RP Flag Option

t-darko

As we don't have any pure RP server, option to flag one self for RP would some what correct that . . .

There are two RP servers and one RP-PvP server in North America, so not sure what you mean. Adding a flag would not make any difference as there is nothing to "force" people to adhere to it. In LotRO, someone people admit they turn on the RP flag just so their characters names show in white.

There are two RP servers and one RP-PvP server in North America, so not sure what you mean. Adding a flag would not make any difference as there is nothing to "force" people to adhere to it. In LotRO, someone people admit they turn on the RP flag just so their characters names show in white.

True but on these rp servers there are many who dont rp at all (why they are there i do not know)

i can see it helping to start random groups to get together but its not vital.

True but on these rp servers there are many who dont rp at all (why they are there i do not know)

And if they flagged a server as "RP, and we really mean it," it wouldn't make any more of a difference. The only thing they could really do is add more strict naming requirements, so no names like "Xmonsterx" (a name I just made up, BTW; I have no knowledge of a character with such a name), for example. LotRO has one RP server for each language it supports with more strict naming conventions (and one "RP encouraged" English language server without stricter naming rules).

i can see it helping to start random groups to get together but its not vital.

Never seemed to make any difference in LotRO.

What exactly would a roleplay flag actually DO? The pvp flag has gameplay implications that are obvious, but what could possibly change going from normal pve gameplay to the roleplay flag? All I can think of is that maybe the chat window would hide emote messages from players who aren't also roleplay flagged? It would still be the same pve gameplay rules though.

What would an RP flag do? well it would state the following;

" Not only do I care and respect the fact that I chose a RP server by giving my character a some what star Warsy name, I'm actually up for some RP with just about anyone who cares to do it in an orderly respectful fashion, and we don 't need to know each other"

What would an RP flag do? well it would state the following;

" Not only do I care and respect the fact that I chose a RP server by giving my character a some what star Warsy name, I'm actually up for some RP with just about anyone who cares to do it in an orderly respectful fashion, and we don 't need to know each other"

Sadly history has shown in many games however that the Roleplayer tag usually just turns into a giant "Hey trolls and douchebags, come harass me!" Sign :/

• 1 month later...
I'm in favor of RP flags simply for social purposes. It's incredibly hard to find random RP in SWTOR unless you're in the right place at the right time or are part of a guild. An RP flag basically just signals to other players that you're "in-character" and would be up for random RP. It's easy enough to turn off (usually you just type /RP) and trolls can always be reported. It was a helpful tool in Lotro and it's difficult to find RP in SWTOR without it or character bios.