Combat/Carnage question.

Sarafain

Hey all,

With the recent changes to Combat/Carnage I'm looking to relearn how to optimally play the spec. I've been looking for suggested rotations for the build up GCD's and to verify whether the Gore/PS rotaions have changed. When doing so I came across something about only using Ravage/Master Strike under Berserk/Zen.

I had previously burnt Berserk/Zen when it was up, the exception being if i could get it to line up within a couple GCD's of Ravage/Master Strike. Instead of spending time poking around looking for further info, whith the possibility of getting the wrong outcome I'm going to ask 'Should Ravage/MS be used only under the Zerk/Zen effect?'

Also, any info on what you found for effective filler would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Zen on CD unless u are less then 3 secs from Precision Slash window. Ultimate Precision window looks like MS>BS>Dispatch (assuming the Zen is up). Basicaly u want MS always in Precision window so thats every third. And absolute must is buffed Blade Storm in a window (shouldn't be to hard with the change) after that its a priority of Dispatch>Twin saber throw>Blade Rush

Then u have 4 GCDs to regain ur focus, idealy use Cauterize and/or Blade Rush before next Precision slash window.

Rinse and repeat. There is a discussion about the new changes in KBN thread on the last few pages. I would look there. From the bottom of this page forward

And the opener looks something like this: Leap > Zen > Zealous strike/Valorous Call > Blade Rush / Inspiration/ Adrenal / Relic > Precision slash > Master Strike (clip at 0.3) > Blade Storm > Dispatch (if proced, otherwise TsT) > Blade rush...

Edited by spudik

Posted in the sticky but haven't got a response. I'm not sure of the volume on the forums so I'm just going to copy/paste to put another thumb out...

I'm a little confused :S

I was under the impression that there was a delay in when VT and DST actually did it's damage; meaning you could get an extra hit in a Gore window. Ideally I'd try for Massacre, VT/DST + Gore, <Insert Gore rotation>. Yet now I'm see that VT/DST should be the 3rd GCD in a Gore window; Does this cause the tick to possibly miss the Gore window?

The 2nd thing is do you only use Ravage under Berserk effect? I had been using Berserk on CD, holding it only if there was 2/3 GCD's before Gore/Ravage. If Gore/Ravage was up without Berserk I'd still Gore/Ravage.

Been wondering the exact same thing. But with my limited skill in Combat/Carnage the VT(Dispatch)/TST-Trick seems like a dummy-only technique to me. Given the server delay in a raid situation, I found that I can't even pull it off half of the time, when I analyzed parses, thus effectively wasting VT/TST outside of gore/Precision. It's a bit easier on the dummy, though. I do think, however, that one should generally rather put BS/FS at the end of a gore/PS window than VT(Dispatch)/TST...

If you can Zen once every 30 seconds, you should only use Master Strike with Zen. Your ultimate goal is to get a Zen Master Strike under the Precision Slash window.

Marauders have a easier time getting off a Berserk Gore Ravage Force Scream with in the "gore window" IMO.

Master Strike is to slow with out Zen. It's telegraphed and is easily countered. Ravage is much quicker (in animation) and is easier to land IMO any way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.