getting back into swtor but what server is most populated?

Konta_Takuto

I just now decided to come back and play more swtor....but I am seeing that the RP servers ebon hawk and Begeren Colony are heavy? O_O

So I am confused because I heard that the RP servers are gimped so to speak, and the population doesn't actually represent logged on players, but rather a total percentage of how many characters made on that server that are logged in? I am so confused by that and wish population was just straight forward with how many live players are on that server.

So can anyone help me I would much prefer to be on the most populated server with pvp leaning more towards republic players, thinking back to my old server Prophecy of the five we would get into warzone queues starting with 6 republic players just made the game so unenjoyable for me because it is not even fair. So if there is a a server that is heavily populated and pvp dominated by republic players to decrease my queue times let me know

I just now decided to come back and play more swtor....but I am seeing that the RP servers ebon hawk and Begeren Colony are heavy? O_O

So I am confused because I heard that the RP servers are gimped so to speak, and the population doesn't actually represent logged on players, but rather a total percentage of how many characters made on that server that are logged in? I am so confused by that and wish population was just straight forward with how many live players are on that server.

So can anyone help me I would much prefer to be on the most populated server with pvp leaning more towards republic players, thinking back to my old server Prophecy of the five we would get into warzone queues starting with 6 republic players just made the game so unenjoyable for me because it is not even fair. So if there is a a server that is heavily populated and pvp dominated by republic players to decrease my queue times let me know

Harbinger is definitely what you want.

POT5 is the largest. It also has more servers dedicated to it, which is why it doesn't go down like the others, and it also why it shows lower server status during peak time (It can handle more active players). Imp heavy pvp though. Edited by Holocron

POT5 is the largest. It also has more servers dedicated to it, which is why it doesn't go down like the others, and it also why it shows lower server status during peak time (It can handle more active players). Imp heavy pvp though.

PoT5 is not the largest by far. Pubs don't even see more than 1 instance, except on a rare occasion.

Harbinger has 3 instances always, and 4 on weekends, with abundant PvP.

PoT5 is not the largest by far. Pubs don't even see more than 1 instance, except on a rare occasion.

Harbinger has 3 instances always, and 4 on weekends, with abundant PvP.

POT5 is larger, with higher tolerances for active players, thus the benefit of more dedicated server resources. Don't believe me, pm a dev. Like I said though, POT5 is a imp heavy server.

BTW Pistols, come back to POT5, it is your destiny. Bloodfin still survives there.

Edited by Holocron

POT5 is larger, with higher tolerances for active players, thus the benefit of more dedicated server resources. Don't believe me, pm a dev. Like I said though, POT5 is a imp heavy server.

BTW Pistols, come back to POT5, it is your destiny. Bloodfin still survives there.

The server might hold larger amount of players better than some servers, but believe me when I tell you, when it comes to active players Harbinger has easily 3x more players. I've played actively on both, so I do have a legitimate understanding of both. :cool:

Yes the Imps without a doubt rule on PoT5, as the Pubs (for the most part, excluding a few guilds) are literally the worst PvP types I've ever seen in the game since I've been playing. I still play on PoT5 and Harbinger, for 2 different reasons, but the Q pops on Harbinger (other than Group Ranked) is far more an abundance than PoT5.

POT5 is larger, with higher tolerances for active players, thus the benefit of more dedicated server resources. Don't believe me, pm a dev.

I don't believe you, but why would I bug a dev about it when they obviously have much more important things to do than answer my random server population questions? You're the one making the claim - why don't YOU back it up with some evidence of some sort?

There is so much speculation in this thread. No one has any server data to back up claims. I wish I knew what the most populated server is, or which has the most blades dedicated to it, but we really don't know. Best evidence we have is fleet daily numbers.

There is so much speculation in this thread. No one has any server data to back up claims. I wish I knew what the most populated server is, or which has the most blades dedicated to it, but we really don't know. Best evidence we have is fleet daily numbers.

Well tbh, nobody needs "server data" to understand Harbinger is more populated than PoT5, lol.

• 2 weeks later...