando fiasco I'll love this show even if it was just Filoni with sock puppets.[/color]

We might think more alike than our first encounter would reveal. After the prequels I painfully realized that I might never get to see the Star Wars movie I wanted to see. To be honest the Ewoks was an ominous sign of the future appearance of one certain Binks! KoTOR kind of worked as a band aid in that sense and really got me on track again. And I will now admit that I never saw TCW when it was first aired, mostly as it was market as a childrens show and, man, I didn't wanna go thru the whole prequel thing, - again! So my SW home was really in the EU in general and the TOR era specifically, that being said I never cared much for the post RoTJ EU as the first marvel comics kinda put me off.

TCW only became interesting with the announcement of the Disney Purge and by that my whole Star Wars home was no more, so the deal I made with my self was to go about clone wars as I do with every academic work I have at hand, searching for information, building a puzzle, and then look where the information correlates with the main question, in this case the EU. Fact is that I found TCW more enjoying than I ever imagined.

Now, never underestimate the Powaa of Greed, I think that not only Disney, but even George Lucas long ago realized he lost the 'spiritual' ownership of SW, the whole "Who Shot First" debate I think is the core evidence of that, and now they are bringing back the Star Wars FanFilm Awards, by that maybe, just maybe, Disney realize that with the core fans and those of us that been around from the beginning are the ones with the deepest pockets. Admittingly a cynical reasoning, but if it serves our means, well . . .

What I really was hoping for in this thread was searching and discussion about the information we get from the show, building a puzzle, and then look where the information correlates with the EU. If I ones in a while get that old SW buzz with SW:Rebels I only see that as a bonus . . . And what gives us that Buzz is probably just as differential as we are fans( tough luck if that buzz is the stormtroopers tho, they never were the best and the brightest of the Empire!!) . . . but I'm all for sharing, done ranting though

Cheers

Edited by t-darko