The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mace Windu alive in episode 7

WilliamSteeves

I totally want them to bring Mace Windu back. Like someone else has already said, if they can bring back Maul (which IMO is COMPLETELY unfeasible as Obi-Wan CUT HIM IN #$%@ING HALF and he fell a couple hundred metres down a shaft) then they can bring back Windu, whom we never ACTUALLY saw die.

I totally want them to bring Mace Windu back. Like someone else has already said, if they can bring back Maul (which IMO is COMPLETELY unfeasible as Obi-Wan CUT HIM IN #$%@ING HALF and he fell a couple hundred metres down a shaft) then they can bring back Windu, whom we never ACTUALLY saw die.

The Revenge of the Sith novel states that he had been killed.

Also, Samuel L. Jackson said that he wanted the character to die fighting.

So basically, in universe and out of universe evidence points to him being dead.

But Luke did experience a similar incident when Darth Vader severed his arm at the elbow and he fell down the shaft they were fighting above. Episode 5.

Its not beyond belief that Mace could have survived. But I believe the only answers we'll gain from any of this is Rebels and Episode 7, 8, and 9.

Luke didn't "fall" down a shaft, he jumped to get away from Vader. He could have used the force, or wind, or maybe even low gravity, or some combination, to make a successful decent.