The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Wookie Unlock

Volcan

Add wookiee class to Cartel Market please! I know this has been brought up before but it is worth bringing up again.

Do you know how badazz it would be to have a wookiee tank leaping into a boss fight, fur and all!? It would be legendary on epic proportions. :rak_01:

Appearance Challenges

- I think all the wookiee fans out there would be plenty pleased to have appearance sets similar to how our companion appearance works. Allow any class specific gear to be equipped (guardian: heavy, sage: light, smuggler: medium) but then give the option to have an appearance slot like the companions have. Limited? yes, but I true wookiee is more about innate appearance (fur color/style). This would be an easy way to implement wookiees without too much developing, asking for something more complex might be aiming a bit high. BW please prove me wrong.

Another issue is size. I know I for one don't want to see a body type 1 wookiee running around. The male body types 3 and 4 could probably work as is, female on the other had would not. New body types would need to be created for this to work properly and is where most of the development resources would need to be focused.

Obviously creating another species takes work and resources but I believe you will see profit both from a financial standpoint and from player recognition. Players are willing to pay for a species that is legendary in the Star Wars saga.

Who would pay for a wookiee species unlock if implemented?

I KNOW I WOULD!

Edited by Volcan

Would look rather odd considering that Bioware has to work within the constraints of current player body types and that it would be breaking lore to add a wookiee that speaks basic. Might be nice but I wouldn't expect it.

Edit: Hmm I feel as though as I were ninjaed with an edit above.

Edited by Nickious

not going to happen...EVER. just wasting time asking for it over, and over and over.

1) all player chars must speak basic

2) must be humanoid and fit within the same frame work

3) can not be yoda species

wookies violate rules 1 and 2 thus eliminated out of the gate.

not going to happen...EVER. just wasting time asking for it over, and over and over.

What about making a yoda species?

In all seriousness if those top two rules can't be broken then that is just embarrassing on BW's part. Rule 1 because of a lack of creativity. what's wrong with subtitles? What, not everyone can speak wookie? Hardly an excuse that holds water.

Rule 2 does hold merit given current restrictions but it seems unacceptable in this generation of video game design and development that you can't make a slightly taller mesh for a character toon.

After all this is Star Wars, not every species is a humanoid and to limit as such was/is a core flaw if it can't be amended.

What about making a yoda species?

Not going to happen EITHER. I am pretty sure that when Lucas sold the license to EA he put a clause that barred them or any company from revealing the Yoda species and using them in any capacity. Besides as I have said many times, it is the last great mystery of Star Wars.

Add wookiee class to Cartel Market please!

Wookiee class or a Wookiee race?

Class wouldn't make any sense, so I suppose you meant race. If it was implemented, it would certainly be a precedent. All other races speak basic, as mentioned. So the subtitles would remain, but the sound files would be generic Wookiee growls. Also, I just imagined scenes where a Wookiee romances some companions... :eek: (While we are at it, the growl Jakarro makes before the final boss fight in the Rakata FP doesn't sound like a Wookiee growl at all, please fix that Bioware!)

Next, Wookiees don't wear usual armor, they make their own kind of armor, so either the armor would look completely different when worn by a Wookiee, similar to how some armor pieces look different on Republic and Imperial characters, or they would have their own class of armor, like droids (more work but doable, would create further issues with crafting, etc).

I do think that more options for species would be nice, for example Rodians, Zeltrons, Devaronians, Selkath, etc. Most of them don't have body shape, armor or height issues, but many of them can't speak Basic or don't usually use it. Even Twi'leks were a stretch, because both in the movies and KotOR they spoke Huttese by default. This creates problems regarding voiceover, unless you want to hear a couple of generic sound files repeated throughout your storyline.

Bottom line: so far, it seems that only near-human species are possible without major changes, effort and compromises that would need to be made for others.

Edited by Strajder