Sure is good they didn't give us that teaser sooner

collinc

Wouldn't want something as awesome as that being spoiled. Revan turning around? So worth the months of waiting. I have to give it up to all the people who said just be patient, there is good reason they're holding it back. I definitely would not have been able to get excited about that video had I not played forged alliances. And the fact that I played forged alliances definitely did not make the reveal stupid and pointless.

/s

Wouldn't want something as awesome as that being spoiled. Revan turning around? So worth the months of waiting. I have to give it up to all the people who said just be patient, there is good reason they're holding it back. I definitely would not have been able to get excited about that video had I not played forged alliances. And the fact that I played forged alliances definitely did not make the reveal stupid and pointless.

/s

Well... to be fair, showing Revan before his giant holo-head "reveal" in the Rakata Prime flashpoint would have been poor execution.

More important is where he is... which looks like Yavin IV.

I'm so confused right now and I'm usually critical of whatever Bioware does, whenever it comes to communicating stuff to the public...

What do people expect from a teaser exactly nowadays?

If you can't see anything of value in there to make you think, then you're not trying hard enough.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm so confused right now and I'm usually critical of whatever Bioware does, whenever it comes to communicating stuff to the public...

If you can't see anything of value in there to make you think, then you're not trying hard enough.

I'm simply referring to the fact that for weeks or months, people were asking for anything from 3.0. And the white knights on the forums always said that it was so important for the story that nothing is teased or revealed. And clearly, now that the teaser is out, nothing was revealed or teased that could not have been teased months ago.

Even if they had released this before FA part 3 went out we wouldn't have known the ending. The end of FA part 3 was mineable for weeks before this little teaser. If it was so important that people not know about Revan at all, then why make it mineable?

And why is it so important to not know that Revan is involved? He very obviously wasn't dead. He's a major character in the games, probably the most major character. It's silly to think he wouldn't be back after he disappeared in a flash of light. And all this teaser would have done months ago is get people hyped for his return.

Instead, we already know he's returned and we get to say "well, huh, what was that?"

Personally I expect some new information. Everybody and their mother already knows Revan's back. It can still be short (a teaser should be) but it should contain a piece of juicy information as well. For example:

Open with a shot from behind of Revan, who just says "It's time."

You hear a voice off screen say "Yes, master."

Then the camera pans to show you Malgus, alive and kneeling before Revan.

Immediately cut to black.

THAT'S a teaser. It would still be short, but it would give people a single piece of information that would make them go "Holy heck! Did THAT just happen?!?!" I was under the impression that the whole point of a teaser is to get people talking. To create buzz. This video did neither. Important thing to note hear is this is simply my opinion and I could very well be way off base here. But this is how I happen to see it. The "teaser" we saw today was utterly lackluster to me :(

Well... to be fair, showing Revan before his giant holo-head "reveal" in the Rakata Prime flashpoint would have been poor execution.

More important is where he is... which looks like Yavin IV.

Where he is only matters IF it's an area to quest/explore in, not if it's the location of a FP or OP.

You're really reaching here.

Dunno why. Yavin-IV was featured prominently in one of the Galactic Timeline videos. The Emperor at the time sent a Sith Infiltrator to neutralize Naga Sadow's spirit, before the Sith Empire reintroduced itself to the known Galaxy.

Plus, one of the mails sent to player characters says that...

The Sith Inquisitor stands alone on a moon. Last I checked, Yavin-IV is a moon.

Calm yourself. ;)

If people know for sure where Revan is and who's sitting on that throne that is not facing him, please do share.

FACTS while at it, NOT theories. I have plenty of the latter.

I had to go back and look to see that throne was not facing him. I thought it was the first couple times I watched. Why would a throne be facing the wall like that away from the hall anyways? Weird.

Anyways, there's no point in guessing as far as I'm concerned.

If people know for sure where Revan is and who's sitting on that throne that is not facing him, please do share.

FACTS while at it, NOT theories. I have plenty of the latter.

That looked less a throne and now an obelisk, and I went and looked again after you said it was a throne. Sorry, not seeing it.

Dunno why. Yavin-IV was featured prominently in one of the Galactic Timeline videos. The Emperor at the time sent a Sith Infiltrator to neutralize Naga Sadow's spirit, before the Sith Empire reintroduced itself to the known Galaxy.

Plus, one of the mails sent to player characters says that...

The Sith Inquisitor stands alone on a moon. Last I checked, Yavin-IV is a moon.

Calm yourself. ;)

Onderon and Dxun are featured prominently too. Dxun's a moon. Hell, Endor's forest moon is a moon. Oricon is a moon.

There are lots of moons. You're really reaching here.

Edited by FridgeLM

I had to go back and look to see that throne was not facing him. I thought it was the first couple times I watched. Why would a throne be facing the wall like that away from the hall anyways? Weird.

Anyways, there's no point in guessing as far as I'm concerned.

I guess it's supposed to be a reference to the...

Revan novel. In the cover, Revan does that pose exactly like that. Same armor, different color crystal.

In that case however, the Emperor is already facing him, on his throne.

Onderon and Dxun are featured prominently too. Dxun's a moon. Hell, Endor's forest moon is a moon.

Are there ruins like that on Endor? Also, I had mentioned Dxun in another thread already.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I tried really hard looked at every corner of the room and the character and did not see anything I didn't already know. If the location is something there is not enough to go on, I could come up will several locations, doesn't mean they are right...this teaser was nothing, since we know his return from FA FP #4.

Also, this is typical BW writing (FA part 4) where they write out one of their best ideas (the star forge) before it actually gets any use, same as Darth Malg, JK story, the war itself, etc.

People are impatient.

A teaser is meant to be a small tease that something is actually happening. Rarely do they actually give any information.

We know we will be getting the full reveal before the month is over.

Wether this means small bits of information over the next 2 weeks or not idk.

But within 2 weeks we will have all of the information we want about it.

I seriously don't understand why people are upset about this. Haven't you figured it out yet. BW hypes about anything and it turns into a huge let down. So why bother? I didn't waste my time watching their stream because I knew it was going to worthless and something everyone knew before FA3 came out. They are all talk and can deliver.

Onderon and Dxun are featured prominently too. Dxun's a moon. Hell, Endor's forest moon is a moon. Oricon is a moon.

Do a google image search for Yavin temples. The stone style is similar.

There is greenery common with the forest nature of the moon.

Yavin IV has a rich history regarding the force, particularly Exar Kun.

I of course am merely speculating, but I wouldn't call it a stretch...

Do a google image search for Yavin temples. The stone style is similar.

There is greenery common with the forest nature of the moon.

Yavin IV has a rich history regarding the force, particularly Exar Kun.

I of course am merely speculating, but I wouldn't call it a stretch...

Try Naga Sadow first.