Top PvP classes at the moment

XiArkayiX

I'm coming back to swtor after about a year of not playing, and was wondering what classes are currently the standouts in PvP. I know they are technically all "viable" but I wanted to know which ones are currently doing the best. It'd be a bonus if the class has high dps as well, as I do a fair amount of Pve, but not as much as pvp. No "the best class is your favorite class to play" stuff, I'm looking for informed opinions please. Oh, and I also have a level 50 sorcerer left over from when I used to play, but they seem to be less powerful now than they were when I played last. Edited by XiArkayiX

Yea I heard that juggernauts were op, was also wondering how marauders were doing?

Careful, you are opening a huge can of worms. However, in my opinion, Marauders are fine. Carnage has great burst and decent anti-kiting tools, for example. However, the skill cap is high and it takes a lot of patience to actually master the class.

PT burst windows might not come as quickly as carnage but they have far more sustain, decent kiting and taunts are a deal breaker.

If you have a pre setup to support a mara/sent then they really shine though and are possibly the best dps. Solo though no question PT is a great choice.

Edited by Tellenn

PT burst windows might not come as quickly as carnage but they have far more sustain, decent kiting and taunts are a deal breaker.

If you have a pre setup to support a mara/sent then they really shine though and are possibly the best dps. Solo though no question PT is a great choice.

I still remember the pre-2.0 days with a Pyro PT. It was absolutely monstrous. Decided to try again after the recent buffs and they really do shine. As you pointed out, taunts bring in great utility and Grapple lends itself to creative nicely. All in all, your assessment looks about right to me.

madness sorc and sin are doing good and vengeance/vigilance got a second life. operative for healing. deception/infiltration is the evergreen. tanking is almost the same on any class..not big differences

Actually not correct. You need to kill them 3 times before they die. So they got a third life! :D

Specs are more important than class. You can't rate sorcs based on lightning and healing or they wouldn't be in that list at all.

I'd rate madness sin as better than madness sorc due to the surge on thrash and their easier use of reckless chain lightning to give them burst that sorc does not have. As well as taunts and ability to swap to guard stance when needed.

Edited by Tellenn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.