Yozusk Platesmasher still bug

Felixwolfen

here I'm again looking for Yozusk Platesmasher Dromund Kaas achievement and no Yozusk as far I get from reading the forums u can only catch him after a maintenance reset and its been bugged for over a year I would like to finish the achievement I'm sure this isn't the first you have heard this.

Again Yozusk Platesmasher "Tyrant of Dromund Kaas" Achievement location X: -208, Y: 1781 is broken Does Not respawn ever :mad:

I keep reading this in the forum and also see it mentioned sometimes in chat..

The weird thing is, I've been leveling a couple of new alts recently, and also back filling codex entries on higher level alts, and each and every time I went to get the Yozusk entry, the beast was there. Right smack on the edge of the island.... even did shoutouts in general so others could pick it up too if they needed it....

Edited by LeJarC

• 1 month later...
here I'm again looking for Yozusk Platesmasher Dromund Kaas achievement and no Yozusk as far I get from reading the forums u can only catch him after a maintenance reset and its been bugged for over a year I would like to finish the achievement I'm sure this isn't the first you have heard this.

Again Yozusk Platesmasher "Tyrant of Dromund Kaas" Achievement location X: -208, Y: 1781 is broken Does Not respawn ever :mad:

Confirming this bug. Still bugged as of today. Stupid this hasnt been fixed yet.

Edited by ljepsen

I've been trying to get this thing for a while now... logged out on the little island so I could log in after maintenance and finally get him....

Logged in, killed him. 5 minutes later he respawns. No mention of fixing it in the patch notes, but hey - seems to be respawning at least for now (Pot5 by the way)

I was showing someone to the datacron yesterday and he was there.

I've killed him loads of times, and never just after a reset (didn't even know about the bug). Not sure what's up with that. A server-specific problem, perhaps? Red Eclipse here.

Edited by PLynkes

• 4 weeks later...
Well then it's not borken then is it?

It'll respawn at server-up, like the Sith Droid on Voss, so it can be found, it can be killed.

Something that's supposed to respawn within an hour (not sure of actual timing because it doesn't work) of its death not coming back for almost a day can be classified as broken IMO. The amount of luck involved in getting that thing at the right time is absurd.

• 3 months later...
Something that's supposed to respawn within an hour (not sure of actual timing because it doesn't work) of its death not coming back for almost a day can be classified as broken IMO. The amount of luck involved in getting that thing at the right time is absurd.

And what official source told you it was a 1 hour respawn?

Some mob in this game intentionally have random respawn times OR they are cross linked with a place holder mob which may not spawn in the same location.

His respawn timer may be randomly several days; or he may require some other mob in the world to be killed before he respawns.

There are several rare spawns with place holders in this game and not only do they have to die, it's random whether the rare spawn triggers after his death or another place holder.

Well then it's not borken then is it?

It'll respawn at server-up, like the Sith Droid on Voss, so it can be found, it can be killed.

The sith droid on voss is frequently up and I've seen it respawn in place after just a few minutes. He isn't once a week (he may have been in the past, I don't know; but I've been spending a lot of time on voss lately on multiple characters)

I've had a few people in game who were complaining about him "not spawning" and when I helped them it turned out they were going to the wrong cave (not sure if thats been an issue for other people)