Fighting cutscenes while fighting a boss

PavSalco

I have played all storylines and the fights I remember the most come from Sith Warrior's story. This led me to the conclusion that instead of getting another scenario that goes in order:

talk -> fight to 0% -> kill a boss,

Bioware could increase the "epic" factor in the solo story fights by throwing cutscenes into those encounters after reducing the boss' HP to 1%.

Just like it is in Warrior's story where the fights are interrupted by short cutscenes and then you continue to fight with a boss that is once again at 100%. This gives additional aspect of immersion and turns impressive battles into the most epic battles :rak_04:

So the actual fights with bosses would follow this pattern: talk -> fight to 1% -> cutscene -> fight again -> kill a boss,

Examples:

Edited by PavSalco

An idea just crossed my mind. I have played a couple of storylines and the fights I remember the most come from the Sith Warrior's story. This led me to the conclusion that instead of getting another scenario that goes in order: talk, fight from 100% to 0% and kill a boss or whatever, Bioware could increase the "epic" factor in the new solo story fights by throwing cutscenes in the middle of those encounters. Just like it is in the Warrior's story where fights are interrupted by short cutscenes with some dialogue and then you continue fighting. This gives an additional aspect of immersion and is simply cool.

Example (Warrior's story spoiler alert):

Over all my experience is that the Imp factionstories offers more depth, more immerse 'feel', cooler environments then the Republic factions stories . . . might have to do with the origin writing. Imp stories have a more mature rang to them, while republic feels naive and one dimensional, boring actually ...

Over all my experience is that the Imp factionstories offers more depth, more immerse 'feel', cooler environments then the Republic factions stories . . . might have to do with the origin writing. Imp stories have a more mature rang to them, while republic feels naive and one dimensional, boring actually ...

The Trooper's story isn't one dimensional. You actually have lots of doubts when you choose a dialogue option. It's often the question of aiding a small group of people or your beloved Republic. I was surprised as I thought it would have been just two alternatives - kill imps or capture them alive. Instead we get much more issues that are not as simple.

/Signed

They could do it at each 3rd/4th of the way through the health bar (which is when most bosses say something anyway) and perhaps have battle cinematics that move u and the boss into a new area 2 fight in (like an upper balcony or adjacent room/hallway), until the final 3rd/4th that takes u back 2 the starting point of the fight (so that the final cinematic doesn't need 2 b changed):)

Edited by Mlnvifun

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I completely agree to this. Maybe this is why I did the Warrior class 3 times?

I would also like to add to not only the cut scenes during fights but the talking while fighting to more encounters, even during trash.

Engage ---> reach 50% hp on enemy: says "You will not talk me alive!" ---> Killed.

Both would be awesome.

/Signed :ph_good_post:

So the actual fights with bosses would follow this pattern: talk -> fight to 1% -> cutscene -> fight again -> kill a boss,

Examples:

I Like how neither of those players took the break between fighting to Rest and Recuperate and ended up dying at least once.

Jokes aside, with the new KotFE cinematics tools the devs have, it should open caliber of death cinematics.

The first thing that popped into my head was Revan's death in the Foundry flashpoint. The end to that fight was really disappointing, if a cutscene was added Revan could have died with a little more dignity.

//oops, I didn't mean to double post.

Edited by Falensawino

• 1 month later...
Just hire Hideo Kojima to direct the game and add cutscenes everywhere.

cutscene time 50 hours; gameplay time 2 hours

Don't know if you're trolling or what, but this is exactly where this game is going. With the new comps you don't need any fighting skills to speak of and the cut scenes are the prime new feature. Seriously?

What lame technology these guys are pinning their future on. The fight cut scene between sister and her mother was lame at best. And you folks want more? Go check out the cut scenes from Star Citizen. These look like real people, not the crappy stuff we get on swtor that your folks are gaga about.

After 4 yrs my heart is broken by the stupidity of these budget mongers. They stole my content, my 4 yrs of grinding, thousands of hours. For what? To make a semi-monthy cartoon?

Good luck with that, I am moving on.

Edited by JediJFR
typos